Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why can't the fandom get over Cupcakes already?

WriteCodes46

Seriously. I understand its notoriety as one of the most known, and shocking, MLP fanfics, but it's a trollfic released in January 2011, and when I see the 800th animation based on it: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/08/the-nightmare-previews-for-upcoming.html I can't help but roll my eyes. I understand making a parody or 2 of it, but does it really deserve this amount of fanworks dedicated to it? It's almost like it has it's own fandom, which I wouldn't normally oppose to, but it's such a lame trollfic that I honestly don't get it. Could someone explain the appeal of it to me please? Or clarify whether it's just trolling by people with a lot of free time?

And what do you think about the following that Cupcakes has apparently gathered?

• Brohoof 2

No people legitimately like it. Look at how popular creepy pasta is. Not my thing, but taking a children's tale and turning it dark is a Tale As Old As Time. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I don't really like it either. But not because it is a creepypasta. If the Author has put in more thought into it, it might have been better. I just think it's bad, because it suffer from way too much shock and gore, something that is happening too much in creepypastas.

You're supposed to be scared at creepypastas, not be grossed out or shocked by it. That's why it is called "creepy."

• Brohoof 1

No people legitimately like it. Look at how popular creepy pasta is. Not my thing, but taking a children's tale and turning it dark is a Tale As Old As Time. ;)

What about before humans Jeric?

Also people do indeed enjoy this kind of things, look at gronys if that's what there called

Edited by Blue Moon
Removed off-topic link.

I don't like that stuff but there are people who like creepy pasta and gore in this  fandom. so its not a attempt to troll but legitimately a fan work.

Edited by flutersparkle

Seriously. I understand its notoriety as one of the most known, and shocking, MLP fanfics, but it's a trollfic released in January 2011, and when I see the 800th animation based on it: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/08/the-nightmare-previews-for-upcoming.html I can't help but roll my eyes. I understand making a parody or 2 of it, but does it really deserve this amount of fanworks dedicated to it? It's almost like it has it's own fandom, which I wouldn't normally oppose to, but it's such a lame trollfic that I honestly don't get it. Could someone explain the appeal of it to me please? Or clarify whether it's just trolling by people with a lot of free time?

And what do you think about the following that Cupcakes has apparently gathered?

I don't know if you've noticed but there's loads of little sub-fandoms with this fandom.

Let's list some.

Clop, enough said. 

You And Your Human. There's loads of fan fiction based off this story.

Xenophilia is another one with lots of based off this story.

And there is lots of others.

Edited by Bendy

I liked it. It was pretty good. Much better then what I was expecting. And other people like it too. As one of the first grimdarks, people will really appreciate it.

I can see why people liked to so much but I didn't really liked it because MLP is nothing close to cupcakes....

I never really read the Cupcakes fanfic but i have watched animations of it and didnt really like it.

But i still like the Concept of a cute pony character that could be a psychopathic maniac  :lol:

Also, Pinkie just looks way better with straight hair.  :love:

...and when I see the 800th animation based on it: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/08/the-nightmare-previews-for-upcoming.html I can't help but roll my eyes. I understand making a parody or 2 of it, but does it really deserve this amount of fanworks dedicated to it...

The link you just linked us is a pony parody of FNAF 4...
I don't see anything related to Cupcakes other than the fact that there is a murdering Pinkie on it.

I've never read the fanfic itself, but I have seen the animation and it's just really screwed up in my opinion. I clicked on the video, expecting cute pastel coloured horses, but what I got was a vomiting bucket

I like Cupcakes. True, there's not really a story... is more of a description piece but I enjoyed it for that. I also draw gory MLPFIM art sometimes. Very fact that MLPFIM is cheerful show may be part of reason why I like ironic violent and gory fanworks and generally I have drawn such things long before was a Brony. Call it a morbid interest if you wish but then again people being entertained by such thing is by no means uncommon. I also enjoyed reading Rainbow Factory; doesn't have same level of description as Cupcakes did from memory but it did have more of a story. Sweet Apple Massacre, however, I never completed because, to say the least, it contained more than just gore which is what I initially expected.

Is Cupcakes entirely troll thing? Not at all. Does it deserve as much attention as it has? If that many people enjoy it then I suppose it has.

• Brohoof 1

But if no one legitimately likes it, why do they spend time making things like those SFM animations, which I'm sure aren't quick or easy to make?

The link you just linked us is a pony parody of FNAF 4...

I don't see anything related to Cupcakes other than the fact that there is a murdering Pinkie on it.

What could be the inspiration for a murdering Pinkie Pie other than Cupcakes? And what is FNAF 4?

I'll be honest here. Aside from the gore and randomness and all, I don't like Cupcakes at all because Rainbow Dash is getting murdered and she is my favorite pony. If it was a pony I didn't like such as Diamond Tiara, maybe I wouldn't be so cringy about it. 

But if no one legitimately likes it, why do they spend time making things like those SFM animations, which I'm sure aren't quick or easy to make?

What could be the inspiration for a murdering Pinkie Pie other than Cupcakes? And what is FNAF 4?

Ah the power of punctuation.

"No. People legitimately ..."

There could be other inspirations for that. Fanfiction, art, the establishment of Pinkie as having an alternate personality in fanon, or the creator just decided to put Pinkie in place of Freddy.

Oh, and Five Nights at Freddy's 4 (shortened to FNAF) is a horror game made by Scott Cawthon. The objective of the game is to survive a number of nights against animatronics (robots). I'm surprised you don't know this.

There could be other inspirations for that. Fanfiction, art, the establishment of Pinkie as having an alternate personality in fanon, or the creator just decided to put Pinkie in place of Freddy.

Oh, and Five Nights at Freddy's 4 (shortened to FNAF) is a horror game made by Scott Cawthon. The objective of the game is to survive a number of nights against animatronics (robots). I'm surprised you don't know this.

I figured it was inspired by Cupcakes since that's what most fanworks with a murderous Pinkie Pie are based on.

And I may have heard something about Five Nights at Freddy's. Don't those robots attempt to disembowel you, anyway?

I figured it was inspired by Cupcakes since that's what most fanworks with a murderous Pinkie Pie are based on.

And I may have heard something about Five Nights at Freddy's. Don't those robots attempt to disembowel you, anyway?

It is heavily implied on the first and second game that they intend to stuff you in a suit - forcefully. No disemboweling.

I wouldn't say that the fandom can't get over it. It's not exactly a huge issue. I would say that fandom won't let go of it. One thing I have noticed is that this fandom pays attention to everything.

When not much goes on in the Brony community, big, new things leave an impact on us. Cupcakes did, and that's why it's something that simply will never go away. And really, there's a lot of things that are always gonna stick with us. Cupcakes is just one of many.

You can like it or hate it or not care at all. But Cupcakes was a jackhammer on our Tranquility Lane.

• Brohoof 1