Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Miley Cyrus:Using the fandom to stay "relevant"

Ponies4Bronies

I heard that Miley is increasing her brony posts on Twitter. They aren't offensive so I see no problem in it. I thought she was much more respectable when she was younger but whatever. I have never heard of Miley being a pegasister until around the time brony became more mainstream with models dying their hair like the ponies and everything. So what do you think?

• Brohoof 5

Meh.  I don't just love the fandom being associated with somebody as *ahem* artistic as Miley, but I have no right to judge her on it. Maybe some of her fans will join the herd as well, which could be good.  

• Brohoof 5

Of course I have no problem with her and Miley will make us more mainstream and get more people to join. Did anypony also know about Seth Green, that he could be a brony too? That's great! We need more celebrity bronies out there.

• Brohoof 2

Of course I have no problem with her and Miley will make us more mainstream and get more people to join. Did anypony also know about Seth Green, that he could be a brony too? That's great! We need more celebrity bronies out there.

Don't forget about John Cena ;)
  • Brohoof 3

Meh, as much as I don't appreciate her, it's still pretty cool to know that she's a MLP-lover, and other stars like WWE's wrestlers or cinema actors are also fans, so why not?

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't judge her too harshly, I don't know her on a personal level so I wouldn't know if she's doing this for attention or if she genuinely likes the show and whatnot. On one hand she's "appealing" to the Bronies, on the other she's hurting her image even more to her non-Brony fans, (if they dislike Bronies, which they most likely do). People can like whatever they want, doesn't matter your background, fame, whatever. There are a lot of famous people that like MLP, some of which could be considered "weird" in their own respect: Skrillex, a member of Cannibal Corpse, Weird Al Yankovic, Lady Gaga, Lindsey Stirling, Robert Downey Jr., etc. I would like to take this as proof that MLP can appeal to anyone, regardless of who you may be.

• Brohoof 3

Seriously. This is a desperate attempt to get popular among the bronies.

Don't forget about John Cena ;)

58123141.jpg

• Brohoof 4

Miley is by no means a "bad" person, she is just a teen star that realized it's hard to maintain attention after you leave a child star status and she believes the only way to accomplish it is to act outrageous. I give Miley a lot of credit in that she doesn't do anything illegal and she doesn't lie to get attention. She never claims she writes her songs and she accredits her writer for all of them. If she is trying to stay relevant by making brony posts, then really she is far from the worst thing to happen to the fandom, and it kind of shows intolerance to get on her about it. Miley isn't a bad person, she just makes stupid choices. She's a good singer though I don't think anyone can deny that, whether you like her music or not she definitely has a good voice.

I wouldn't judge her too harshly, I don't know her on a personal level so I wouldn't know if she's doing this for attention or if she genuinely likes the show and whatnot. On one hand she's "appealing" to the Bronies, on the other she's hurting her image even more to her non-Brony fans, (if they dislike Bronies, which they most likely do). People can like whatever they want, doesn't matter your background, fame, whatever. There are a lot of famous people that like MLP, some of which could be considered "weird" in their own respect: Skrillex, a member of Cannibal Corpse, Weird Al Yankovic, Lady Gaga, Lindsey Stirling, Robert Downey Jr., etc. I would like to take this as proof that MLP can appeal to anyone, regardless of who you may be.

Of course that is why MLP is so great and so anybody should be able to like it or we would be hypocrites.

• Brohoof 1

Robert Downey Jr a brony? Yes, he posted on his FB or twitter a meme comparing avengers with ponies, but as far as I know he didn't stated outright he would become a brony

About Miley Cyrus, it's obvious her status as a role model is..... questionable, but I won't judge if she's making pony posts out of fame, or she really likes MLP. Because, first: I don't know her personally. Second: fake or not, it doesn't affect me regardless, not to mention just for that we got potentially new bronies on board  :P

• Brohoof 1

I just don't get why people get on Miley's case for not being a good role model. She isn't required to be. People need to just let go of the fact that she was Hannah Montana.

Robert Downey Jr a brony? Yes, he posted on his FB or twitter a meme comparing avengers with ponies, but as far as I know he didn't stated outright he would become a brony

I'm not aware of whether or not he's a Brony, I just assumed he likes MLP to some extent that he would post a meme comparing it to the Avengers on his social media. Maybe he just likes the comparison, that's all.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not aware of whether or not he's a Brony, I just assumed he likes MLP to some extent that he would post a meme comparing it to the Avengers on his social media. Maybe he just likes the comparison, that's all.

exactly, bronies need to chill the hay out and not jump welcoming to bronydom randomly. Much like the case os Jon st John being brony just because he was asked to sing the MLP intro with his Duku Nukem voice  :maud:

Miley Cyrus is a Brony now?

I just sure hope she doesn't come in like a wrecking ball, and give bronies a worse reputation than they already have.

Either way, who cares? Why isn't she allowed to be a fan of the show just as anyone else is? AND without getting criticism? :P

I'm sure many of the bronies here know the harsh words of disapproval, so why is everyone so critical towards Miley? :huh:

i_came_in_like_a_wreckingball_featured__

Honestly I like how people are acting like Miley Cyrus being a brony gives bronies a bad rep, but last I checked Miley had enough fans to where it's not a farfetched assumption to say there are more Miley fans than bronies.

Honestly, I can't say I'm too thrilled. My problem with this is if she's mainly using the fandom to stay relevant, then it's not going to work. Not only the fandom and the show will become irrelevant in the next 10 years, but Miley will also be just as irrelevant around that time then. Given that she is a teen star and that so many people love teen stars, she would lose half of the appeal by the time she reaches her adult ages. Plus, her music will be irrelevant too, considering how much music changes so much with each new decade.

But I certainly don't hate her if she watches the show, oh no. If she likes the show, then good for her.  But I do wonder whether she really is a fan, or just using the fandom to fish out more new followers.