Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I Like EQG Better Than FiM. Anyone Else Agree?

Platinum Sonnet

I like Equestria Girls more than Friendship is Magic as well. I occasionally watch an episode of FiM for one reason or another, mainly to glean insights into the personalities of the EG characters, butI watched "Return of Harmony" parts 1 & 2 to check out John de Lancie's performance and Twilight's Kingdom to see how they handled Tirek because I thought he was a really cool villain back when I was a kid.(I prefer the original still) I will probably check out Grogar's episode/s when/if(implying he isn't going to appear) he appears in FiM. It'd be interesting if there was a crossover with FiM and EG involving Grogar trying to enslave the humans, since enslaving humans is his thing.

Before EG I originally avoided FiM because I had heard and seen the Horror Stories regarding the fandom. Those Horror Stories are still true, but regardless, here I am.

Edited by Evil_Emperor
  • Brohoof 1

Hasbro definitely likes their epic ending scenes...but I think the ending scene from Rainbow Rocks tops the list..it actually made me cry

but I still think FiM is better just because it has more episodes....:D

• Brohoof 2

This is a loaded question, without fin there would be no Eqgirls. That said all I want is more sirens....buck it make em in pony mode just bring them back!

They will probably be back in the fourth Equestria girls movie, which is all ready confirmed. They probably didn't tack them onto Friendship games because it would diminish their characters.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer FiM, but the movies are good too! They gave me Sunset Shimmer and more pony songs!
Highschool is just so cliche, it makes the show seem a lot more kiddish than it is. I still like the movies though!

Edited by Snake

I am kinda torn actually. I loved EG a lot :D :D :D. However, the case is that I get to experience more FiM than EG. But I think I got a lot happier and more fun experience with EG than FiM entertainment wise :3 <3. 

I don't know the answer to this question. I like both. But for me there is one thing that penalizes EQG: the high school setting. Too trivial and teen-kiddish. As for the songs, I don't pay much importance to it. They are not my thing. However in EQG songs seem better designed. But I think that if a movie will come out about the ponies, the songs will be made better than the animated series. Although I personally hope they do not make a lot of songs.

I think I'm actually split. As good as the show is, I originally used the movies to introduce my family to the show (and come out as a Brony). I had to describe them as something like High School Musical. Now that that has come and gone, my parents and brother very much prefer the movies to the show.

For the majority, they liked Rainbow Rocks better (they thought the first movie had too much "teen drama"), but my parents can't stand Rainbow Dash (apparently, she represents gay pride. I decided not to mention Lyra and Bon Bon/Sweetie Drops) at all.

My brother was the only one to take the slightest interest in the show after seeing the movies. Despite insisting that he hated everything and anything MLP, he would find an excuse to stay in the room while I watched it (I also think it's no coincidence that the first episode he watched with me, The Cutie Map, was the first one I ever watched).

Anyway, the movies were good. I personally prefer the show, but that's just my opinion. I guess that's all there is.

I love them both equally. Each have their own unique charms. The world and clothing of Equestria is better in FiM. I enjoy watching the pony mannerisms in FiM since writing is do unique. Fluttershy is my favorite pony, it feels like she's just there in EQ.

But I'm big on the villain redeeming themself type of character so I love watching Sunset Shimmer grow in Rainbow Rocks. Watching pony Twilight try to figure out "This Strange New World" was my favorite part of Equestria Girls.

Not me. I still prefer FIM, because EQG's quality is a hundred times inferior to FIM.

Do you just think all of your opinions are objectively superior? This is literally like the 12th time you've referred to something that's obviously an opinion as being objective. Objective more or less means facts. This is a matter of preference, so there is no such thing as objectively better or worse.

When you say stuff like EQG is objectively worse than MLP you are literally saying people are wrong for liking it and you need to stop. We get it, you have strong opinions, but just because you call them "objective" doesn't really make it so.

Or are you trying to use objectively to mean unbiased? In which case that is not true either. You love FiM, that is extremely evident so you can't really call yourself an unbiased source when comparing the two. People like EQG, it also got great reviews and ratings, learn to live with the fact that people like things that you don't like and don't just rain on their parade.

Edited by Guest

Not even close. I find myself rewatching old FiM episodes every now and then, but EQG is not good enough in my opinion. I like it for what it is, but it'll never surpass FiM. 

• Brohoof 2

I am actually going to go into bat for the other side here and say that I actually prefer EQG over FiM.

Why do you ask?

For starters, I wasn't a fan of the Equestria Girls concept when it first got announced and thought of it as nothing more than car crash television. (at the time, FiM was at it's peak so hence the negative reaction). However, after seeing the first film, my attitudes changed towards it and that opened up doors in terms of creativity and storytelling when it comes to original characters (aka OC's) that wouldn't have happened with FiM.

As an example, my OC Charmie Heart (link) originally had no plans in the pony world as a pegasus with no special talent and a non inspirational cutie mark. Once Rainbow Rocks came onto the scene I started to move with the idea by converting her to the EQG world and I've had no regrets in doing so.

For example, I find that when I watch any of the Equestria Girls movies or the shorts, I tend to have ideas for possible scenarios and stories to help expand her character and personality. This can range from comforting a crying Twilight Sparkle in Rainbow Rocks (link), competing in the Friendship Games as a two handed ten pin bowler (link), making new friends in the form of Moondancer attending Canterlot High and helping her settle in (link) or finding love in the form of Goldengrape (yes, the sad hay fry pony) and helping him come out of his shell. (link)

Also as a side note, EQG has also helped me with my transgender journey.

Edited by rjrgmc28
  • Brohoof 2

This has always been a tough decision for me ever since RR. I love EQG and am very excited for Friendship Games (just in case I haven't made that apparent by now :P), plus Sunset Shimmer <3 but I also love the ponies, they're adorable and I loved them first.... so really I just think of them as one since they connect and love them both equally :)

• Brohoof 1

Can't say if I have to say if I like EqG more than FiM based on what I've seen. Probably FiM more only because it has tons of eqisodes while EqG should have it very own spin-off rather than a movie.

However I truly love EqG overall. The designs, music, the odd silliness I see, even Sunset Shimmer and Dazzlings in that world too. Also I haven't seen much of season 5 lately due to I'm losing interest in FiM, and I don't know why. I don't feel as if nothing exciting going comes out unless it surprises me somehow to watch it. I won't hesitate to watch EqG movie though.

• Brohoof 2