Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I Like EQG Better Than FiM. Anyone Else Agree?

Platinum Sonnet

Can't say if I have to say if I like EqG more than FiM based on what I've seen. Probably FiM more only because it has tons of eqisodes while EqG should have it very own spin-off rather than a movie.

However I truly love EqG overall. The designs, music, the odd silliness I see, even Sunset Shimmer and Dazzlings in that world too. Also I haven't seen much of season 5 lately due to I'm losing interest in FiM, and I don't know why. I don't feel as if nothing exciting going comes out unless it surprises me somehow to watch it. I won't hesitate to watch EqG movie though.

I agree with you about season 5. To me, with the acception of "Amending Fences", I haven't enjoyed this season that much. I don't enjoy the show as much as I used to, idk why I think it's partly because Twilight is a princess now and it's just not as good as it used to be. But EQG is awesome

• Brohoof 1

I agree with you about season 5. To me, with the acception of "Amending Fences", I haven't enjoyed this season that much. I don't enjoy the show as much as I used to, idk why I think it's partly because Twilight is a princess now and it's just not as good as it used to be. But EQG is awesome

Not only she is a princess now but it seems like she and the others are relying on that pony distress radar....thingy...that let it knows where someponies, or Griffons need help with specific ponies. Maybe I haven't seen few more missing episodes to know if Season 5 isn't really just that but it feels as something changed it to be away from Season 4. I guess it just Twilight is a princess now and Discord is basically reformed that he won't cause great mischiefs anymore.

If they have plans for Season 6, I probably might not going to watch it to be honest. I just think they running out of ideas for FiM but Equestria Girls is still new which may have potential for me to see. I can only hope they think of making it as a show than a movie, my wishful thinking.

That's my 2 cents with the whole thing on how I feel on FiM vs EqG

I prefer fim however I'd love to watch equestria girls as a t.v. series!

Oh giiiiiiiirl Don't even get me started! I would watch the f**k out of a EQG Tv series. I think EQG could be a lot like Wizards of Waverly place, which was the thing to watch back in my days, which was really only a few years ago, but still.

I can't say I like EQG more than than FiM, but I think that's becuase I've only seen 3 hours of EQG as oppsed to the (lets see here 22x104) 2,288 hous I've spent watching FiM.

It might have a chance if there were a TV show, but not in its current state.

Oh giiiiiiiirl Don't even get me started! I would watch the f**k out of a EQG Tv series. I think EQG could be a lot like Wizards of Waverly place, which was the thing to watch back in my days, which was really only a few years ago, but still.

I can't say I like EQG more than than FiM, but I think that's becuase I've only seen 3 hours of EQG as oppsed to the (lets see here 22x104) 2,288 hous I've spent watching FiM.

It might have a chance if there were a TV show, but not in its current state.

I love wizards of Waverly place! I used to watch it every night! I agree this decision would be more difficult if e.g. was a series instead of movies.

I personally like Equestria Girls more. Not 100% sure why either, I just think it's more fun to watch and the music is a trillion times better than the show's music. Plus Sunset Shimmer.

i like them both the same but i would like to see sunset shimmer in fim

• Brohoof 1

Nah, I prefer MLP:FiM over Equestria Girls. Not only EqG has only had two movies and a few shorts compared to MLP:FiM, but MLP:FiM is more interesting when it comes to world-building and characters. I certainly don't hate EqG, but I do wish it had just enough things to offer to be intriguing.

I' am all about the cuteness of technocolored pastel ponies with big doe like eyes.

The humor, story telling, and informative messages for moral behavior is great.

The first generation of MLP, I found to be just creepy, sorry, but they creeped me out.

Equestria Girls are enjoyable and I would watch it if it ever becomes a series.

• Brohoof 1

I feel the strongest episodes of Friendship is Magic are the Slice-of-Life episodes(Hurricane Fluttershy,Testing Testing 123,etc).

Currently I feel Rainbow Rocks did better than most of the action/drama episodes, especially in the villain department and the ability to give someone other than Twilight a chance to shine. I think it would be cool to see how the series would do slice of life differently than the main show and we'd need a TV show for that. :P

I wonder how Human Rainbow Dash would handle Tank's hibernation for example, lol.

Edited by Ickery
  • Brohoof 2

I' am all about the cuteness of technocolored pastel ponies with big doe like eyes.

The humor, story telling, and informative messages for moral behavior is great.

The first generation of MLP, I found to be just creepy, sorry, but they creeped me out.

Equestria Girls are enjoyable and I would watch it if it ever becomes a series.

so true i would rather see the show but i do like the movies a little

• 4 weeks later...

After watching the Friendship Games, I think I must admit that I like EQG better than FiM. Yes, I think FiM is awesome, but I just really like the animation and design of EQG. I liked how FG didn't focus on the Mane 6 as much, and it was a bit centered on the other characters: Sunset, Sci-Twi, Principal Cinch.

• 1 month later...

I came to this fandom for ponies and not really for high school drama.

I saw all the EQG movies and there is barely anything for me that really captures my attention. Not even Sunset Shimmer, who pretty much is now Twilight Sparkle 2.0 with less things going for her.

• Brohoof 2

I've only seen the first two EQG movies, and while they're fun, they're rather average movies. There's potential buried deep, especially with Sunset, but it has yet to be realized. And I do think that any concept can work with the right execution.

Call me crazy but I have rewatched more time into the Equestria Girls movies than FiM. I have watched Friendship Games 63 times almost now. Rainbow Rocks 12, and the original twice. In Equestria Girls there seems to be things not missing in it like Friendship is Magic does.

Edited by Zach

• 3 weeks later...

Equestria girls was mostly a commercial toy idea, so no. I'm sticking with FIM. Yes, there is merchandise of FIM as well, but at the start, it wasn't for same purpose of Equestria Girls. FIM is a reboot of the show that is My little Pony, bringing a whole new generation of the show that existed long ago before the 2000s .

• 1 month later...