Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff q+a Lightwing Q&A

Simon

And time for this week's Q&A!  Today we'll be chatting with Lightwing!  Not only is Lightwing a member of the Poniverse Newsletter Staff and a sectional here on MLP Forums, but Lightwing's also the staff's resident shipper, which should surely make today's Q&A a boatload of fun.  (Boatload... shipping... see what I did there? :D)

Q&A will close tomorrow at 3 AM PST, so be sure to spam all your questions for Lightwing below!

To get the ball rolling:

What's your OTP?

• Brohoof 11

Who is a silly pony? 

Why do you love shipping? 

Question from Buzz: 

What is Fire emblem and why are you obsessed with it?

Why are you obsessed with shipping?

• Brohoof 5

Hello, Lightwing! Glad to see you on a Q&A.

I have two questions. Firstly, what's the most challenging part of being a staff member? And secondly, what other TV shows/video games/books/etc. do you like outside of MLP:FiM?

• Brohoof 5

Hello Lightwing.

My question is, why do you have the Name Lightwing? Does it have any meaning?

• Brohoof 5

Hi there, MLP Forums! It's a pleasure to be part of this! c:

What's your OTP?

Jeric x Button's Mom always

MANY people asked me about my OTPs, and although many of them had a change of view through the time, only one stayed at the Top.

maxresdefault.jpg

Don't ask me what I like because about this pairing, because I wouldn't be able to answer. What I do know is that I really love their dynamic, and when the notice of a Raridash episode came to me, anyone can swear that I Squee'ed so hard that I broke a crystal.

Hia LW, what made you want to join staff?

Now that's an interesting question.

My sad and epic story of ascension through the Poniverse Ranks started with the Poniverse Newsletter, more or less a year ago. The former leader, Jokuc, made a topic where he wanted to recruit people, and I said "Why not?", and gave it a shot.

More or less in the middle of August, I got contacted about me being accepted, and I started to work there.

About how I joined the MLPF Staff? Back in April, I sent another Mod Application because there were a few things going on, and, again, I was thinking "Why not?". I got rejected the first time, but that didn't meant that I would get rejected every single time.

Then, again in August, I got contacted again about me doing an Interview with the staff, to see if I was a good fit to the staff. Needless to say, I nailed it, and now I am both a MLPF Staff and a Poniverse Newsletter staff member. c:

Hey Lightwing, who is your best pony?

Cloud Chaser. Period.

Cloudchaser_S2E22_CROPPED.png

Even if it is from a single design choice, I REALLY love Cloud Chaser.

is your opposite

Darkwing or Heavywing?

I will answer you with another question.

Why not both?

LIGHTWING! :love:

If you were a ship, would you sail to my shore? :comeatus:

You silly filly. I am already sailing to your shore, and I am loaded of packets. c:

Who is a silly pony?

Why do you love shipping?

Question from Buzz:

Who's a silly pony? That's easy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inaOz64_Q5k

Why do I love shipping? I answered that question before, so I'll show it to tou.

On all my time here,I believe that you're actually the first that asks me that.

Honestly,not even I know why do I like shipping that much. I just remember that,since I was very young,I enjoyed to pair up characters from multiples cartoons,and bet with myself if they ended together or not.

About why do I do it here to...Is because people has fun with shipping here.

Think about it. People likes having fun,and I enjoy shipping people (with a reason,of course,i never do it without one),and the thing is that,if people likes fun,and my shipping allows people to have fun,why wouldn't I do it,specially when I like that people has a good time?

Also,I admit that i actually met a lot of awesome people through my shipper life,so it also helps me to make new friends(something that it takes me some time) and have a better time on this place.

Tl;dr= it's a goddamn win-win situation for both sides

And now onto Buzz's questions...

-Why am I obsessed with shipping? Same answer as I gave you applies here, so no need to repeat myself.

-Fire Emblem? Oooh boy, now you are entering on my game.

Fire Emblem is a SRPG franchise created in the year 198x in Japan, for the original NES. It's, in few words, a strategy game with RPG elements like level ups and such.

Why do I love it so much? It's because everything. I love most of its settings, I love most of its characters, and it (oftenly) offers a challenge that is hard but fair. Also, it offers me some of my favourite design choices of all time:

200px-FESK_Arthur_02.png

What is the story of Clone trooper Lightwing2

There are stories that are simply impossible to explain...

I was drunk and silly

Favourite moment being on staff so far?

Well, I haven't been even for a month here, so my historial is pretty short. But I do like when I get the chance to help people resolve their issues, and it really gives me a warm feeling when they are happy with the result and thank me.

I also like how now I can do things in behalf of the community, and how my actions can help in a way or another to make this place an even better place.

So favourite moment...? Pretty hard, although any of those two things that I named before could go as "my favourite moment so far".

Hello, Lightwing! Glad to see you on a Q&A.

I have two questions. Firstly, what's the most challenging part of being a staff member? And secondly, what other TV shows/video games/books/etc. do you like outside of MLP:FiM?

Hello Odyssey c:

Well, the hardest part is probably doing my job correctly. As a Q&A Staff, I take a very active role in the Q&A section and in the Support System, where users send their issues to see if they could be fixed.

Most of the time it seems that I do it well, but I cannot do nothing but doubt "What if I told him the wrong thing? What if I messed up things even more?". So far, I haven't reached that moment, but I always fear it, and it makes my job a bit harder than it should.

TV Shows? I watch quite a few, namely Star VS The Forces of Evil, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe...

Books? My world. I have libraries of books that I would gladly read for hours, but the Fantasy genre is predominant. Give me a Fantasy Book, and I'll read it Yes or Yes.

And when it comes to games, Fire Emblem (duh), Pokemon, Metroid, Star Fox, and pretty much any Nintendo Franchise. I still play any game of other franchise, but Nintendo ones are the most predominant.

Do you listen to music? If so, what's your favorite music genre?

I listen to pretty much any genre of music nowadays. About my favourite genre, it would be Rock and most of its variants, due for basically being "the genre that I grew up with" basically.

Hello Lightwing.

My question is, why do you have the Name Lightwing? Does it have any meaning?

The name Lightwing comes from a mispelling that I had many years back, where I typed Lightning with a W. Eventually, I grew to love it, and became a staple of me on the Internet. So, due for that, I believe it has no meaning whatsoever.
  • Brohoof 15

'ello señor Lightwing

I know you mentioned you like travel previously. As a keen (future) traveler, I would love to know where in the world you would like to visit the most and why? The worlds a big place, it'd be a shame to miss out on it :P

Also, Jelly Jiggler or Don Patch? (Choose wisely m8)

That is all (for now) :D

P.S

• Brohoof 4

Q&A a boatload of fun.  (Boatload... shipping... see what I did there? )

:| Simon, really XD

Oh hi, Lightwing. Umm, question...

Ahh, yes. I remember now.

* What's the most craziest ship that you've ever created ;)

* What was your first laptop/desktop?

* And your current laptop.desktop? :P

TECHNOLOGY!! :D

• Brohoof 3

I got another question Lightwing.

If you could ship me with anyone (besides LZRD WZRD) who would you ship me with? :P

• Brohoof 3

'ello señor Lightwing

I know you mentioned you like travel previously. As a keen (future) traveler, I would love to know where in the world you would like to visit the most and why? The worlds a big place, it'd be a shame to miss out on it :P

Also, Jelly Jiggler or Don Patch? (Choose wisely m8)

That is all (for now) :D

P.S

There are SO MANY PLACES that I want to visit. I don't have an specific order of visits, but either USA or UK would be the first that I would try to visit (no specific order, because both have good things that attract me)

Also, for your other question

giphy.gif

ayyy lightwing

Read any books?

Fuck. You win once, and you remind it to me forever >: (

Anyways, I do read books.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTfiFuYu7Wk

c:

:| Simon, really XD

Oh hi, Lightwing. Umm, question...

Ahh, yes. I remember now.

* What's the most craziest ship that you've ever created ;)

* What was your first laptop/desktop?

* And your current laptop.desktop? :P

TECHNOLOGY!! :D

-All the ships that I make are crazy. If one wasn't crazy, the business would be dead yo.

-A PC from the year 2006

-A PC from the year 2006

;^;

I got another question Lightwing.

If you could ship me with anyone (besides LZRD WZRD) who would you ship me with? :P

I would ship you with... with this user

Why? No idea. You just fit there 8^)

• Brohoof 4

Alright Lightwing, I got some more questions from Buzz: 

Why do you 'worship' Dawn/King?

Why do you hate Spanish politicians?

Kiss, Marry, Avoid: Jeric, Simon, Zeus?

• Brohoof 3

Lightwing!

How do you feel about Simon misspelling your name for the topic name?

How much time are you spending shipping a day?

How YOU doin'?  B)

• Brohoof 7

Hello, Lightwing! It's time for the obligatory "10InTheTardis Brand™" "Have you watched Doctor Who yet?" Question!™

Which, after that, is followed by one of two aditional "10InTheTardis Brand™" Questions, such as,"Why not?" or "OH MY GOSH YES YOU WATCH DOCTOR WHO YAYY WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE DOCTOR AND COMPANION AND EPISODE AND SCREWDRIVER AND TARDIS OUTSIDE AND TARDIS INSIDE AND HAVE YOU SEEN CLASSIC OR JUST THE NEW SERIES AND WHAT'S WEIRDER 9'S EARS, 10'S SKINNYNESS OR 11TH CHIN? ALSO DO YOU LIKE SERIES 8 AND IS YOUR BODY READY FOR SERIES 9 BECAUSE I AM YAYY!!!!!!!!!!!™"

That is trademarked, you cannot use that unless I receive proper payment.

• Brohoof 1