Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff q+a Lightwing Q&A

Simon

Favorite Fire Emblem Game?

Surprisingly tricky question, whose answer depends of different things:

-From a gameplay Perspective, Thracia 776, without a doubt. That game is no harder than L+!FE13, but its difficulty at least doesn't come as "fake" or "cheap", if not from its overall gameplay. Many different mechanics, like Capture and Rescue(the first game where it appared) created many new strategic situations, and the Fatigue System(which makes units have to rest for a full chapter if they make too many actions) practically nullifies lowmanning, a problem present in many Fire Emblem games. Enemies are weaker than enemies in Sacred Stones, but the problem of Same Turn Reinforcements and the fatigue system make them more dangerous than you will think. Also, Capturing is the only method where you can get items (in this game, ALL the items are expensive, with an Iron Sword costing 2200g, for example) and money, because nobody will give you money, thus making this game a true war experience. I won't spoil its story, but it is a midquel to Genealogy of the Holy War(another fantastic game from the series), and it stars what it is, by many fans, the best Lord in the series storywise (although weaker than Roy gamewise. It's that bad). Overall, it offers an incredibly strategic gameplay that, although is not newbie friendly (in fact, this game is NOT recommended to play without a guide), it can give you so much fun for hours. One little trait of this game gave it the name Staff Emblem. Why? Why don't you play and find out?

-From a storyline perspective, I am in a complete tie between Path of Radiance and Genealogy of the Holy War. The first one has an incredible storyline, starring Ike, the first Main Character that is not a noble. Genealogy of the Holy War spans two generations and was the first game to have a marriage system (inserted into the story in a better way than Awakening would do in the future). But those games have serious flaws, with PoR being the easiest game in the series, and Genealogy having terrible balancing issues( Mounted Units are even more OP than ever, and Legendary Weapons can be repaired)

To say which one is "My Favourite" is pretty hard. I will say Thracia because it offers a fantastic gameplay along with a good storyline(not great, but if you played its prequel, you will enjoy it).

What other games do you like besides Fire Emblem?

I am a fan of many Nintendo franchises too. Star Fox has been a recent addition, but it quickly earned a position on my heart, although there are many others like Metroid(whose setting I do love), Mario (platforming at its finiest), Pokemon(engaging gameplay), amongst others...

• Brohoof 4

I have a Question.

Why wont you notice me, senpai? I asked you a question, but alas, not even that was enough for lightwingu senpaiu

Oh god. I am so sorry. I probably missed it when switching of page while answering questions ;w;

• Brohoof 4

As a Wonderbolt, do you report to Spitfire?

What's the story behind your signature picture?

What is the ratio between time spent shipping, sectional staff stuff, newsletter staff stuff, and plain browsing the forums, while on MLPForums?

• Brohoof 2

Yes, sir!

As a proud member of the Wonderbolts, our duty is to report to our captain, sir! o7

What's the story behind your signature picture?

The character on my signature is Olivia, from FE13. Although I have many complains about how bland are some of the characters of that game personality-wise, I really love some of their designs. Olivia is one of them.

Olivia <3

What is the ratio between time spent shipping, sectional staff stuff, newsletter staff stuff, and plain browsing the forums, while on MLPForums?

all my time is spent shipping, of course 8^)

But to be honest, my time spent both as a Sectional and Newsletter Staff depends of the day. Some days are very calm, and I have not much to do, while others are really busy.

I spend a lot of time shipping, that's true. At least 8 hours are spent thinking on all my future ships.

And about plain browsing the forums? A lot of time, actually. 

• Brohoof 4

Chiming in here. Considering Lightwing reports to Dawn Rider/King ... And DR has an affinity for the Wonderbolt's leader ... I would say this is legit.

• Brohoof 4

Chiming in here. Considering Lightwing reports to Dawn Rider/King ... And DR has an affinity for the Wonderbolt's leader ... I would say this is legit.

>Doesn't ask a question

Can we ban Jeric, please?

Would you play Hasbro's Twister in the dark? (The neon / low-light version.)  :love:

Oh.

If I can ship it, of course!

• Brohoof 5

What will it take to end the Button's Mom thing?

Even I can answer that question.

Never.

So, Lightwing, how did you get started in the fandom?

• Brohoof 1

So, Lightwing, how did you get started in the fandom?

It was a dark night of July of 2013, and it was rainy. Lightwing-Senpai was trying to find something to watch, until he stumbled with a MLP episode. He was doubtful at first, but clicked anyways. Two years and a month later, he is in a pony board doing stuff and trying to not blow up things.

Who would you ship me with?

I said it before, and he knows it. c:

Have you ever danced with the devil in pale moonlight? :toldya:

Hypnosparkle, you silly pony.

am the devil. People dances with me in pale moonlight c:

• Brohoof 6

Since you like Metroid, what are your thoughts on the new upcoming game?

My literal reaction(neutral as hell tho):

"Wut" 

And.. who would you ship me with? c:

me, because i have such vanity for self shipping that it's unbelievable

Mmmm.... I can ship you with... Hmm... *looks at your friend list*

(Insert Name Here)

What's your favorite Spanish song? :ooh:

A Mariachi. Period.

I know that it's mexican, but I can always dream ;w;

• Brohoof 5

What do you think of the "improved" signature I made for you  :umad:  :umad:

Banned.

>: (

Lightwing, who do you ship me with?

ooBrony

Why? Because Rarity is on your pic, so you both love Rarity, so I ship it<3

• Brohoof 4

A.S. (ante-script instead of post-script...anyone get it?): Isn't this a staff q&a and not a shipping request shop? :wacko:

What do you do in your free time besides MLPForums?

What's so big about Cloud Chaser?

Cloud Chaser x Night Glider?

How much interaction is there with the other sectional staff? Do you guys have underground meetings without the admins together to plan out team tactics or anything? :dash:>_>

• Brohoof 3

What is your opinion of crazy me  :umad:

What is your opinion of me me (still basically crazy  :umad:)? 

What is your opinion of Potatoes and Buzz  :icwudt:

• Brohoof 2

What pairing that is popular with the fandom do you personally dislike? 

Appledash. I won't really enter into details here, but that's a shipping that never got an approval of me for some reason.

A.S. (ante-script instead of post-script...anyone get it?): Isn't this a staff q&a and not a shipping request shop?

I learned this with the time. Shipping chases me. The main example that came to my mind is recent:

[2:58:50 AM] Koukatsu: Lightwing.
[2:58:51 AM] Koukatsu: Shipping.
[2:58:53 AM] Koukatsu: http://prntscr.com/89bnuc
[3:00:24 AM] Lightcat: Yes
[3:00:26 AM] Lightcat: I ship it
it was a serious chat until that moment

What do you do in your free time besides MLPForums?
Lurk. A lot.
I also love watching random profiles without any reason. And ship a bit on the way c:

What's so big about Cloud Chaser?
No real reason. I fell in love with her design, and I really like many of the fanfics where she appears. It's the classic situation as with many Background Ponies. 

Cloud Chaser x Night Glider?
OTP
Period

How much interaction is there with the other sectional staff? Do you guys have underground meetings without the admins together to plan out team tactics or anything?
W-What are you saying? W-we don't do that D:
you know too much, you shall be annhilated >: (

What is your opinion of crazy me  :umad:

What is your opinion of me me (still basically crazy  :umad:)? 

I have the same opinion about both of them.

Never change. You are truly good person, and you actually make me laugh, like a lot. You also make many people happy on this place, and that's a good thing. Whenever is your mad or your normal self, I love him. Never change, Jonas. 

What is your opinion of Potatoes and Buzz  :icwudt:

Best OTP <3

<3

<3

<3

Potatoes are <3 too though.

• Brohoof 5

I have the same opinion about both of them. Never change. You are truly good person, and you actually make me laugh, like a lot. You also make many people happy on this place, and that's a good thing. Whenever is your mad or your normal self, I love him. Never change, Jonas. 

Aww :kindness:. Thank you  ^w^. I was actually going to say that my normal is even more insane than my crazy self (because logic :P:umad:  

It is Buzz's birthday today, what do you say :)

What do you think of... Hobbits? (Overused song coming up)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE-1RPDqJAY

Edited by JonasDarkmane
  • Brohoof 5