Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony fan game Greenlit on Steam

The Coffee Pony

I actually think it looks good and I know it won't do well but I don't see why not release a fan made game that actually looks like a game that legally can be. 

It's been stated by the devs that they won't have legal issues with Hasbro Studios. So I wouldn't worry too much if it ever hits the store or not.

That's what the 'Fighting is Magic' guys thought.

It's sparked my interest, I'll admit. If I had to guess, it's going to go the way of Fighting is Magic. The developers are saying that it's not infringing copyright, but I think they're being optimistic about it.

• Brohoof 1

wow that pony model looks super out of place

Even if they have no problems with copyright it (and fan games overall) still don't really need to be on Steam

We won't absolutely know for sure what and how the end result will be.

The only reason it won't get C&D'd is if it flies under Hasbro's radar and it can't do that forever.

It looks like they took a pony and threw it into an updated version of MYST, and man doe that pony model really look out of place compared to the environment textures around it...... Cease and desist may come soon, just depends on how long it takes Hasbro to see the model being used for the ponies. :umad:  

A fan-game, on Steam? Well then...Anyhow, I like the aesthetics, but the pony looks out place. A cartoony pastel horse doesn't exactly fit in a dark, gloomy dungeon. I wish they showed some more platforming & puzzles in the video, what they did show looked pretty simple and standard.

Though, I'm wondering, why tie it with MLP? The backstory, aesthetics and everything look like it could be its own thing, the only thing that connects it to MLP seems to be the unicorn character. I think it'd do the game more good than bad if it wasn't MLP-related.

Ah well, good luck to the devs~

It actually doesn't look like a fan game to me. The only similarities to MLP I see is the main character being a candy colored horse. I don't see any other references. It may take some inspiration from MLP but I don't think I'd put it in that category.

I also can't imagine Hasbro going after it just because it stars a pony. That would be like Sega giving Freedom Planet a C&D because it takes inspiration from Sonic the Hedgehog. However if they were to somehow go after it, I would question if Hasbro thinks they have some sort of monopoly on candy colored equines.