Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony fan game Greenlit on Steam

The Coffee Pony

I'd try it out if it ever gets on steam, but I doubt it. Also the pony sticks out like a sore thumb in the realistic/fantasy setting of the dungeon. Also the animations could use some more work.

Edited by Magic Rasin

I do agree with everyone else in that although this idea is interesting, it's fairly difficult since Steam really isn't the place for fan games. Plus, we haven't seen enough to determine whether or not the game will just take some inspiration from MLP or be a flat out fan game, since it DID mention being able to interact with NPCs in the description.

The pony does stick out in the setting. That's not to say it's completely bad, since the LEGO games do something similar, but I mean the model looks like it was ripped straight from G-Mod, instead of being custom made. If they added a bit more detail to the model and simplified the environment a bit, it could work. Ponies could work in a darker environment, it's just that unless the environment is cartoony (like say the Bunker in Gravity Falls), it won't work too well. But I mean the game still is far from done, so those could just be some filler textures.

The animations need quite a bit of work, it doesn't feel as fluent as it is in the show. Not to mention the model itself just looks lifeless, it could use some work as well (as I mentioned previously).

Although, this still is in it's early development stages, so nothing we see here is final. Everything is subject to change, and best of luck to the developers. (Though I do agree that Steam isn't really the place for fan games... oh well, let's see where this goes.)