Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Which did you think was better? Big Hero 6 or Frozen?

Pixie Doodle

I'll try to keep it spoiler free for those who haven't seen them..

I personally prefer Big Hero 6.

It was over shadowed by Frozen because of it's explosive popularity but if we ignore the fact that Frozen is freaking everywhere and over hyped and over played, it didn't feel it was as strong and unique as Big Hero 6. I know Frozen was like an old fairy tale and that's fine, but I prefer Big Hero 6 visually and the characters are more interesting to me.

Unlike many other films, there isn't a romance shoe horned into the plot of the film. But the designs.. I can't get over! Its just pure awesome.
Frozen is good but it didn't grab me too much. It's a similar story to Wicked and Elsa and Elphaba are identical, and even played by the same actress! And when people started saying, 'Oh its all about girl power! Its like, the first Disney movie to do that!' *cough* Excuse me? Errr, what about Mulan? Did you skip Mulan as a kid? If you haven't seen it, watch it. Now. Don't even reply. Go! It's on Netflix!!

*cough*

So what about you guys? Which do you prefer and why?

• Brohoof 1

I think Big Hero 6 was better. I just like humor and a bit of seriousness better. Frozen was more like.... singing and dancing around and was really colorful really... while Big Hero 6 was a bit darker, but humorous and a bit deeper :)

Big Hero 6.

I have nothing against Frozen and I actually like it but Big Hero 6 is just so much more interesting to me. Better scenery, better action scenes, more interesting/likeable characters, good voice actors, good plot, no forced romance plot, and I just really enjoyed it. It seems slow to me in some places but it's still one of my favorite movies.

Might go ahead and watch it again in an hour or two actually.

• Brohoof 2

I liked both but Big Hero 6 is closer to my tastes

This thread totally isn't gonna turn into another anti-Frozen circlejerk

• Brohoof 1

We are comparing apples with oranges here.

Big Hero 6 was an Animated Super Hero Movie, while Frozen was a Traditional Disney Animated fairy tale musical.

The better question is, which movie did you like more?

• Brohoof 3

I liked both but Big Hero 6 is closer to my tastes

This thread totally isn't gonna turn into another anti-Frozen circlejerk

I hope it doesn't. It 's not my intention. But I don't blame people for getting tired of it, considering it's everywhere and so many claim is the best thing ever. But it does have some good aspects.

• Brohoof 1

Frozen. It has many twists to tired-old cliches in Disney movies, it has two very interesting main characters, the scenery and the songs are gorgeous and its overall cynical theme makes it a unique and fantastic movie.

I hated Big Hero 6. I mean, the concept is great, but man I just found it quite annoying to watch.

• Brohoof 1

Well, objectively, I'd probably rank Big Hero 6 a bit higher for concept and story.  I really appreciated the dark tone of some parts.  When what's his face got blown up, I was like, "Holy sh*t, that dude just got blown up in a Disney movie!"  I mean, you don't see gibs or anything, but still, he got f*ckin blown up!  Anyway, my subjective preference is Frozen, because I'm a sucker for the princesses, and I'm more or less in love with Elsa.  And I love her song.  So sue me.

I personally prefer Big Hero 6. No offence to Frozen fans, but I think that film's popularity has overstayed its welcome. It's good, I get it, but I'd rather watch Big Hero 6... Frozen had a great plot, and was hardly cliché, but I didn't think Elsa really played much of a part. She was kinda just there to make Anna's story work, I feel. Although Big Hero 6 had a slightly predictable story, all of the characters felt relevant, and whilst a few needed a little more character development, they were still key characters. Also, Baymax. BAYMAX. :squee:

So yeah, no Frozen hate, but I definitely like Big Hero 6 better. Also, it just annoys me how everyone I know seems to be completely obsessed with Frozen.

i haven't seen either But i would say Frozen, i hear my friends singing the song "Let it go" while im on the phone with

some people that lives in Vegas.
I asume thats a good movie if m friends will sing it. :P

-Proxy

Frozen. Big Hero 6 was a bit predictable in my eyes. Somebody dies in the origin story. Stereotypical diverse group of friends get quirky powers. Villain is revealed as "the guy we least suspected." Hero tries to go for murderous revenge but is unfortunately stopped. Touchy feely moment brings group together. They go kick butt in the end. The dark motivation for the villain gets resolved. 

I didn't find the characters memorable. I found the plot predictable. It was a nice movie to sit through, but the movie played it safe and went for the same tropes. 

Frozen was done much better visually. It also abandoned many tropes found in the common Disney movie. The characters were memorable. Even more so because they didn't follow the same tired cliches. A part or two in the movie actually caught me off guard. 

The reason Frozen has remained popular while other recent Disney movies have fallen into obscurity is because it's surprised and endeared itself to people. 

• Brohoof 1

I would say Big Hero 6. First off Marvel.

Second, this Movie had a much more interesting story, more action, less songs and just looked more interesting from the setting for me than Frozen.

Frozen was just...to much songs, not really that big of any villain and i didnt liked the humor...also i didnt liked the little snowmen.

I just found the Movie uninteresting and its also not very like the source material.

I never watched it completely, only half way trough because we watched it at school once...but i never was interested in watching it of my own and watching it to the end.

So i guess that says a lot about how uninteresting that movie for me was.

• Brohoof 2