Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

my redesigned OC

StealingShad3Z

What up everypony StealingShad3Z here. Well winter is on its way and the spiked up hollywood hair I had can lead to a chilly forehead. So I have decided to let my bangs down and grow out the sweet locks i once possessed.

And just like me, my OC is going through some changes. Besides the longer main (of coarse due to me growing my hair out), my OC is now.... a unicorn? :wacko: ???

Yep Shad3Z is now a unicorn. I'm a brony musician, so of coarse being an earth pony that played guitar could be a bit tedious. So tada... hoooorn! Magical ability to lift a guitar or mic? Start the music!!!

post-34801-0-27147100-1440744931_thumb.jpg

post-34801-0-25546400-1440744932_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 5

being an earth pony that played guitar could be a bit tedious. So tada... hoooorn! Magical ability to lift a guitar or mic?

Playing guitars built for humans maybe, but remember that in Equestria, things are built to be used by ponies :P and microphones can be on stands or headsets.

EDIT: Like a "slide guitar" sorta thing, like this one i made for my MC character model so he could play the guitar without any fingers..

Ponies would have probably have something like this ;) Except way better, more octaves/notes and other functions too :)

sCKsxPO.gif

EDIT: Though if someone were to argue that you can't change your race, you could say you were a unicorn this whole time, your horn was just hidden under all that upright hair, xD

But anyway, nice art ⁿ-ⁿ

Well proportioned, though i can see it's not vectors.. did you freedraw this? (by that i mean use pen or pencil tools in a normal graphics program and manually draw each line..)

If so, really well done, that takes a lot of skill ;)

Edited by AURAequine
  • Brohoof 1

Okay well imagine this. I dont play guitar with my hooves, but instead use my horn to levitate the guitar and play it, serious skill. Now as for the whole thing about ponies playing fretted string instruments, you might wanna give Ocatavia a call 

Also walking around with a floating mic is aaaawesome... watch Brony Dance Party's pmv of beyond her tomb. Mic the Mic killing it with dat floating mic.

Maybe.. but it seems a little too much to just play guitar.. both levitating 2 things at once AND plucking strings.. I mean.. look at twilight trying to do multiple things at once.. :lol:

sig-4053454.Twilight_unleashed_S1E6.png

Yes, she may be doing a few difficult spells to the extreme, but for a pony that specializes in magic.. she had a lot of trouble doing it..
Unicorns aren't as powerful as most ponies believe.. Our magic is a tool.. not a miracle..

OOOooooo.. what if your music based talent gives you the ability to make the strings vibrate at certain frequencies?
You'd get a lot of control in the sounds your guitar makes :D as well as balancing out your character a little ;)

EDIT: Out of boredom i decided to use that pic of Twilight.. edit it and add some vectored objects to show how it'd look if a pony was straining to hold and electric guitar.. strum it.. AND hold a mic.. at the same time..

(changed the background to sorta match your OC color..)

3phQLCN.png

Edited by AURAequine
  • Brohoof 1

Maybe.. but it seems a little too much to just play guitar.. both levitating 2 things at once AND plucking strings.. I mean.. look at twilight trying to do multiple things at once.. :lol:

sig-4053454.sig-4053454.Twilight_unleash

Yes, she may be doing a few difficult spells to the extreme, but for a pony that specializes in magic.. she had a lot of trouble doing it..

Unicorns aren't as powerful as most ponies believe.. Our magic is a tool.. not a miracle..

OOOooooo.. what if your music based talent gives you the ability to make the strings vibrate at certain frequencies?

You'd get a lot of control in the sounds your guitar makes :D as well as balancing out your character a little ;)

EDIT: Out of boredom i decided to use that pic of Twilight.. edit it and add some vectored objects to show how it'd look if a pony was straining to hold and electric guitar.. strum it.. AND hold a mic.. at the same time..

sig-4053454.3phQLCN.png

I can appreciate this, the edit is kinda neat I'll admit.

• Brohoof 2

sig-4053454.sig-4053454.Twilight_unleash

sig-4053454.3phQLCN.png

hahaha im laughing so hard... okay maybe the mic can be on a stand... 

You wanna talk about a pony that can play any instrument just look at pinkie pie, shes played drums, a an accordion, even a flugle horn

And yeah that could be the thing that my OC possesses a special magical ability to bend sound frequencies. but maybe my oc wouldnt need to levitate the guitar, the reason i said that was because itd be kinda weird if my OC could stand and play guitar, i might make an exception at some point but i thought the horn would make rocking out a little easier

• Brohoof 1

And yeah that could be the thing that my OC possesses a special magical ability to bend sound frequencies. but maybe my oc wouldnt need to levitate the guitar, the reason i said that was because itd be kinda weird if my OC could stand and play guitar, i might make an exception at some point but i thought the horn would make rocking out a little easier

You could have a guitar with a strap or something if you don't want it to stand up on 2 legs..

Found image that's a perfect example of this.. Thanks to google :P

MLP-Pictures-my-little-pony-friendship-i

Though i don't think it'd look weird if he was standing upright while playing it.. MLP ponies are very dextrous and should have to trouble doing this, at least for a while..

Edited by AURAequine