Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

visual art Coraline

LiraCrown

I decided to watch the movie again the other day and then did this piece.

I used this piece as practice for a grayscale shading/coloring technique which I had never tried using till now because the process sorta worried me. Turns out I really like the overall process and just need to figure a few things out to make things neater overall. Considering I haven't done many human images and I have never used this technique before, I'm pretty happy with it.

it_s_coraline_by_liracrown-d97foyo.png

• Brohoof 7

This looks amazing, nice work  :pinkie:

Thanks a bunch.

I loved the movie :). I need to read the book :). Awesome work you did there :D

I always forget there was a book, also never read it. I'm sure it explains a bunch of stuff the movie does not.

That's really amazing! And I absolutely love that movie! It was kind of disturbing though, hahah. Really great art, well done :D:)

Was definitely a movie with some odd views on things. But it's a well animated and generally interesting movie for sure. Also thanks XD

• Brohoof 3

I love that movie, it's absolutely breathtaking. <3 The stop-motion blow me away!

That's one awesome piece of art, buddy!

Thanks. I need to refine it, and study a bit more of shadows and lighting; but it's only a matter of time before I take this technique and use it in my pony arts too =D