Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns - release date

Fallen Valkyrie

Today expansion for Guild Wars 2 called Heart of Thorns was given release date,and release is just around the corner:

11951454_10153235724344209_5086507864177

And I seen lot of negativity about this,and so I was wondering to hear actual people opinions about this expansion :)

To my this is great news,with this expansion guild war 2 will reach thet point thet they aimed at release of core game.And will open up space for lot more specialization (upgrade to main class) thet they can drop in game with feature patch (I believe they are evry 6-8 months).Also we will finaly get raids and guild halls :)

GW2 desperately needs this.

I pre-ordered GW2 because I really liked GW1, but in 2 they kind of abandoned everything that made 1 interesting and never replaced it. To this day I consider GW1 a better game.

The party mechanics never really worked out--they don't have any kind of holy trinity or even pseudo-trinity like they do in 1, you just kind of flail around with everyone as a DPS and dodge constantly, which isn't a very interactive mechanic.

Then the end-game was never really fleshed out either--the design of most dungeons is so terrible that people almost never run them, and when they do they work out ways to avoid having to fight because the fights are awful.

Even the single-player content has problems, especially if you want achievements.

ETA: Also, finally getting guild halls in a game called Guild Wars . . .

Edited by Lagrangian
  • Brohoof 1