Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

PVL and Equestria Daily Proudly Announce a New Gaming Community,...

Ponyville Live!

sig-4056199.tumblr_ntv019VPb91s54imwo1_500.png

PVL and Equestria Daily Proudly Announce a New Gaming Community, Friendship is Gaming:

Today, after weeks of testing and fine-tuning, we’re proud to introduce you to our newest project: a gaming community, built in collaboration with Equestria Daily, called Friendship is Gaming.

As many of you may know, the brony community has a special love of Team Fortress 2, and has always had several choices of pony-friendly servers to visit. When the retirement of Pony Fortress 2 was announced to be later this year, the teams at Ponyville Live and Equestria Daily agreed that we needed to keep the “vanilla” TF2 experience alive for the fandom, while building a great community experience that everypony would enjoy.

Although our team is starting with Team Fortress 2, we’re very actively planning on branching out to include other games that bronies love to play. If you have a game you would love to see included, let us know!

Today, we have three TF2 servers you can join and play right now:

All three servers include add-ons that help make the experience of playing smoother, while not impacting the actual base gameplay at all. These addons include map voting, random crit voting, “saysounds” (sound effects from the show that can be triggered by players), and more.

Our very favorite add-on, though, is definitely the Pony Radio plugin, which allows you to listen to every Ponyville Live! station right inside TF2. That’s right, just type !radio into your chat, and you’ll see a list of all of the PVL radio stations. Pick one and it’ll start playing right in the background of the game. You can change the volume with !vol, and turn the radio off with !radiooff. Any time a song changes, it’ll let you know right in the game’s chat window. Pretty cool, huh? We think so!

The servers are open right now, so click the links above and get to playing! Also, don’t forget to visit the Friendship is Gaming forums over at friendshipisgaming.com.

A special thank-you goes out to @WeAreBorgPony for coordinating these new servers and getting everything working. If you enjoy the server and want to help keep it running, you can also donate to the Friendship is Gaming Patreon and get fun perks in-game!

View the full article

• Brohoof 1

Ponyville Live and Equestria Daily? What an awesome collaboration! It's really neat to see two totally separate websites and sections of the fandom come together like this.

I look forward to joining in on all the fun! It would be cool if there were organized tournaments or something...

• Brohoof 1

Feels like brony based gaming seems to focus on a select few games such as Minecraft and TF2. Sad, would really like more communities focused around a broader set of games that I actually play still. I saw this title and got excited that maybe they had set up a site for gaming in general so I could find more friends on PSN or something, but then when I clicked it was another TF2 server.

Not trying to be a negative nancy, but it is kind of disappointing that basically the community only  really seems to care about a handful of games.