Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever / would you ever dye your hair?

Mothra

Have you ever wanted to have a different hair color? I went from blond, to brown, to blue, to red, and now black (but I really want to go back to red. And I don't mean ginger, I mean like Mario's hat red)

Got any stories or any interest to do with hair dye? I sprayed a classmates hair blue with my temporary blue dye once, looking back, I'm surprised I didn't get into trouble for it.

Edited by Mothra
  • Brohoof 6

I've always wanted to dye my hair, but I'm too much of a lame-o to do it. I don't want my natural hair color to mess up. Once you dye your hair, your hair is never really the same. Problem two is that I don't think any color that's cool (lavender, pale blue, pink, dark red, etc) work with my body. So that sort of blows.

Not really. I am really happy with my black hair. I don't think that blonde, red or an other color would fits to me.

Ok, for a costume, I would dye, but otherwise not.

Edited by IronM17

I've had my hair "mario hat red"  :P for a little over a year now. I have to redye it around every 2 and a half months, but I love it.

The effect it has on people stopping you and commenting or petting your head a little is good practice if you're a little shy, in my opinion. People end up remembering you very easily, as well, which can be a good or a bad thing.  :lol:

Red never comes out, though. I'll never be back to blonde without a major haircut and a killer "bad roots" phase.  -_-

• Brohoof 1

When I was a kid, I had my mom dye my hair green and cut it into a Mohawk. I only did it because my dad said he didn't like unnatural hair colors, but I grew to like it. Also, I dyed my hair red just last year, but my hair started growing back; brown and red is an ugly match on me, so I cut it.

My hair has been just about every color of the rainbow. It's blonde right now, a bit lighter than my natural color, not much though. My natural color takes color really well (except black), so I don't need to bleach it to get really vibrant colors.

Because of the length my hair is right now, I'm unwilling to change the color. It would take 3 containers of dye to get it all.

• Brohoof 2

I've dyed it to red, I've dyed it to pink, and I've dyed it to purple before. Natural colors look super boring to me so I like switching around to the unnatural colors every now and again. It never really turns out the right shade though which is the only reason I seem to switch between colors so much. My current color is black despite how dull/boring it looks.

Edited by Wheatley

I love my hair color being black. I would never change that.

If my hair greys too fast, I'll certainly try to keep it black, though... And there are signs of that happening. Yeah, at my age (not even 30). *cries*

Hmm... I like my hair as is, but I might dye it one day! However, with my skin tone, most colours I like wouldn't quite work out.

more importantly who's bothered with all that maintenance damn

I actually am considering dyeing my hair at some point. I was thinking of dyeing it black with blue highlights. Might be kinda costly thanks to the highlights but I think it would be absolutely wonderful. I would look pretty. :3 

• Brohoof 2

I used to have a really odd hairstyle I liked to call "the Crest". I would die the front half of my hair blonde, leave the back half brown, and stand the front of my hair up with Spike-It Gel. I might do that again someday, but not right now, I like my crew cut too much.

As a kid I used to have some really bright blue in my hair, and I wouldn't do that again, because I got some really negative things associated with unnatural-colored hair in middle school.

I have never dyed my hair and don't really want to. I have a naturally amber colour than everyone else seems to want. They always point it out to the point where I literally want to just snap and break my normally quiet girl persona and flip everybody off...