Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open [RP] The Blackwater Quarry

Randimaxis

@@Randimaxis,

Ziggy were still not okay with things, but at least they were letting him go from the chair now. Though they hadn't let go of the bindings around his wings.

If it had just been rope there were a good chance that it could just have slipped off easy and she could've stormed over and done that like a breeze. Unfortunately, what instead were tying his little wings down were the roll of gauze that she had unwittingly provided, and it wasn't an easy thing to get off without potentially causing him harm, and she wouldn't be responsible to bringing harm to a foal.

Writing behind her ear to not lend out a roll again another time without details about what it were going to be used for, Ziggy moved a little to the side and stepping closer to Oglevy, her eyes shifting between the foreponies and the little troublemaker that were - in lack of a better term - currently on trial.

"Don't worry Oglevy, honey. Everything will be fine."

It was doubtful that the little one really cared for what she said, and being thankful were out of the question as far as she would think, but it didn't mean that she should let him fend for himself. This were currently three grown ponies against a colt with bound wings, and even though they might have their reasons and had said that they weren't gonna harm Oglevy, the situation weren't changed from the fact that they had still foalnapped him. Something that didn't make her trust everything they said right now. Especially not Redd.

Still, it would be the best if this could just be solved without any spectacle. Oglevy would tell them whatever he were holding back, she would get the gauze off of him and he were free. Whatever would happen after that... She didn't know. She hadn't been in a situation like this before, and she hadn't a clue how the aftermath of these things went on. Badly she suspected, but for now that wasn't important.

No, all that mattered right now was to make sure that nopony harmed Oglevy Blackwater. What came after that would be dealt with when that time came.

• Brohoof 3

@@Randimaxis,

The Quarry- outside the mine

She looked over to him, she shook her head in a disappointed manner. "Taps come back in will ya and stir the soup so the bottom doesn't stick to the cooker." Scarlet assumed that Taps would abide without any fuss considering her previous behavior. Scarlet hoped of out her kitchen and approached her boss? This is my boss or one of them so that's not piss him off or I might not get not only my request I could be back on my way home without a job...Why am I attached to this job?...Damn Blackwaters. 

She got to his side he was snoring like a filly, his snoring was a little cute but she was here for her kitchen. She reached out to him apprehensively trying to be gentle as she woke him but, well actually waking him she really needed to talk about the food quality because it was crap for the lack of a better word. She poked him his side, nudge would be a better word with her hoof. "Um hello? Chuck? Can you wake up please I'd like to talk to you, I belive it to be important." she gave another poke. Please don't be mad at me. 

• Brohoof 2

@Marxyhooves 

"Without question.  Good.  You are hired."

Luther's rare smile had played out, and now he stood there regarding Ivan seriously.

"Three rules.  No stealing.  No fighting.  No laziness.  Plain and simple."

Luther nodded to himself, then turned to face the quarry, still speaking to the Stalliongradi.

"You look strong.  You could mine.  Go find a purple pony with blue knees; his name is Knee Slapper.  He is one of the foreponies.  He can tell you more."

With that, the elder Blackwater began walking toward his opulent home.

"Follow the rules and do a good job; you will be paid well.  Now go."

He made his way up the steps, and into the manor.  Aside from the shrubberies and such, Ivan was now alone.

@Blitz Boom

Oglevy glared at Redd as he was unbound.  Climbing off the chair, he stuck his tongue out at Knee, who just rolled his eyes and grinned.  Turning, he looked over at Ziggy.

"... what, you want a medal?  YOU know whose colt I am; you're the SMART one."

Redd sighed.  "Can it, you cretinous colt!  This isn't the first time you've had this treatment!"

"Yeah, and it's not the first time I've noticed how UGLY you are!"

Knee stepped up between the two before anything more could happen.

"WHOA, there!  Okay, look - you're loose now; where's that explanation?"

Oglevy Blackwater gave a fair stare at all three of them, then sighed as his face fell.  He sat back down in the chair he'd been tied up in not even a minute ago.

"It was me.  I switched the blasting schedules... BUT I DIDN'T MEAN FOR ANYPONY TO GET HURT!"

The two foreponies looked to be in shock from this news.

"Oglevy, Cress and Silver almost-"

"I KNOW, OKAY?  I heard you the FIRST time!  It's just that... well..."  he sighed and looked back down at the floor, "I was hiding in the mine after I'd blasted Beck with a baking soda bomb, and I found some... some Fire Opals."

Redd's eyes lit up.  "Fire Opals?  Here?"

"It's happened before," Knee confirmed, "and the quarry made a killing off 'em."

Oglevy nodded.  "Yeah, well I'd found these and had a special project in mind for them.  As Fire Opals are extremely volatile and dangerous until they're magically treated, I had to find a way to cast the spell that would do so.  While I was working on that, however, the blasting schedule cycled over, and the area they were going to blast would have buried the Opals up again... so, during lunch, I switched the scheduling, so I would have more time..."

"So, to feed your greedy little hooves with gemstones, you put the lives of other workers in dire straits?"

"NO!  Well, not intentionally!  They weren't even supposed to BE there!  I saw the blasting taking place, and I even warned them-"

"That would be who yelled out 'Stop', then."

"Yeah, that was ME... but I swear, I didn't want anypony HURT!  Not THAT badly!"

Knee looked as if he was considering a few things.  He then looked over at the colt and gave him a questioning glance.  "Well, I get it a bit better now, but... Oglevy, your folks are LOADED with bits; why couldn't you have just hired somepony to do the spell?"

"Because, moron - I wanted it to be a surprise!"

"Why all the cloak-and-dagger, eh?"

"Because I..." he blushed a bit, and spoke softer.  

"Because it was going to be a surprise for Mother's birthday, that's why.  Any expenses spent would go through her; she'd know something was up in a hoofbeat.  I wanted the Fire Opals treated so I could give them to Mother for a present."

There was silence for a moment.

"I think we need to let Crescent and Silver know this.  Right away.  Ziggy, look - this is nothing new... in fact, this makes how many times?"

"Six."  Oglevy didn't even look up to respond.

"Yeah - even Oglevy understands we ain't gonna hurt him... please, don't rat us out, Zigs - we'll lose our jobs over it if Luther finds out."

"Yeah, don't rat on them... 'cause then, they'll rat on ME."

"Oh, enough - quiet, you."

"You shut up."

With those half-hearted jibes thrown at each other, Knee, Redd and Oglevy all looked a bit embarrassed by all that had happened.

@Mentis Soliloquy

Taps saluted Scarlet, then made her way into the trailer, intent on stirring.

When Chuck lifted his head, Scarlet could instantly tell that what she'd heard earlier wasn't a snore... but a sob.

Chuck List looked to all the world like he had been crying his eyes out; it looked somewhat surreal on the tough-guy stallion's muzzle - he didn't seem to be the teary-eyed type.  He looked up pitifully, then looked away quickly, as if he was ashamed of his tears.

"Yeah?  Whaddya want?"

Though the reply sounded gruff, his voice cracked a bit when he spoke.

• Brohoof 2

@@Randimaxis,

"Oh...I...Um..." Scarlet back away a little. "It can wait I can just come back later when your...um finished?" He is not in any mood to talk to me about food or unit costs that would be a bad idea to spring it on him right now...I can't belive he's crying I thought he was snoring! I mean why is he crying what could make a full grown stallion cry like a foal, he's... She stopped thinking, it would be better to talk about food later comfort him now and it would make it easier for him to say yes to her request a little emotional manipulation works wonders for achieving one's goals. Males are so much easier to do it with aswell.

She walked back up to him and sat down next to him and put her hoof on one of his and gave him a smile. "A bit for your thoughts, would you like to talk to someone about anything you may need off your chest. My cooking is ready and Taps is helping so I can lend you my ear for a few minuets and my questions can wait they are not as important than cheering up my boss I can't have you crying can we?"

• Brohoof 2

@@Randimaxis, @@cwhip9

As the others seemed to have left, and the brothers were all alone, they looked at each other and smiled deviously. 

"Flam.... we struck the big one. The big one!"

"Indeed we have. Flim Flam Enterprises will shoot up like a rocket star after this... of course with some extra wages". 

They grinned at each other and walked over to their machine. They crawled under it. There seemed to be nothing there, but Flim started searching around with his hooves, touching the machine, until he heard the weak spot. He made a light push and a bit of the machine was removed. A little hatch was revealed. They opened it, and inside, there was a little box that had stashed itself with valuable diamonds. 

"I am sure no one would mind if we borrowed a little bit of extra, just as a precaution, of course

"That I am sure of, brother of mine". 

They both chuckled merrily, after having been so successful. 

"Now, let us get on with the job and deliver our customer more machines". 

"Yes. Best not to keep him waiting. Does not seem like the kind of pony who would really be giving second chances freely". 

Flam took the little box and put it into a bag that he had with him. Flim proceeded to close up the hatch, and then he covered it up with the machine bit.

They crawled back from under the machine and then smiled again at each other.

"Flim Flam Enterprises offers you only the best" they both said in a chorus, and then they left the machine, laughing merrily.  

• Brohoof 4

Two days prior

Copper was upset.  He had the same job to do over and over, and he was getting a little sick of it, which wasn't like him, but he wanted to explore his job suggestions outside of Equestria.  So he told his boss at the Ponyville Mail Service that he would be quitting his job for now, because he wanted to explore what he could do.  It was in the evening and Copper decided to do a little research.  But before he could, he need to sleep, so he got a good night's rest before setting out.

One day prior

Copper got up early in the morning, and searched around for any job openings.  One pony suggested a job at the Blackwater Quarry, and said that he would be a perfect fit for hauling the minecarts there.  Copper was interested, so he asked a few questions about the Blackwaters.  He learned a lot about them, as the pony worked there a year ago.  Copper asked for directions, and the pony gave him a map showing the way to the Quarry.  Copper thanked him, got his special saddlebag, and took off, using his Spin Dash at full power.  Blackwater Quarry, here I come! he thought.

Today

Copper trotted to the front gates of the Blackwater Quarry.  He could tell there was a buzz of activity going on, so he patiently waited for somepony to show up after going through the front gates.  He knew he had to be quick and to the point, as these ponies who run the Quarry, as he learned, don't mess around.  He knew he shouldn't slack off, and he smiled, as he knew this would pose a worthy challenge for him rather than the mailpony work he was used to.

Edited by DwhitetheGamer
  • Brohoof 2

@@Randimaxis,

Ziggy looked between them with doubting eyes, but she seemed to ease up after a little. If this was a common occurrence and nopony had gotten hurt so far, it Could be seen as a game - albeit one she thought were a bit out there - and those things were okay... Right? Honestly this was starting to look like one of those moral grey areas she had heard so much about.

"Well... I probably should... But if Oglevy says it's okay I'll keep it to myself."

She bit her lip a bit whilst saying that, but the fact of the matter remained that Oglevy were the boss' foal, and that did give him some authority no matter how you looked at it. If he said not to tell, and if he were not hurt by this, then she should listen to that. Besides, it would be rude if she accidentally ruined a surprise meant for his mother like that. She knew that She for sure didn't want that to happen, though she wouldn't want many things that had transpired about this to have passed to begin with in any case. Dangerous and reckless things that could have gone far worse.

"So... Fire Opals in the mine, huh? Guess it's good timing that Mr. Blackwater got some burn medicine sent here to refill the shelves yesterday then."

Going somewhat awkwardly towards another subject to sorta... Ignore what was going on here, Ziggy started to think about the poor soul that had come to her with a burn yesterday. She had to remember to check up on him later, just in case he needed help with a new gauze, And prepare for what were going to follow, cause when Mr. Blackwater heard that there fore Fire Opals he'd likely get a lot of miners on that so they could safely extract... Uhoh.

A light seem to go up over Ziggy's head and she looked towards the foreponies, increasingly worried what sort of answer she might get.

"Uhm, where exactly Are the Fire Opals in the mine? Cause we have both the Flim Flam's machine and Chuck's group rushing along to cover as much ground as possible right now, and I doubt either is thinking about looking for those sort of things over just pushing forward so they can win..."

She felt like she might know the answer to this question, but she really hoped this were just her paranoia talking and not something that were actually going to be a thing. Otherwise... Oh dear Celestia this could end Very poorly for the mine. And even worse for those working in it.

• Brohoof 3

@@Randimaxis,

"Follow the rules and do a good job; you will be paid well.  Now go."

Ivan simply nodded in reply as his new employer made his way into manor, taking a few moments to collect his thoughts after the intensive and somewhat harrowing interview process.

The rules were fairly simple, even by Ivan's rather high standards of what qualified as such. Don't steal, fight, or be lazy... Ivan could do that.

Wait... That wasn't right...

What he meant was that he could not do those things... Well, he could. But he shouldn't do them... So... He wouldn't... Right?

"Gah!"

Ivan groaned and scratched under his cap in confusion, causing a small avalanche of dust, dirt, dandruff, and other assorted debris to litter the area around where he was standing... This was really difficult! No wonder smarter ponies than he were the boss...

Okay, so, to recap, Ivan concluded that the rules were... The rules were...

The little metaphorical gears of the little metaphorical engine of Ivan's brain could take no further abuse for the time being, and slowly ground to a halt.

"Buck it," Ivan stated bluntly, "I will ask boss pony."

Feeling better now that he had a plan of action, and seeing as this plan corresponded to the instructions he had received Ivan would not have to stop and think of a new one, which was always a plus when pressed for time, Ivan set out to find his new boss...

"What was name?" he murmured softly as he set off in the direction of the main part of the quarry.

Damn, another problem.

"Name was... umm... uh... Knee-Something.... Knee-Slapper! Boss pony is Knee-Slapper, da..." Ivan concluded happily, feeling confident that things were definitely looking up, possibly for the first time since he had gotten his medal. Surely, he thought, nothing could spoil his good mood.

- Some time later -

@@Randimaxis, @@Blitz Boom,

Ivan's good mood was thoroughly spoiled!

Seriously! How hard could it be to find the boss?!

But no matter who Ivan asked, nopony seemed to have any idea where this forepony, Knee-Slapper, was. What was worse, nopony seemed to have any idea where any forpony was! This other pony, Red Handid was also nowhere to be found.

How could Ivan get to work if there was no boss pony to tell Ivan what to do? Ivan was rapidly reaching the end of his wits. Everypony he asked had either no idea, or, if Ivan pressed the issue, suddenly remembered seeing them on the far side of the quarry. Then Ivan would get there and somepony else would tell Ivan that he had seen them all the way back the other side again!

If Ivan didn't know better, he'd almost suspect that the other ponies had absolutely no idea where the two foreponies were at all... It was odd though, everywhere they thought Ivan should look was always the farthest point away from wherever the pony Ivan was asking happened to be at the time. 

After the third or fourth time, Ivan was starting to become suspicious... Not that he was entirely sure what he was suspicious of... Something just smelled off about the whole situation, and for once it had nothing to do with something he had stuffed in his pockets to eat at some unspecified future time.

Sighing as he approached the shack, preparing himself to be sent trekking clear off to the other side of the quarry again, Ivan slowly came to a halt... He could hear something... Voices! Coming from inside the shack.

'Ah-hah! Now I've found them! Finally, I can get to work.' Ivan thought as he trotted up towards the door.

Yes, those were definitely voices, taking a moment to straighten his uniform, Ivan brought his hoof up to the door and knocked... and waited...

"No reply..." Ivan grumbled. He'd looked everywhere else, they absolutely had to be in there! This really was unacceptable; he'd been wandering around looking for these ponies, were they trying to ignore him? No, no, they just must not have heard him, Ivan decided. Better knock again, louder this time...

-THUD-

-THUD-

-THUD-

"KNEE-SLAPPER!" Ivan bellowed, the volume making his Stalliongradi accent come through all the stronger. You'd think these ponies were all deaf or something... he was practically knocking the door off it's hinges...

'Hang on a moment,' a thought suddenly occurred to Ivan, 'This is quarry. Quarry is loud. Loud noises make ponies hard of hearing...' Ivan slowly deduced, 'In that case, better knock and shout as loudly as possible...'

"MY NAME,"

-THUD-

"IS IVAN,"

-THUD-

"DURAKOVICH"

-THUD-

"PONIHUIPLET!"

-THUD-

"Mister Luther Blackwater has sent me to be having words with you!" Ivan shouted at the absolute top of his lungs; he honestly wasn't sure how long he could keep this up and he would probably be a little horse afterwards...

-THUD-

"I know you are in there!"

Ivan was, however, nothing if not a very, very, persistent pony...

-THUD-

"I CAN HEAR YOU!"

-THUD-

"EVERYPONY IS COMING OUT? THEN WE HAVE FRIENDLY CHAT, DA!?!"

-THUD-

'Honestly,' thought Ivan, 'These ponies had better be pleased to see me after all of the trouble I've been through to find them.'

-THUD-

It of course never even remotely occurred to Ivan that his overtures of friendly conversation and considerate decision to knock rather than just barging in or eavesdropping could be taken in any other way than he had meant them. Admittedly, Ivan perhaps sounded a little out of sorts, but it had been a trying day...

It wasn't like all these ponies were all huddled up in this shack plotting some conspiracy during the middle of the work-day... Right?

Edited by Marxyhooves
  • Brohoof 3

@Mentis Soliloquy 

"I wazza contendah... a real contendah... an' now, I'm just M-U-Dmud."

Chuck was covered in mine dust; twin dirt streaks ran down his muzzle from his tears, and he looked absolutely pitiful.  That being said, he also didn't look like the kind to weep about things.. though she didn't know him from Mr. Ed, so she had no information to go on, as far as that went.  However, he had obvious muscle - this wasn't a soft stallion.  His hooves still wore miners' shoes, but the hooves under them looked like the kind of hooves you'd see on a near-middle-aged miner like Chuck List.

He looked at the ground, not wanting to make any sort of eye contact, yet he didn't put his head back down, either.

"Yeah... yeah, food sounz good... might as well havva las' meal, right?  B'fore I'm put ta pashtya..."

He just sat there for a moment... then, he looked to Scarlet, as if actually seeing her for the first time.  He didn't seem to be in a properly appraising mood at the moment.

"Yer nice ta say somethin'... t'anks fer dat.  Yer a-... say, you gotta be da new one, huh?  Ain't seen yuz yet... sorry ya gotta catch me like dis an' all..."

He seemed like an all right sort; he was simply down on his luck, apparently.

@Blitz Boom 

Oglevy looked at Ziggy for a moment with skepticism... then, as he considered it, with a slowly dawning dread.

"They're in an offshoot of Tunnel 17... horsefeathers, that's-"

Redd finished the thought. "Directly OVER where the contest is taking place?  Seriously!?"

Knee facehoofed himself.  "Aw, fan-TAS-tic!  We've gotta get over there, and PRONTO - before the ceiling-"

@Marxyhooves 

-THUD-... -THUD-... -THUD-...

Slapper froze.  So did Redd and Oglevy.

"KNEE-SLAPPER!"

Slapper's eyebrows went up.

"MY NAME,"

-THUD-

"IS IVAN,"

-THUD-

"DURAKOVICH"

-THUD-

"PONIHUIPLET!"

-THUD-

"Mister Luther Blackwater has sent me to be having words with you!"

Knee Slapper's eyes went huge, and his pupils shrank to almost microscopic size.  "... he found out!?  ALREADY!?!?"

-THUD-

"I know you are in there!"

-THUD-

"I CAN HEAR YOU!"

-THUD-

"EVERYPONY IS COMING OUT? THEN WE HAVE FRIENDLY CHAT, DA!?!"

-THUD-

"... ohdearsweetCelestiahehiredanenforcerohpleaseyougottahidemeohcrapcrapcrapcrapKUH-RAP!"

Knee Slapper looked about five seconds from a total meltdown; he was shaking like a leaf, and his horn was glowing slightly.  Oglevy didn't look much better.  Redd seemed to be annoyed at the developments, yet grew a bit worried-looking as Slapper mentioned a hired enforcer.

-THUD-

"This... can't be good."

@DwhitetheGamer

Strange...

The quarry appeared to be mostly abandoned.  Since going in through the front gates, Copper hadn't met another pony yet.  Were they all on break?  The lunch whistle's shrill note had been heard for a mile around the quarry; chances were fairly good that he'd heard it.

That still didn't make sense, as there would be ponies around the lunch trai- AH-HA!

Sitting at a bench were two ponies; one was a stallion that looked like someone had just lost their best friend, and the other was a mare who seemed to be trying to comfort him.

Well, perhaps it wasn't the most opportune of situations, but it was somepony else, finally!  He could just stroll right over there and-

-THUD-

What was that?

Over by the double row of storage sheds in front of the enormous boulder, Copper could see another pony, thumping his hoof on a door.  He seemed to be all business, and was yelling something - it was a bit low and gruff for Copper to make out from here.

Well, he finally found somepony - now all he had to do was decide which one to approach...

@JonasDarkmane 

It was about this point where the Flim Flam Brothers were just starting to make their way out of the cavern proper... when suddenly, there was a shrill scream from somewhere behind them.  Then, all of a sudden...

>CRACK!<

The ceiling in front of them broke open, and a ribbon of scalding, searing magma dropped down from above, landing a number of feet in front of them and blocking the opening to the cavern!  This was REALLY bad - the only safe direction to go was back towards the staging area, where the machine and the minecarts had been left behind.  Worse yet, the support beams began to catch fire... if they weren't extinguished, the entire section of tunnel could collapse if the beams gave out.

Profit or no profit, this scheme was going up in flames!

• Brohoof 3

@@Randimaxis

The brothers not being used to putting themselves in such a harm way, looked at each other with worrying looks. 

"Well, I believe we are in a slight of a pickle". 

"Indeed we are. What do we do now?". 

They kept looking at each other for a while, not speaking, until when they thought about what to do next, in unison. 

"HEEEEEELP!!!!!!"

They ran back to their machine, as the magma started to spread. They climbed on top of their machine. It was the safest place, as even the machine was built to withstand some sears of magma. However, they knew that the machine could only hold out for a limited time, as it was built to only withstand a few showers of magma, that the machine would hopefully brush off. 

The brothers had frightened looks in their eyes. They were used to being sometimes chased off by angry mobs that either were unhappy with their products or for having discovered their "extra wages" that they made off from either deals or other ponies. But this, this was entirely different for them. For them, this was actual danger. 

Flim took off his hat and closed his eyes. 

"It was a pleasure knowing you, dear brother". 

Flam took off his hat as well and closed his eyes. 

"Likewise, my loving brother". 

Was this the end for the Flim Flam brothers? Would they die there and then?

• Brohoof 3

@@Randimaxis@@JonasDarkmane,

Copper saw two ponies who looked like they were talking to each other, one being a mare and the other a stallion.  He looked around and saw another pony, who he assumed to be a colt, pounding on something and seeming like yelling his lungs off.  Shrugging, he started to approached the two ponies when...

He felt it.

Somepony was in danger.

He suddenly stopped dead in his tracks, his eyes widened in shock and rage.  Once somepony saw that, they know something terrible went down.  He scanned the area, then took off in the direction of a cave, yelling his own lungs off.

"SOMEPONY IS IN DANGER!"

He reached the cave, and inside, found lava pouring out.  He took steps back, looking at the machines, to find two ponies who look like they're about to give up.  He just couldn't let that.  Outside the cave, if anypony were there, he screamed:

"Two ponies are trapped inside the cave with lava spewing out!  Help me help them!"

He searched frantically around for a fire extinguisher, but he knew it could only do so much.  He took one, went back to the cave, and started firing at the lava.  The lava would manage to cool down just enough for the two ponies to escape to safety if anypony else helped.  Once he realized that, he looked dead straight at the two ponies in question and roared.

"MOVE NOW!  WHILE YOU STILL CAN!"

• Brohoof 2

@@JonasDarkmane,@@Randimaxis@@DwhitetheGamer,

Scarlet was looking at this poor working stallion crying like a foal. "What's so wrong that someone like you I mean you look like a tough stallion what could make you cry?" Scarlet stopped when she heard the shouting and looked to the mine entrance and the others, she got up and looked to Chuck. "Um I think we will need the unicorns or maybe some hoses to stop the fire?!" She did not really think at that time she raced off to the mine entrance...

The Quarry- outside/inside the mine

...Scarlet rushed to the entrance to see another earth pony yelling for help. "We need either to put this..." She actually looks down the mine entrance. "LARVA! How do we put larva out?!" She looks around. "SOMEONE GRAB SOMETHING WITH WATER IN IT!" She looked around for something, anything a hose a fire bucket or something she felt so useless not being a unicorn. "Why could I of been born a Unicorn like my cousin that would of been rather helpful right now or even a pegasi then I could make it rain on the fire what the buck do I do!?" 
Edited by Mentis Soliloquy
  • Brohoof 2

@@Randimaxis,

@@Marxyhooves,

Ziggy looked between the door that were being knocked on rather well by somepony she were prety sure she hadn't heard about in the quarry before, and the group of the others that seemed to get very nervous about this thing. This, and not the whole thing with, y'know, the potential scorching of the entire mine network and everypony in it.

"Oh phoey, this is just silly."

She zoomed over to Slapper and got a grip in his head, forcing him to look into her eyes.

"Ceiling might collapse, remember? You all go take care of that, and I will handle this Ivan pony, alright?"

She didn't wait for a response, she just went over to the door, took a deep breath and put her happy face back on. Then she opened the door, oomed backwards, and then torpedoed straight into Ivan for a big tacklehug that should get him cleared from the doorway. Along with her, granted, but when you rammed into somepony like this it were bound to happen.

She might not have That much weight to her as she still were a pegasus, but that's what the backtracking were for. To give her a few seconds of momentum to add some speed to the proceedings and get Ivan out of the doorway. And distract him at least for a bit, which shouldn't be hard unless he were used to being tackled by somepony he at first wouldn't be able to see right, then when the dust settled and they stopped moving, were faced with a tall half-zebra with her hooves around him in a tight hug. And if he Were used to anything like that, she Really wanted to know where he were from. Even in Las Pegasus that sort weren't normal.

"Hehe, Joys and fun in abundance to you, and hugs so many, though let's start with a few."

Something told her that this pony hadn't really been moved much now that she looked him over and had a good feel of his body build. Not because he was a chubby one, but he just looked Really well built. A uhm... What were it her sister usually called ponies like that... A hunk! Right, that word.

Since she couldn't look around her whilst focused on him it were also possible that she hadn't really been able to do anything but make him stumble a bit where he stood either, but it were hard to tell. Some ponies stood like a right big tree when you went at them after all, even if it were charged. But hopefully she had been able to move him a bit so that the others could pass. Or get his attention at least.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom@Mentis Soliloquy, @DwhitetheGamer, @JonasDarkmane

(To simplify, this is the significant response; the other NPCs involved will do what they'll do - after this post, @Marxyhooves, you're up.)

The yell went out, and the response was immediate.

Chuck List, beaten at his own profession, had been feeling sorry for himself for losing to a machine - in fact, due to the Flim Flam Brothers, he'd felt that perhaps this was a sign... a sign that he should throw in the proverbial towel and retire.  He'd never considered it before; he'd always heard from his father that 'once ya' stop woikin', ya start dyin''.  He'd always believed that phrase, and had been positive he'd be here until the ceiling finally came down on his fool head.

But the Brothers had been right, it seemed... there might still be some use for him, but it obviously wasn't here anymore.

He'd been one of the first twenty-five new workers to be hired onto the quarry's roster after Erasmus Blackwater was sent to prison for embezzling from his own company; Luther had taken over, and fired ALL the employees - he was making sure there was NO WAY WHATSOEVER for "Ol' Razzie" to get back in.

Chuck had been Luther's first hire - and only one of six who stayed on after the first year.  Of that original crew, two had retired, one had quit, and two had passed away... which left Chuck List, the Head Forepony for The Blackwater Quarry.

Who right now felt like he was obsolete; he was about to tell Scarlet this, when:

"Two ponies are trapped inside the cave with lava spewing out!  Help me help them!"

At that moment, Scarlet saw Chuck's entire being shift - he was ALL business.

"Get Taps ta get da Doc."  

He spoke seriously and calmly... then, he took off like a bat-pony out of Tartarus, charging directly at the mines.  In passing, he scooped up a loop of rope and slung it over his head and around his neck, never missing a beat as he charged into the cavern.

Getting down to the level he'd just had his defeat in, he saw some pony he didn't know who was keeping an open path using the extinguisher.  He'd managed to cool the magma to look solid enough... but Chuck knew that stepping there would sear the hooves of anypony fool enough to try.  He assumed the pony didn't know - he was simply trying to help.  Chuck made a mental note to thank the kid later.

"MOVE NOW!  WHILE YOU STILL CAN!"

Chuck took that as his cue, and took off like a shot across the semi-cooled magma.

The specially crafted Miner's Horseshoes employed by the Blackwater Quarry are hoof-crafted by Silver Studs, the engineer.  She crafts each one to mathematically sound perfection, each set a work of art... and art that works, too.  They are magically treated to withstand the great impact that the rock-kicking miners make when they strike rock.  Because of this, they are also treated to withstand pressure, and wear, and denting or bending... or heat, such as caused by sparks from repeated strikes.

As Chuck high-stepped across the magma, the miner's shoes began to blacken a bit... but they held, as far as it seemed.  The stallion almost seemed to be demonstrating some strange dance that required as few hooves on the ground as possible; comical, yet surprisingly deft and agile also... Chuck's only focus was Flim and Flam.

He made it to the machine just as the shoes began to glow slightly; he sprung up onto it, tossing the rope's two ends to the brothers.

"Tie yerselves TIGHT!"

He instantly began bounding back down the machine and across the cooled magma once more, reaching the other side, he slung the middle of the rope over a stalagmite, then looped it and pulled it taut.  He then galloped back over to where Copper was standing.

"Hold dat line, kid!"  he told Copper, then he turned back to face the twins.  "Levitate yerselves an' den pull yerselves across on dat rope; I'll help ya down when ya get heeya!"

Most unicorns could levitate, but they weren't capable of actually moving themselves as well; the rope gave them a means of moving without overtaxing their abilities.

"C'MON!"  

Chuck List, who they had defeated in the race and had denounced and belittled to his face, had risked his life to save theirs; sometimes, the term 'nobility' doesn't always refer solely to royalty.

• Brohoof 5

Blitz BoomMentis Soliloquy, DwhitetheGamer, JonasDarkmane, Randimaxis

Of the things Ivan expected when he started knocking on the shed door, and honestly there weren't too many things, what transpired was most certainly not among them. Ivan, as has been said before, was never a pony prone to deep reflection or long term planning. However, one might forgive him for failing to anticipate being knocked flat on his rump in a cloud of dirt and miasma by a white and pink blur, apparently intent on crushing the life out of him...

"Hehe, Joys and fun in abundance to you, and hugs so many, though let's start with a few."

>Ivan.exe has stopped responding.

No, this was most decidedly not what Ivan expected. While Ivan collected his wits, which, seeing as he was not a pony with anything close to an unmanageable abundance of wit in the first place, probably would not take too long, the flying white and pink blur that tackled him might take a moment to reflect on her recent life choices.Specifically, the choices that led to her bodily colliding with the one-pony pestilence blighting the face of Celestia's once bright land. Indeed, ancient myth was not far off when it told of a container in which all the evils of the world were kept, unleashed upon the world due to one mare's fatal curiosity. All it got wrong was the name... What it meant to call this container was "Ivan Durakovich's Uniform"... The unholy contents of which, having now been disturbed by a flying tackle-hug, were about to descend upon the unfortunate mare in question... The poor unsuspecting creature. Truly, it was a fate undeserved by anypony.

Whilst this cloud of dirt, debris and despair descended upon poor Ziggy like a wrathful god... Ivan managed to pull himself together enough to make sense of some of the commotion going on around him. Specifically, something about lava and the mine being on fire...

This immediately struck Ivan as odd...

'Mine is not meant to be full of lava... Nor is it meant to be on fire. Somepony should probably probably bring this state affairs to the attention of the management...'

Further rumination on the subject was interrupted, however, as a cry echoed across the quarry...

Yes, that would certainly have to take priority for the time being it seemed.

"Da... Mine is on fire... MINE IS ON FIRE!" yelled Ivan abruptly standing up, and knocking the pink and white pegasus to the ground.

"Now is no time for hug Flying-Candy-Cane-Mare!" Ivan helpfully pointed out to Ziggy at a somewhat uncomfortable volume, "MINE! IS! ON! FIRE!"

And with that last truncated, although reasonably accurate, appraisal of the situation, Ivan was off galloping as fast as he could in the general direction of the shouting and screaming. Although, he was not sure exactly where...

Still, he had his instructions... Help the blue spiky-maned pony with the fire extinguisher help the other two ponies trapped in the cave with the lava... Now all Ivan needed was a plan...

This could take a while...

Well it might have, had not a brown earth pony mare helpfully provided Ivan with further instruction...

"SOMEONE GRAB SOMETHING WITH WATER IN IT!"

"DA! DA! IVAN WILL GRAB THING WITH WATER!" Ivan called in reply, charging blindly around trying desperately to think of something he could do that would be remotely useful at this juncture.

Ivan would no doubt have to use his head for this...

-THUD-

And promptly did exactly that, in the most literal of ways as he proceeded to run head-first into a large wooden support beam. Having now, for the second time in as many minutes, been knocked flat on his rump, Ivan took a moment to look around.

He was uphill from the entrance to the mine, right next to the Gem Refinery as it so happened. This, however, was not what caught Ivan's attention. What preoccupied Ivan was the rather large water tower immediately adjacent to it. As Ivan stared up it, a number of thoughts occurred to him at, by Ivan's standards one understands, what was truly breakneck speed.

'The mine full of lava... Lava is like... Really big fire... Fires are put out with water. It is a big fire. A big fire needs a lot of water. Water tower uphill from the mine entrance. Water towers have lots of water... Da... I will open the water tower...'

Truly it was a brilliant plan, and Ivan could not help but mentally congratulate himself as he rapidly scrambled to the top of the tower, opened the spigot, and watched the water begin to pour out... rather slowly pour out, as it so happened... Too slowly, Ivan reflected as he watched the comparative trickle make its way down hill toward the mine.

'Is not good... Water is needing to be faster to put out fire... Water tower is needing bigger hole...'

A larger whole which Ivan proceeded to provide by bucking the spigot as hard as he could, sending it flying, and creating a large jagged hole in the tower where it had been.

'Da... Is better... Water is pouring faster... This is good plan...'

-CRACK-

Ivan's ears fell flat against his head as, behind where he was currently standing on the top of the tower, a myriad of cracks began spreading at an alarming rate around the whole he had just kicked, accompanied by an ominous groaning.

Ivan sighed.

The water tower, despite many years fateful service to the Blackwater family, could only stand so much abuse. Being head-butted and then having a hole kicked in it by a large Stalliongradi pony was more than it could take. Thus, without further ceremony, it proceeded to collapse directly onto the adjacent Gem Refinery.

"Da... Is going to be bad day..." murmured Ivan simply, resigning himself to his fate, as the narrow platform he was perched on came apart around him and he was picked up by a raging torrent of water from behind him, "Bad day... Bad Day-Bad Day-Bad Day-Bad Day-Bad Day-BAD DAY!"

Ivan's shouting devolved into a scream as he was carried downhill at the head of a minor tidal wave towards the mine. Hopefully, Ivan's frantic scream and the overpowering roar of oncoming water would give anypony hesitating the chance to jump out of the way.

There was, unfortunately, a slight flaw in Ivan's plan... Aside from the water tower collapsing that is. While no doubt effective in cooling down the lava and turning it to stone, and thus preventing the mine shaft from collapsing, the water itself would not remain unaffected in this process. Indeed, while the lava cooled, the water would become hot. Very hot. So hot, in fact, that it would instantly turn into steam, very very hot steam, as soon as it hit the molten rock. Something Ivan would no doubt soon become excruciatingly well aware of as he bounced off of the Flim Flam Brother's Machine, and was swept down along with it into the mineshaft...

"ORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!"

Screamed Ivan as he descended into the mine and out of sight with the machine, as his yell trailed off and blended into the sound, not unlike a tea-kettle boiling, that the steam made as it shot out of the mine entrance...

Edited by Marxyhooves
  • Brohoof 3

@@Marxyhooves@@Randimaxis@@Mentis Soliloquy@@JonasDarkmane,

Once Copper found out the extinguisher ran out of juice, he put it to the side and thought about what to do next.  He saw, to his surprise, a stallion ran across the semi-cooled lava.  He saw that the pony had special boots on, so he would be fine, for now.  He gave the two stallions on the machine a rope for them to tie themselves up.  Then the other stallion went to Copper's side and gave him a piece of rope.

"Hold dat line, kid!"

Without hesitation, Copper nodded.  "Yes, sir!"  He went to the rope and pulled it with his teeth, straining with the effort.  He could feel his teeth aching with the rope, but he didn't care.  He had a job to do, and he was going to do it.  He kept hold of the rope as tight as he possibly could when...

He heard a gigantic crash.  That didn't sound good.  He let go of the rope and jolted his head towards the entrance to the mine.  He could hear water coming.  That wasn't good.  That would have been the Blackwaters' prided water tower.  His pupils shrank to the size of peas.

"Oh, sweet Celestia.  We're about to be flooded!"

He turned straight to the twin stallions and erupted:

"HURRY UP YOU TWO!  DO YOU WANT TO LIVE?!"

He then grabbed the rope and strained again, hoping the steam wouldn't come before the brothers made it out safely.

Edited by DwhitetheGamer
  • Brohoof 2

The torrential flood poured it's way down into the mine, roaring like a pride of lions as it swept up tools, rope, gems, dirt and one very waterlogged pony into the caverns.

Below, Chuck was trying to coax the brothers across the scalding ground, when that roar permeated the entire cave.  Chuck looked over his shoulder, and saw the flood splashing down the cave's dirt floor and directly towards them.

"Oh... manooah..."

He gave the rope a hard jerk backwards; his goal was to sling the twins back towards Copper - as the blue pony was visibly in a nook that might withstand the onslaught of the oncoming flash flood.

That done, he had just enough time go gulp a lungful of air before he was swept away on the massive ripcurl that thundered over the spot he once stood... and just like that, he was gone.

The water poured into the cavern, and the sharp HSSSSSSSSHHHHT! made by the water almost instantly turning to steam was near deafening.  As Ivan had predicted, however, the magma was supercooled in an instant, and the support beams were safe.  This cave might collapse someday in the future... but not today.

• Brohoof 3

@@Randimaxis,@@DwhitetheGamer, @@Marxyhooves, @@Blitz Boom, @@JonasDarkmane,  

Scarlet was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Then the water came she was not in the right spot on the side of the mine entrance she was picked up by the torrent and smashed into the walls of the entrance, the force of the impact knocked her out cold. She also had serious injuries from the impact of both the water and the mine wall she was in a bad way unconscious and quite a few things broken. She lay there after the torrent her strong body broken by nature her ally she was an earth mare and water nearly killed her.

she lay there barely breathing covered in mud and water her fur and and tail caked in mud a wheeze for a breath it was audibly tell-able that she was in a really bad way. In her mind there was nothing just seeing the water, panic, blackness. There was not dream to comfort her no false imagination for her to be lost in there was but darkness...darkness of death? It may well go that way if she was not seen too very quickly...as she wheezed on the ground...   

• Brohoof 2

@@Marxyhooves,

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

@@Randimaxis,

@@DwhitetheGamer,

@@JonasDarkmane,

"On Fire?!? Meep!"

Ziggy was feeling a little groggy from... She wasn't sure. Something had happened when the dust settled after she had tackled Ivan, but she hadn't time to think about it before the yelling and the screaming and then getting knocked away and... Nononono, she couldn't lie there! She had to do something.

It were a little of course, but she managed to get to the sky and zing towards her office to grab the bag inside the door with the most essential gear, but she barely managed to open the door and get over to it before a sound of things worsening occured behind her. And not just a little, no. Somepony had cracked open the watertower and from the sound it were causing as much havoc as the fire.

Who it were she hadn't been able to see, and there wasn't time to think about it either as she grabbed the bag with her teeth, zoomed out of her office and as fast as she could over to the mine where she stopped and looked down, instinctively looking for somepony seriously injured over the many minor ones there would inevitably be in this... Disastrous battlefield, or whatever the quarry had descended into by now.

The screams from the mine chose for her and she hurried down to the entrance after the water had rushed past. It would likely have gone a good way in and she were going to need to hurry to the deeper parts to get to- Wait, were that...

She stopped dead in her tracks and zoomed back a bit where she found a pony half-covered in mud giving off a wheezing breath and looking like she had lost a fight with a brick wall. Who had then fallen upon her. Twice.

"Ohdear, ohdear, ohdear."

Ziggy removed the mud from the head of the pony that she currently couldn't find a name for in her head and stabilised it so that her airways wasn't getting filled with water, then quickly brushed some more away from her body and saw... Well, Many bad things. Like insanely so, with some bones seemingly being broken, at least a few bend, what looked like at least one torn from it's socket that needed to be set again, and the list just went on. Including what she feared were a broken rib that had punctured a lung if the wheezing kept on for much longer, and potentially other kinds of internal bleeding.

"Hang on there, okay? You'll be alright."

Her bag opened and she began to fix what she could right now. Putting pressure on certain wounds, cleaning a few others off before covering them with a quick gauze and patch, etc. Small things, but it were all she could do in here.

Though it pained her to leave the ones who had undoubtedly gotten rushed further in to be for now, she had to pray that they would last until help arrived and focus her effort on the one she had in front of her for now, lest she... No! She would Not let that happen. She had not lost a patient yet, and today wouldn't change that.

Granted, she had almost never had one in as bad shape as this, and she had neither an operating room, nor the experience to perform one completely secure in things. Yet, she knew the base of things and should hopefully be able to perform at least well enough to stabilise this pony long enough for her to get to a proper hospital where they had the facilities to deal with things. But first she had to get her out of here.

"Somepony! I need a unicorn or a stretcher fast!"

She yelled as high as she could, hoping that those outside the nearby entrance would hear here and that somepony would be there fast whilst she kept on doing what she could for this pony. Mainly checking as well as possible if she could feel or see anything showing it were more than broken limbs and a serious concussion to go with here. Such as a cracked spine, or the before-mentioned internal bleeding. Before she knew if either were a reality, she couldn't drag this pony out, but needed the stretcher or unicorn to help transport Scarlet safely and stably to her office.

It would likely be very uncomfortably for Scarlet if she regained her consciousness, not to say downright painful, but she hadn't the time to administer anything that could reduce the pain right now.

• Brohoof 3

@everyone

Cresent nodded his head at silvers response "agreed hopefully we'll" he stop feeling the rumbling of the water entering the cave.

The place was shaking, and for some reason he could hear others blood beats further ahead of them. Then a loud sound of water violently turning to steam, seeing it ahead of them cresent thought out loud.

"wait that's steam, who in the blazes is making" the sound got louder ahead of him with the cave still shaking making cresent loose his footing. nodding at silver the two pony's made there way back through the trail then came in on.  

Once outside the min Cresent saw the army of minors getting swept up into the mine view a giant stream of water "forget the seal c'mon!" with the sound of his bat wings spreading and a mighty sounding flap he flew towards the stream looking for ponies to fish out. spotting one that was having an issue with swimming cresent pulled him up wordlessly.

Now the pony he pulled out was not only afraid of water he was also afriade of hights. So when the minor looked up he saw the bat wings and just about fainted in cresents arms.  

Edited by cwhip9
  • Brohoof 3

@@Blitz Boom,

Scarlet was not long in her void of darkness reality was going to be more cruel to her today at least in the darkness she did not feel any pain of fear or anything really but that would be preferable to when her body decided to betray her now as she was dragged kicking and screaming back into consciousness and the horrific pain she was now to endure.

The first thing she felt was her lungs, or her ribs? every breath, no part of a breath was painful she felt the bones move with each breath she had to take nothing she could do about it. Next was her legs, but that was the thing she could not feel them. This fact alone put the Terror of Nightmare into her, she was a earth pony she had no wings or a horn without her legs she'd be a head with a lumpy body attached to it. She opened her eyes even this small action hurt like it should not, she focused or tried to on the world around her with her one eye the other was in mud, she could tell that the sun blinded her for a moment until she saw a mare above her the light catching her figure she looked like an angel for her position. Sent to take her to the next world?

Scarlet went to speak, it did not work her jaw yet another to add to the list of injuries she had sustained, there were a few things on her mind apart from pain...

1: Live, at all costs!

2: Get better and thank the angel standing above her.

3: Send the one responsible for this to the hospital or the morgue! 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Mentis Soliloquy@Blitz Boom

As Ziggy worked, Taps skidded to a stop next t her.  Her eyes went wide as she looked over Scarlet's broken form... then, a look of hard determination settled on her features.  She suddenly sped off like a shot towards the Pony Express Post.  Not even five minutes later, she returned with a bulge in her satchel.

Taps gently tapped Ziggy on the shoulder, and motioned her to move aside - her eyes were locked on Scarlet, though, and she looked quite different than her usual, chipper self.

She looked SERIOUS.

@cwhip9 

As Crescent retrieved waterlogged ponies from the flood, Silver began gathering others who were hanging onto the walls with her magic, setting them down safely near the cave's exit path.  

"Clear out - the fewer we have in here, the faster we can get the others out.  Go on topside; we're handling this."

She looked over to Crescent.  "This is ridiculous!  Where did all this water come from?"

@Everyone else

From up on the hill, the sound of doors slamming open echoed across the nearby mountain and back.  Standing in the open doorway was Luther Blackwater, a deep and hard frown on his stoic features.

This was HIS quarry... and there was something wrong.  He could just FEEL it, as if his own cutie mark was telling him there was company-threatening trouble going on... and if there was one thing you did NOT mess with, it was the Blackwater Quarry.

Because NOW, they would have Luther to answer to... IN THE HORSEFLESH.  

He began making his way down towards the quarry itself; whatever was going on, it was about to be OVER.

• Brohoof 1

@@Randimaxis @@DwhitetheGamer

The brothers had been saved by Chuck, the pony they had humiliated. The twins looked a bit pale as they were lying on the ground, their faces rather grim. This was the closest they had ever gotten to their own deaths. They shakily got back up, Flam being a bit quicker and moving over to help his sibling up. 

"Well... I can't say that this was not an e---e--experience, b--but... that was awfully close" he said a bit shakily. His brother nodded and added "C--correct. But this shall not stop our endeavor to do better". 

The first thing they did, was inspect the damage around them and whether or not the machine had survived. They walked a bit away from Copper, whom Chuck had slung them to. They spotted the machine, still standing at the same place as before. It looked semi intact, although, a lot of damage to it's hulls could be spotted. However, what caught Flam's eyes was that the panel that hid their secret storage, had popped off and now lay on the ground, revealing to anyone who looked under the truth. Flam poked his brother. 

"I believe we may have a potential problem". 

Flim looked over to where Flam was pointing. A short look of panic flashed across his face.

"If they look under, they will know". 

They both wanted to move over to their machine and patch up the panel to hide their secret storage, but were unsure whether they were safe or not..... safety!!

They realized that they had not gotten themselves out of danger, but had been saved by the old buck they had humiliated. They looked back to where they had originally been lying, before they had gotten up. They saw that Copper had not moved and was still standing where they had left him briefly. They moved closer to him. They were looking around, trying to spot their savior, but could not see him. They both looked at Copper, saying nothing for a minute or two, as neither of them wanted to be the one who asked. After the silence started to become unbearable, Flim spoke up. 

"He's alright.... right?" he looked quite nervously at Copper. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@Randimaxis

Copper saw the water rushing through the cave.  Thankfully he was in a nook where he wouldn't be affected by the flood.  He covered his ears as soon as he heard the steam roar throughout the cave, and possibly the Quarry.  He knew Luther wouldn't be happy about what had happened in the past couple minutes, but he also knew that he would have to be the one to answer to him, because he knew the others who worked here would possibly be too scared to even talk to the boss of the Quarry.

Copper got up from his position and looked at the brothers, a serious expression on his face.  "I'm not sure, but I hope he is.  Now then, I'm gonna answer to Luther about this whole mess."  He started for the way he went in, but then he stopped, facing the brothers.  "Oh, yeah.  I'm Copper Strikes, and the reason I know Luther is because somepony who used to work here a year ago led me here."

He walked out of the cave and looked around the Quarry.  Anypony who saw his face would see the determined look on him.  He was about to scream Luther's name when he saw the older stallion make a beeline for the Quarry.  At that moment, Copper's eyes were dead-locked on him, in a determined fashion.

Edited by DwhitetheGamer
  • Brohoof 2

@@Randimaxis,

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

Ziggy were relieved when she saw the eyes of the mare open. She were likely not feeling good, but... She seemed to focus on things well all things considered and wasn't screaming, though that last part could also have something to do with the jaw... Well, she didn't gurgle in pain either, so there were that.

It were possible that nothing were as wrong as she had feared... Or it could be that a mixture of temporary numbness, her body trying to stay on and adrenaline were jumping her system and dulled the pain. Whilst she didn't Want to think it were this, as a doctor she couldn't really rule out that this were highly likely.

She were still worrying and working on her patient as best she could as somepony tapped her on the shoulder and she looked up briefly to see Taps, standing there with a look in hr eyes Ziggy wasn't used to. A serious look.

Good, she were going to need everypony to take things seriously right now.

Reluctantly she moved a bit to the side, but she didn't stop her work on her current patching on the mare lying on the ground. The steps she were taking were to get her more prepared for transportation in a way that would not make her bleed out of something similar if anypony tried to move her.

"Just a second..."

It took a few more seconds, but Ziggy managed to seal up the patch she had been working on fast enough and walked a little around so Taps could get closer without her moving away from the poor mare's side, though she didn't stop looking worried at her patient. It still didn't look too good, but they should at least be able to get her out now if they were careful, which would help a lot on potential ways to treat the mare.

Though it would have been better if Taps had come back with a stretcher that they could then use to transport her with. Whatever she had with her right now... Well, she couldn't see it, so she couldn't be sure, but she didn't care much either as long as it were something that could help, and didn't include Taps trying to interfere with the treatment of her patient.

• Brohoof 2