Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Changeling (A Print-n-Play game) (Update Ready To Play!)

Dawn Stripes

Hi, everypony! Got a treat for you this time. After more than a year of development, we're proud to announce:

Logo.png

A My Little Pony Print-N-Play board game.

Changeling is a hidden identity game which holds 5-12 players and finishes in less than an hour.  In it, you either play an undercover Changeling attempting to sabotage episodes of My Little Pony, or a citizen of Ponyville using teamwork to overcome their nefarious plot.

If you've ever played Resistance or Avalon, then you'll recognize some of the game mechanics. Changeling adds another layer by letting you call on the unique talents of dozens of different MLP characters. Rainbow Dash lets you take multiple actions; Rarity lets you give cards to other players; Doctor Whooves lets you travel back in time to a previous episode!

This makes the game a bit more 'Brony-ish', in that it gives everyone something to do, even if they aren't invited on the 'misison'. It also makes the game a bit less harsh--if you're found out as a Changeling, there's still a lot you can do to wreak havoc.

Like Shipfic, it's a great game to break out at meetups and conventions (or just parties). We do hope you'll give it a whirl, and we very much hope you enjoy it when you do. If you had fun, tell us! And then spread the word.

Link to the PDF Version

Link to the .docx Version

Edited by Dawn Stripes
  • Brohoof 3

is the maud pie card accidently or purposely blank x3

but I want dis game :o it sounds really interesting.

Edited by KrazyDashie

(edited)

is the maud pie card accidently or purposely blank x3

but I want dis game :o it sounds really interesting.

"Oh, you were expecting some rules text here? That's not the way I boulder." ~Maud

Edited by Dawn Stripes
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Hey, guys! Sorry it's been a bit. We got more playtesting done recently, and are in the phase of tweaking things for balance. Once I get past this next midterm I should be able to start putting together a nice-looking rulebook.

In the meantime, have another sheet of cards. This one, in addition to some swag unicorns, displays the three special Alicorn cards. Alicorns override the normal conditions for success or failure on an episode, and a player holding an Alicorn in their hand has to use it.

As a pony, you can send Celestia to your fellow ponies to save an Episode that's going down the tank. Or, as a Changeling, you could sneak Chrysalis into a Pony's hand and force them to do your dirty work for you. But be careful! If the other team guesses what you're up to, they can make you pay dearly for it.

UnicornSheet7.png

Edited by Dawn Stripes

• 2 weeks later...

Splendiferous news! The game is ready! Scroll up to the top of the page for links to the rulebook and peices.

So, yeah, what do you guys think? We're going to try and submit to EQD here shortly. With any luck, they can help me put this out there. But I guess you guys get the first look.