Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Games you used to play that you no longer have access to?

gamecubeguy214

I've really wanted to play the first 2 pokemon ranger games again for a little over a year now. I used to have them, but I just havent got the funds to get them again right now :/

The original Zoo Tycoon. I. CRAVE. IT SO MUCH. :scoots: I bought Zoo Tycoon 2 a while ago and it really isn't living up to my hopes at all.

I might borrow the original from a library I saw it in sometime and try wether it works on my laptop, but right now I should be doing different things than playing zoo simulators anyway.

Also, the first Kirby game. Emulators don't cut it but my old Gameboy is... well, old and in not the mintest condition. I'm not sure I wanna try calling it from the dead.

EDIT: Read the last few comments. SPORE. UGH. An ex-friend lent me his disc to install it on my old laptop, which is broken, so no more Spore for me.

Edited by Lamniform

I used to own a copy of Chex-Quest from yesteryear, when they still put cool prizes in cereal boxes.

Please note that I found the four year old unopened box of Chex in the back of the pantry when I was about 6.

Despite the cereal being very old, it still tasted alright. 

Chex_Quest-front_cover.png

Edited by DATA EXPUNGED

Sadly my PS2 can't hook up to my monitor, so alas I am unable to play some of my favourite games of all time, including Ratchet and Clank 2 and 3, Star Wars Battlefront and so classic PS1 titles such as Driver... The nostalgia ;_;

• 3 years later...

Back in the old days of  browser games in 2015 and earlier I used to play the game zombie pandemic

zp_screenshot00.jpg

I guess you could say it's bankrupt itself because now the game cannot be played.

• 2 months later...

Many Nintendo game on Gamecube that didn't get Remaster/Remakes.

(Wind Waker and Luigi's Mansion got remastered many years later on Wii U and 3DS respectively. And we got Fighters and Stages from Melee brought back for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on Switch)

On 8/31/2015 at 2:39 PM, Ben the Brony said:

Oof. This is a tough one, actually. Nowadays, you can get an Emulator and a ROM for just about any Nintendo System, and some for other assorted systems. I can't think of any games that I can't find any more, as we have Used Game Stores, which often times carry games you can't find any more. As far as PC Games go, A simple Google search will often times turn up something Useful. I think the hardest game for me to find was an old Top-Down Puzzle game called "Chip's Challenge". It came with the "Windows Entertainment Pack" and "Best of Windows Entertainment Pack" from the 3.1/95/98/2000/ME era of Windows OS.

Although it's not difficult to get access to a copy of the game they you played back in the day, its not being able to play it as it was.

The wonder of the early 80's as you sit and watch the tape counter click away as the tape whined, shrieked and beeped away at you as it loaded, hoping to see a game rather than "R Tape Loading Error"

As I sold my Speccy when i first got a PC, the above is something i don't have.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, quite a lot actually. There used to be a website called Horseland which was based off a TV show but it no longer exists, I think I had some Dora The Explorer game I loved playing, I had something with 101 dalmatians I can't remember, some Lion King game, I had a Barbie PC game called Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus which I remember loving and I'm sure there's others.

Hard Truck 2, well the US version. When you outrun the cops they send military choppers after you to trash your truck, then they still have the stones to ticket you too.

Far as I know it works on no OS beyond Windows XP. Lost the CD in a move around 8 years back so no way to check myself.

I'd say I would kill for a remaster of it and the original game, but I doubt Softlab-NSK would be the developers this time around so it'd probably turn out to be a dud. Well, that or SCS would do it and we'd just end up with another relaxing if weirdly irritating quasi-simulator.

There was an online game I used to play as a kid called Bouldermania. I remember liking it, though it's been ages since I played it. It doesn't seem to be available anymore (though I'm pretty sure there are similar games with slight differences). All I can find now is this tiny screenshot – somehow I remember it looking a lot better than that. :please:

Boulder_Mania_small.jpg

I also remember a few other online games over the years that are no longer available, such as Big Fat Awesome House Party (a Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends game) and a Moomin fishing game, but this one is especially nostalgic, as it might have been the first game I played online after we got a computer (before I really got into gaming in general).

Probably not the best games there are, but these are the ones that are genuinely lost to me – I have a lot of games I haven't played in years, but for most, I still have the cartridges/discs and the system I played them on, so I could get back to them if I really wanted to...

• Brohoof 3

There was this one game called sky dragons or something. I remember never being able to beat it, but I can't actually find it online so I've not been able to go back and play it ;(

Some games I used to play that I no longer have are:

- The Mario Party series
- Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Super Mario 64
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories
- Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelist of the Roses
- Jak 3
- Jak X: Combat Racing
- Pokemon Black and White

I remember playing a lot of these games on consoles or game emulators in high school. Unfortunately, I don't have the game emulator's, as well as the consoles. I think my dad had put some of the old consoles in the basement, but I don't know exactly where they are. That, or I remember selling the games and consoles many years ago. It would be pretty cool to play some classic games again.