Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain

Steve Piranha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9JV0EvCkMI

In a few hours left, this fantastic looking game will be launched at stores, and we'll be able to play it  :yay: . I'll buy it in a week later, during my occasional shopping spree, alongside a new PS3 because my old one got messed due to heat (I need a fan too). I might buy an used Ground Zeroes, if those transferables extras are worth it, like our own gekko  :squee:

• Brohoof 2

I'm gonna get stuck getting the 360 version :P. Even then it's not like I have the money to put down for it at the moment so I'm kinda stuck :(

Getting it today on PS4. Actually yesterday but because it came while at work and couldnt bring me it, they had to give it to the post station and because reasons I only can get it there then today. I was so pissed off but today I am finally getting it! :love:

I have acquired this game! :D Haven't played it yet though. The excitement for me was too much to wait on purchasing it but I want to wait until I can stream it to play it. :) My one issue with the game out of the gate though, is Konami's devotion to making sure that Kojima is not credited at all for it. That is the one thing that bothers me right now, but I know the game will be amazing. :3

• Brohoof 1

I was kind of hesitant to buy the game immediately, since it was 75 dollars. Reluctatnly, I purchased the game anyway, and I now realized I've made a grave mistake; I ran the game for a few hours, and I now can't stop playing. Help me!

• Brohoof 1

I was kind of hesitant to buy the game immediately, since it was 75 dollars. Reluctatnly, I purchased the game anyway, and I now realized I've made a grave mistake; I ran the game for a few hours, and I now can't stop playing. Help me!

Big Boss cannot help you.

• Brohoof 2

i pre-ordered it the day before it released and ended up getting a day 1 edition without even knowing XD but the game i was on it all day without spoiling anything the introduction to it really sets the tone that this is a game about war but it also hints at a bigger plot at play. after that the game becomes even more engaging thanks to how its like you are tackling missions in the way you see fit.

stealth, guns blazing, shooting and making distractions while sneaking etc, its a very VERY engaging game. mother base is awesome as well and you can customize many parts of your gear and even the color of things and make a custom emblem. the story i cant say much on so far but its got that signature metal gear absurdness with it to make it  that dramatic soap opera kind of series we all know and love.

also ocelot in this game is so smexy, mmm. <3

i pre-ordered it the day before it released and ended up getting a day 1 edition without even knowing XD but the game i was on it all day without spoiling anything the introduction to it really sets the tone that this is a game about war but it also hints at a bigger plot at play. after that the game becomes even more engaging thanks to how its like you are tackling missions in the way you see fit.

stealth, guns blazing, shooting and making distractions while sneaking etc, its a very VERY engaging game. mother base is awesome as well and you can customize many parts of your gear and even the color of things and make a custom emblem. the story i cant say much on so far but its got that signature metal gear absurdness with it to make it  that dramatic soap opera kind of series we all know and love.

also ocelot in this game is so smexy, mmm. <3

That's one of the reasons I really want that game: Mommy Base  :P . One of the reasons I loved Peace Walker, was the option to strenghten your own base, and I thought it couldn't be better, but looks like I was mistaken, as this game's Mother Base is Peace Walker's MB, on steroids  :pinkie:

I can't tell if I should make a separate forum post about this or post it here so...

Should I not get this if I only fully played the fourth one and barely played any of the other ones? I want to get this but I've been hearing that I can't because I haven't played the other games. Also I didn't pre-order it on steam so I didn't get the prologue game that came free with it.

I can't tell if I should make a separate forum post about this or post it here so...

Should I not get this if I only fully played the fourth one and barely played any of the other ones? I want to get this but I've been hearing that I can't because I haven't played the other games. Also I didn't pre-order it on steam so I didn't get the prologue game that came free with it.

Metal Gear Solid is a very story heavy franchise, so it's usually highly recommended to play the other games, at least with MGS1(There's also MG1 and MG2 Solid Snake, though those might be harder to get into). My brother every game but Peace Walker and was still confused when he got into Ground Zeroes. I'd recommend that you play the other games before going into this one, though since this game is part of the Big Boss half of the timeline, I'd say at least play MGS3, Portable Ops, Peace Walker, and Ground Zeroes, before going into MGSV.

Though in the end of the day there's really nothing wrong with playing MGSV without playing the other games

Also the fact that you only played MGS4 completely and are still interested in the series is pretty awesome

Edited by Gattai

Metal Gear Solid is a very story heavy franchise, so it's usually highly recommended to play the other games, at least with MGS1(There's also MG1 and MG2 Solid Snake, though those might be harder to get into). My brother every game but Peace Walker and was still confused when he got into Ground Zeroes. I'd recommend that you play the other games before going into this one, though since this game is part of the Big Boss half of the timeline, I'd say at least play MGS3, Portable Ops, Peace Walker, and Ground Zeroes, before going into MGSV.

Though in the end of the day there's really nothing wrong with playing MGSV without playing the other games

Also the fact that you only played MGS4 completely and are still interested in the series is pretty awesome

Saw your post the day you made it but I didn't know how to respond until now.

If I were to play the games in chronological order, being MGS3 being the first then Peace Walker, etc etc; would that sound like a game plan for me to not be lost? So far I'm playing MGS3 (to the best of my abilities) and so far I'm following what's going on. I'm not like asking for permission or something, I'm just wondering if it's a good idea.

Saw your post the day you made it but I didn't know how to respond until now.

If I were to play the games in chronological order, being MGS3 being the first then Peace Walker, etc etc; would that sound like a game plan for me to not be lost? So far I'm playing MGS3 (to the best of my abilities) and so far I'm following what's going on. I'm not like asking for permission or something, I'm just wondering if it's a good idea.

Your call really. I had plenty of friends who played it chronologically just fine. Most fans just prefer playing the games in release order