Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

adventure The two sides of a crystal

Pucksterv

sig-4060542.untitled_drawing_by_puckster

The Doctor takes Derpy on another adventure through time and space. They go back to the past, before the Discordian Era. At first they spend a lovely time sight seeing the untouched nature but soon discover there is more to this place and time.

Trouble is always guaranteed when traveling with the doctor. Only this time it seems that there is trouble in every corner. Derpy is at the edge of her life while the doctor has no clue what's going on. Will they be able to get out of this one?

Prologue

Small drops of rain fell from the clouds above Ponyville. The ponies around town were rushing inside their house. Other were closing up their shop. Rarity was yelling something about her hair as she ran inside her house. Sweetie Belle walked after her but was not in such a hurry as her sister. Instead she decided to jump into the small puddles of rain that had formed in that small amount of time.

"Sweetie Belle! Would you please come inside quickly? You shouldn't be jumping around like that. You will ruin your beautiful coat!" Rarity yelled, a little upset.

"Jeez! It's just a bit of rain. You never let me have any fun." Sweetie said while rolling her eyes. Rarity was not amused by her reaction and simply gestured to come inside. "Alright, alright. I'm coming!"

She was about to close the door when a Pegasus, grey as the sky above stopped her from doing so. "Hiya Derpy! What are you still doing out here?" Sweetie said curious and excited.

"I have to finish up my rounds.I don't really have much of a choice." Derpy replied. "Anyway, I have some mail for Rarity. Do you think you can give it to her?"

"Sure thing!" Sweetie took the mail out of Derpy's hooves and walked further inside. "Good luck out there!" She yelled cheerfully before she finally closed the door behind her. Derpy replied with a tip of her hat before she wondered of again.

Derpy continued to walk around Ponyville for a while, delivering everyponies mail. The rain had slowly flushed her smile away and was replaced with a frown. Her clothing was completely soaked by now and seeing the others ponies sitting inside warm and dry didn't make the situation any better. She did manage to keep the mail dry underneath her wings so that was one less thing to worry about. Still, her day couldn't get any worse. "Why do the weather ponies always schedule these cloudbursts when I have to work? It's like they do it on purpose." She muttered angry to herself. She hadn't gone one day without rain for a while. Which made sense because it was the rainiest season of the year. "They are just doing their job. No need to blame them for it... although, it would be a lot better if they took a day off."

She arrived at the last address, Sugar Cube Corner. It was already closed down so she knocked on the door. "Mister and Misses Cake? I have a package for you! Could I please come in?" She heard some noise coming from the back of the shop. Then she saw Misses Cake trot up to the door and unlock it.

"Oh my dear Derpy!  You're completely drenched. Come in quickly before you catch a cold." Misses Cake said while she took the package out of Derpy's hooves.

"Nah, it's okay Misses Cake. I gotta get back home anyway." Derpy replied.

"Nonsense. You can wait here for the rain to pass. It's only a small cloudburst today. Sit down and I'll make you a nice cup of coco." She said as she led Derpy inside and closed the door behind her. She ran toward the kitchen before Derpy could protest. She shook her head and sat down at one of the tables. She took of her hat and jacket to hang them out to dry. A few minutes later, Misses Cake came back with a cub of coco.

"I put some extra whipped cream on it and some marshmallows too." Misses cake noticed the wet clothes hanging around the chair. "Let me get this dry for you as well."

"Thank you. You are so kind but you re-." Again she disappeared before Derpy could say anything. She looked down at her coco with a smile. "This mare is too kind." She took a sip but startled as there was a sudden loud bang outside. She quickly turned around to look through the window. She saw a flash of lightning not far way strike down to the ground. "Weird... I thought the Pegasi had scheduled the thunderstorm for tomorrow... I must have misread it... again." She looked back at the table. Her head hanging down slightly. She focused on her hooves wrapped around the cup filled with dark brown deliciousness. However, the delightful smell did not seem to cheer her. In fact, her smile from before had faded away once again. Her face showed depressing thoughts going through her head.

"Why do I always miss these sorta things? Why can't I have one day without making mistakes or making a fool out of myself? Maybe the boss was right. Maybe I am a failure. Why else would I have lost half of the packages last week? If I hadn't been so clumsy... If I hadn't been so stupid... Those ponies wouldn't have laughed at me and I would be able to walk around this forsake town without feeling so ashamed. I'm such a loser. I mean look at me. I'm talking to myself inside my head... who does that?... Doesn't matter, they all talk behind my back anyway. Saying I'm dumb flank... They're right though, I am a idiot... All of these doubts because of some stupid thunder outside. I really know how to talk myself down.''

"Uhm, excuse me miss. You have a little something on your face." A hoof reached out to whip away the whipped cream on Derpy's muzzle.

Derpy hadn't notice a stallion had walked in and seated himself in front of her. She snapped out of her deep thoughts from the sudden touch and almost jumped of her chair. "Dear Celestia, you scared me!" She punched the stallion's arm. "What the hay are you doing here?"

(Status story: Incomplete, working on the first chapter)

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

yeah I'm still writing this. I actually have a second chapter finished. I should probably post it here.

Can I proof read your fic plz :3

Well I already published the new chapter but you can still read it if you want x3

As for future chapters, sure why not

Noice. You posting it on FimFiction as well?

I think I may be the king of having multiple conversations at once.

Aaanyway, do you write on Google Drive?

*applauds you* I'm not good at multiple conversations x3 I'm surprised I've managed so far

nope, I write in fimficton but I can drive if you want. 

Edited by Pucksterv

• 2 weeks later...