Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv 2 Jungle Book Movies coming 2016/2017. Which one will you see?

Mesme Rize

In 2016/2017, both Disney and Warner Bros are set to release their version of the Jungle Book, on the Big Screen. Why 2 Jungle Book movies are getting released in such a short time is everybodies guess, but i think both companies didn't want to turn down the offer.

The Disney Version that comes out in 2016 will be a very family friendly version, following closely the animated classic from 1967. The movie is directed by Jon Favreau, the Director of the Iron Man movies. Disney already made live action adaptation of their animated movies, recently with Snow White and the Huntsman and Maleficent.

The Warner Bros version that comes out in 2017 will have a more darker tone, following the original Rudyard Kipling stories from the late 19th century. The movie is directed by Andy Serkis, who is known for his role in Lord of the Rings as Gollum and gives his Director debut in this Movie.

Which Movie would you see? The more family friendly one, probably because of nostalgic reasons for the animated movie, or the dark and edgy one, that is more like the actual book?

If you ask me, i see both. :P

Hmmm... probably both, lol. It'll be interesting to see the latter and the dark tone being depicted, though. As for the former, it'll be interesting to see how the animation runs with the different cast of characters and such. And I wonder how Kaa is going to be portrayed in the second film, since he wasn't originally a "villain" as the Disney version put him out to be. Apparently they feel that a snake isn't fit to be on the good side. XD

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm... probably both, lol. It'll be interesting to see the latter and the dark tone being depicted, though. As for the former, it'll be interesting to see how the animation runs with the different cast of characters and such. And I wonder how Kaa is going to be portrayed in the second film, since he wasn't originally a "villain" as the Disney version put him out to be. Apparently they feel that a snake isn't fit to be on the good side. XD

A Snake isn't allowed to be a hero, since snakes are liars that give you apples. :bedeyes:

I think they casted Cate Blanchett for the role, in the Warner Bros version, so Kaa will actually be a female in both versions, with Scarlett Johansson being in the Disney Version

Probably would like to see both, but if I were honest the concept of "The Jungle Book" has never appealed to me. I dunno why, but when it comes to the animated Disney version I could never sit through it as a kid as it bored me to tears. The new Disney version really looks so...meh.

The darker version sounds intriguing...might look into that one.

Probably would like to see both, but if I were honest the concept of "The Jungle Book" has never appealed to me. I dunno why, but when it comes to the animated Disney version I could never sit through it as a kid as it bored me to tears. The new Disney version really looks so...meh.

The darker version sounds intriguing...might look into that one.

Them fightin words dude. jk :P

You're really not the only one who said that. I would recommend the actual short stories of the Jungle Book, since these are darker stories.

• Brohoof 1

A Snake isn't allowed to be a hero, since snakes are liars that give you apples. :bedeyes:

I think they casted Cate Blanchett for the role, in the Warner Bros version, so Kaa will actually be a female in both versions, with Scarlett Johansson being in the Disney Version

Female, huh? That's something! I can't wait to see the outcome, then. :3

Both sound interesting, but the Warner Bros one seems more hype-inducing for me. I loved the original animated Disney classic, but a more faithful version would be good if done right. Plus, it'd be nice to see Kaa in a more mentor role like his book version.

Of course it had to be YOU, Kaa, who opened this topic! Hahaha!

Overworked Disney-classics seems always to be a good idea, the kids these days need some good movies.

And since they're growing up with hd and stuff, they won't wanna miss that in the old versions.

(I guess)

I for my part will watch them ^-^

• 2 weeks later...

The Disney movie will suck because like most of Disney's other live action remakes it will lack all of the charm that made the original movies so loved

The other will probably just suck

• Brohoof 1

HAd no ideas these were a thing until now. XD I think I would see the Warner Bros. one. If the Disney is just gonna be a sort of remake of the original, I don't see a point because the original was good enough to me. If the WB film is going for a darker tone, then that will definitely set it apart and it will be interesting to watch. Kinda looking forward to that now. 

I'll probably see neither

I really hate the recent trend of giving kids' movies/shows/books gritty action reboots.

I also agree with this

like most of Disney's other live action remakes it will lack all of the charm that made the original movies so loved

In general, I wish the movie industry would quit with the unnecessary reboots and sequels and come up with something original.