Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums Drawing Contest August 2015 - RESULTS

Odyssey

After a whole month's worth of submitting and voting artwork, it is time for us to announce the winners of this month's Drawing Contest! We had many great artists partake in such a fun event, but only three of them made it to the very top. Here they are!

-------

3: Melon Blitz

post-334-0-97613800-1440461326_thumb.jpg

@Melon Blitz's great use of colours and the amount of care put into the background is what makes it come up to #3. It also represents Norse mythology very well. For reaching 3rd place, you artwork will be showcased in this month's Poniverse newsletter.

2: DanishToenails

post-334-0-89132700-1440461317_thumb.png

A stylised piece of artwork that captures the traditional artwork in Norse mythology. It really shows that @DanishToenails has put a lot of detail, care and research into their work. For reaching 2nd place, your art will be showcase on this month's Poniverse Newsletter and your choice of either 1000 DeviantArt points or $15.00 worth of MLP Forums Commission Vouchers.

1: Lucky Lass

post-334-0-47554700-1440461319_thumb.jpg

@Lucky Lass has put a lot of care into her work, from the colours to the background. Because of how much thought was put into this piece of artwork, it is  as a result very clean and pleasing to look at. For reaching 1st place, your art will be showcase on this month's Poniverse Newsletter, your choice of either 1000 DeviantArt points or $15.00 worth of MLP Forums Commission Vouchers and you'll receive a special Forums badge highlighting you as the winner of this month's contest!

------

With this month's contest coming to a close, we would love to thank every one of you for participating. All of you did your best. Even though it's quite unfortunate that you haven't won this contest, you still tried your very best. After all, you'll hopefully have better luck in the next Drawing Contest.

Until further notice, we'll be back with a new contest. Until then, thanks to all who participated and take care!

(For those who have won DeviantArt points/$15.00 Commission vouchers, please let the Administrators of this website know as soon as possible what you have chosen between the two. For those who have chosen DeviantArt points, also be sure to link your account to them. Let them know all of this is form of a PM!)

• Brohoof 19

Those look awesome and I am happy with how things turned out :). You guys did awesome, as well as everyone who took part in the competition, you have all achieved great things and contributed to the fandom and the forums :). Good job everybody :D

Congratulations guys!

Much deserved! 

Watch out though, the next contest I'm going to bring my "A" game and go above and beyond (maybe)

d202fdd440425029028aeffca320aedd5b0836e0

• Brohoof 2

I was rooting for the Melon Blitz piece the whole way despite trailing in the polls. I just really loved the colors and texture of it. Of all the ones I wished my art could look more like it was that one.

But congrats to all. Looking forward to the next topic.

• Brohoof 3

I was rooting for the Melon Blitz piece the whole way despite trailing in the polls. I just really loved the colors and texture of it. Of all the ones I wished my art could look more like it was that one.

Same. I voted for @Melon Blitz initially, didn't think I'd get to the top 5 let alone 2nd place! Good job to everyone who competed!

• Brohoof 3

Same. I voted for @Melon Blitz initially, didn't think I'd get to the top 5 let alone 2nd place! Good job to everyone who competed!

Although yours wan't my favorite of the pieces I REALLY really liked your idea conceptually. It was artistically similar to actual to some norse art; which I think gave it great merit. And the general structure and form of your piece were really good too. Actually my top three of the top 5 made it to the finals. Your piece deserved it's place.

• Brohoof 1

Although yours wan't my favorite of the pieces I REALLY really liked your idea conceptually. It was artistically similar to actual to some norse art; which I think gave it great merit. And the general structure and form of your piece were really good too. Actually my top three of the top 5 made it to the finals. Your piece deserved it's place.

Why thank you! My original plan was a 3d version, but seeing the time frame and knowing 3d wasn't my strong suit led me to other options. I'm glad you like it, it's definately one of my favorites!

• Brohoof 1

I really enjoyed this contest! I know now what I need to work on with my own art and hopefully next time around I will have a better shot. :)

I did enjoy all of the art that was selected and I am looking forward to the new contest! Hopefully soon!!! <333

• Brohoof 1

Guess I need to get better at checking for results next time around 'cause I just now found this! xD

Congratulationies to the winners of course, they deserve it! ^^

In the first contest thread, a suggestion was made to display all of the contest entries somewhere so the ones who didn't win can still be seen, and some of the staff said they liked the idea. Is that going to happen? (I wanna see 'em alllll.)

• Brohoof 4

Aww thanks guys, I hope everyone continues making the great artwork, it was fun. (:

Guess I need to get better at checking for results next time around 'cause I just now found this! xD

Congratulationies to the winners of course, they deserve it! ^^

In the first contest thread, a suggestion was made to display all of the contest entries somewhere so the ones who didn't win can still be seen, and some of the staff said they liked the idea. Is that going to happen? (I wanna see 'em alllll.)

^also this

• Brohoof 1

these are crazy cool entries, i'm looking in awe at these and still can't really describe how good these look

melonblitz has an amazing soft style of coloring, and really knows how to use lineless art. 

love the outfit on celestia as well

danishtoenails is the most original out of all of them, it's most certainly the most true to the contest it's theme.

creativity to the max :D

luckylass also seems like first to me, mostly cus of favourite pony  :twi:

but first place well desrved. though i feel like luckylass and melonblitz should be more tied for the lead, just my opinion though ^^

• 4 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned