Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Inkscape, PhotoShop, Flash, and opinions?

TheAlphaAzn

Questions:

About Art Opinions:

So i have a question i love both programs and i have quellps with both programs. As i cant vector in photoshop because i might just be inept at useing the pen tool but after learning inkscape (though it is a vectoring program which im loooving cause my ocd isnt killing me on line thicknesses any more) i feel like im cheating any thoughts on this matter? (though i do love that i can finally get a good line thickness and not want to rip my hair out<-- been strugling with my oc for the last 4 days in Photoshop finally got somewhere   http://thealphaazn.deviantart.com/art/Basicaly-Done-557737581  currently working on an actual vector version and the back drop was just a quickie)

PS: how are my proportions on this picture ? im doing a vector of it but i dont want to get so far only to find out i might be a bit to dis-proportionate

i understand completely there two different programs one mainly used for vectoring of course and the other used for a multitude of things.

About Flash:

When starting animation is there a preferred image size for flash? im a graphics design student and im starting (hence why im asking) this semester so i wont be in animation for a while but i thought id get the jump. i also plan to do pony animations so i thought it be nice to get some advice 

About Photoshop:

Any tips for drawing mlp related things in this program cause i have all but given up on it XD i love it for other things but trying to get a constant line weight throughout the entire picture has all but almost left me bald in one spot

About youtube: Im planing to do some videos on mlp related things if any one here also does things like that i was wondering whats a good image size to role with when putting it into your desired video editor (or does size not even matter?)

Signed,

The AlphaAzn aka The Azn Analyst 

Edited by TheAlphaAzn
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Questions:

About Art Opinions:

So i have a question i love both programs and i have quellps with both programs. As i cant vector in photoshop because i might just be inept at useing the pen tool but after learning inkscape (though it is a vectoring program which im loooving cause my ocd isnt killing me on line thicknesses any more) i feel like im cheating any thoughts on this matter? (though i do love that i can finally get a good line thickness and not want to rip my hair out<-- been strugling with my oc for the last 4 days in Photoshop finally got somewhere   http://thealphaazn.deviantart.com/art/Basicaly-Done-557737581  currently working on an actual vector version and the back drop was just a quickie)

PS: how are my proportions on this picture ? im doing a vector of it but i dont want to get so far only to find out i might be a bit to dis-proportionate

i understand completely there two different programs one mainly used for vectoring of course and the other used for a multitude of things.

About Flash:

When starting animation is there a preferred image size for flash? im a graphics design student and im starting (hence why im asking) this semester so i wont be in animation for a while but i thought id get the jump. i also plan to do pony animations so i thought it be nice to get some advice 

About Photoshop:

Any tips for drawing mlp related things in this program cause i have all but given up on it XD i love it for other things but trying to get a constant line weight throughout the entire picture has all but almost left me bald in one spot

About youtube: Im planing to do some videos on mlp related things if any one here also does things like that i was wondering whats a good image size to role with when putting it into your desired video editor (or does size not even matter?)

Signed,

The AlphaAzn aka The Azn Analyst 

You do know that Adobe's Illustrator also allows you to make vectors, right?

Now to answer your questions:

Flash: The "size" you are referring to would be the resolution of the final animation project. The size of the stage will be the set resolution of the animation you want to export.

The internet standard is 720p HD (1280 x 720) at 30 fps. YouTube supports higher frame rates like 48, 50 and 60, so you can also take that into consideration. YouTube does support 1080p HD up to 8K as well, so you have many choices to chose from (but if you want to keep things simple, go with the internet standard 720p.)

As for Pony animations on Flash, the show animates their episodes at 24 fps. So I would recommend setting the fps to 24 fps whenever you are doing your own Pony animations with flash puppets (or if you want them to have smoother motion, 60 fps is the better option for that)

Photoshop: Unlike Flash and Illustrator (which both of them are compatible with vectors), Photoshop works with pixels. So if you want to make some photo edits on them, you may want to export the vectored pony documents to a high resolution of either 4K or 8K in order to preserve the quality of the vectors.

YouTube: As I've mentioned already, 720p HD is the standard resolution for internet video nowadays (tho it still won't hurt if you decide to do 1080p or even 4K if you wanted to). HD content is a standard, so I would not recommend going lower than 720p HD.

Sincerely,

Jonny Music :)

Edited by Jonny Music