Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Post a Picture of Yourself!

Mint Petal

its not really the same as Facebook though. this has no privacy settings. and even if it did i still wouldn't post a picture of myself here.

people are even following this topic! do any of you find that even the slightest bit creepy?

Not really. If somebody is afraid of people coming for them because they posted a picture of themselves, then they shouldn't post here. Nobody is being forced to post a picture of themself.

its not really the same as Facebook though. this has no privacy settings. and even if it did i still wouldn't post a picture of myself here.

people are even following this topic! do any of you find that even the slightest bit creepy?

lolololololol

yep. exactly no one is forced into anything.

how is it creepy? because people look at pics of other people. it doesn't mean people are obsessed/planning anything/jerking off to em.

that's just silly assumptions. all this is, is common interests/curiosity to how people look.

hell, you can go out to the store and some creep can look at you and say "she looks good, i'm going to stalk her"

danger is everywhere, doll. not just on the internet.

lolololololol

how is it creepy? because people look at pics of other people. it doesn't mean people are obsessed/planning anything/jerking off to em.

that's just silly assumptions. all this is, is common interests/curiosity to how people look.

hell, you can go out to the store and some creep can look at you and say "she looks good, i'm going to stalk her"

Alicorn Fluttershy has a point as here its too easy to stalk others here and thats why I dont post my photos here and for other reasons I do not want to disclose.

Alicorn Fluttershy has a point as here its too easy to stalk others here and thats why I dont post my photos here and for other reasons I do not want to disclose.

That's fine. If you're not comfortable (goes for either of you) then don't post. I don't see anyone pressuring either to post. There are bad people on the internet. There are bad people who stalk in real life. Works both ways.

That's fine. If you're not comfortable (goes for either of you) then don't post. I don't see anyone pressuring either to post. There are bad people on the internet. There are bad people who stalk in real life. Works both ways.

yes and some know that all too well

lolololololol

what i have to say to that can be found here.

what i have to say to that can be found here.

lolololk

its not really the same as Facebook though. this has no privacy settings. and even if it did i still wouldn't post a picture of myself here. people are even following this topic! do any of you find that even the slightest bit creepy?

The forum doesn't have to have privacy settings because you control how much information you want to post. You can post as little or as much information as you want. 

I don't find people following this topic creepy because they're most likely curious as to what their friends look like. I'm an extremely visual person so I like to know what the people I'm talking to look like. Until I've seen a picture of them it's like they're not real to me. I'm not scared of what anyone would use any pictures of me for because it doesn't affect me until they try to stalk me. Except that none of my pictures reveal anything about my current location, only where I've been in the past. Everything I post on here is already on facebook. But I dare someone to find me here among 100,000+ other students and then what? Follow me to my dorm with several hundred more people?

(Please don't actually follow me though I get that enough in real life)

• Brohoof 1

If anyone truly has ill intent, a picture in this thread isn't going to be what gets you. If someone doesn't want to show them-self, that's none of my business, in fact, I would wager the majority of forum users don't, but at the end of the day, of all the risks to personal security, this is pretty minor. The reason I don't post is because I'm feckin' ugly (and feel bloody weird takin' selfies), but there is no significant risk. If there was, the mods would have shut this down, simple as that.

• Brohoof 1

Guys, calm down. She actually has a point, if this picture is for example posted elsewhere then Your facebook accounts etc can be tracked easily. I don't post my pictures elsewhere though, they are on this forum only. So really, give her a break, because she meant nothing bad yet gets all those ridiculous lectures ;/ 

It's hardly dangerous to post pictures of yourself. People look at other people all the time and suddenly know what they look like. That's like expecting every person you see down the street to be a potential stalker. The chances of anyone who's ever posted a picture here or anywhere else getting stalked or being in dangerous is so astronomical that you'd be protecting yourself from nothing.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
Guys, calm down. She actually has a point, if this picture is for example posted elsewhere then Your facebook accounts etc can be tracked easily. I don't post my pictures elsewhere though, they are on this forum only. So really, give her a break, because she meant nothing bad yet gets all those ridiculous lectures ;/ 

I won't question the intent, and I don't mean to lecture. No matter where you post you have to be careful. All I was saying is that it isn't inherently risky, it only becomes a problem if you're careless, just like with anything out there.

It wasn't actually about You but about this entire discussion on why Alicorn Fluttershy iswrong when she actually is not. The chance of anyone here getting cyberbullied with such pictures is very low but it's always there. After all internet is amazing but also dangerous place and trolls stop at nothing to ruin other people's life. I am not trying to start drama about it, like I said chances are very low. But she has a point and saying that she is entirely not right means that someone is new to the internet lol. 
You're right, I just clicked into debate mode, which, outside of debate, can cause problems. There is a risk, but I think the end point is that the risk can be easily minimized. I think I'll shut up before I risk starting something  :lol: Edited by Frith is Magick

I won't question the intent, and I don't mean to lecture. No matter where you post you have to be careful. All I was saying is that it isn't inherently risky, it only becomes a problem if you're careless, just like with anything out there.

It wasn't actually about You but about this entire discussion on why Alicorn Fluttershy iswrong when she actually is not. The chance of anyone here getting cyberbullied with such pictures is very low but it's always there. After all internet is amazing but also dangerous place and trolls stop at nothing to ruin other people's life. I am not trying to start drama about it, like I said chances are very low. But she has a point and saying that she is entirely not right means that someone is new to the internet lol. 

Millions of pictures are posted on the internet, both securely and not, that any dangers that exist are minimal, unlikely and it's downright crazy to believe that something as simple as a picture is going to get you in any sort of trouble or danger. Even if dangers are there, they aren't worth worrying about. Ever.

Even if someone were to confess to being cyberstalked...well they are one in a million.

eh watever you say. just warning you its more dangerous than you think. people can take a picture and find out all about you.

I would actually love to hear you explain how they would be able to do this. I really don't understand. 

• Brohoof 1

I would actually love to hear you explain how they would be able to do this. I really don't understand.

Google Image Search. If you use Chrome, you can track a picture just about anywhere.
  • Brohoof 1