Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

member q+a Gone Airbourne Q&A

Simon

Aaaaaand it's Wednesday!  Time for another Q&A!

Our guest this week is the one and only Gone Airbourne!  As one of our many regulars here around MLP Forums, Gone Airbourne is someone you've probably run into at some point.  He's not only a great person to talk to and a fantastic member, but he's also someone always willing to lend a hoof to help out the site..  So toss all the questions below so we can all learn all of his deepest darkest secrets!

Bonus Game:  Let's see if Gone Airbourne's answers can win over enough of your hearts to get the last 78 brohoofs he needs to hit 10,000 :P

Untitled.png

And as always, I'll get the Q&A started with asking the first question!

Why do you like Pinkie Pie the most even though Fluttershy is clearly best pony?

• Brohoof 11

Where do you get your avatars?

I cannot do anything else that love them, to be honest <3

• Brohoof 10

Hello Gone Airbourne, it's great to see you doing a Q&A.

What got you into creating avatars and signatures? They're all pleasing to look at.

• Brohoof 9

Yay, Airbourne Q&A :D

Are you stressed for this Q&A :)

Why do you like Pinkie Pie

Ehm, correction ;P, Why do you like Pinkamena (sorry, hue hue hue) :3 :3 :3? 

What do you think about the forums on it's own :)

Edited by JonasDarkmane
  • Brohoof 9

Why do you like Pinkie Pie the most even though Fluttershy is clearly best pony?

Cause Pinkie instantly stole my heart with her selfless, cheerful & joyful from the start of the show. Pinkie Pie is always putting others before herself and I kind of admire the kind of friend she is to others. She'd be the first to say that Fluttershy is best pony ;).

Where do you get your avatars?

I cannot do anything else that love them, to be honest <3

Favorites on Deviantart

My current avatar one I used quite a long time ago. Is probably my favorite Pinkie Pie related artwork & I credited the artist on my profile & signature. http://featherblot.deviantart.com/

Hello Gone Airbourne, it's great to see you doing a Q&A.

What got you into creating avatars and signatures? They're all pleasing to look at.

I appreciate what you said there a lot ^-^.

Actually whenever I first joined the forums here I had no clue how to use Photoshop in the first place. Way way back whenever I first joined. This place actually had a forum signature making team and a massive request thread where member's could ask for signatures. I remember requesting one for the first time and I thought just how awesome all those signature's I saw back then. I really wanted to learn how to make signatures from that point. So I simply scavenged around looking for guides and with a lot of trial and error eventually learned how to make them alongside with using Photoshop (Adobe White Rabbit). Although another goal is to learn to draw that's something I desire more than anything.

Yay, Airbourne Q&A :D

Are you stressed for this Q&A :)

Ehm, correction ;P, Why do you like Pinkamena (sorry, hue hue hue) :3 :3 :3? 

What do you think about the forums on it's own :)

To your first question I was a little bit beforehand but I'am all good now :D thanks for asking by the way!

That's a good question there's so much I love about Pinkie... for Pinkamena though. I don't view her as that crazed killer she's gained a reputation for. It's a balance for Pinkie Pie almost it shows that even as she always put's others before herself. There maybe a lot of times she ignores her own happiness while she tries to be there for others. It just goes to show you never know what someone maybe dealing with on the inside and we all need friends to pick you back up. That's just one of the many reasons I do : ).

I think the forums here are wonderful and the friends I have met here over the years is the main reason I've stayed here up till now. It's a great place to socialize with others that have similar interests. Overall the people here have been some of the kindest people I've met in recent years.

• Brohoof 19

I agree with Pinkamena and have viewed her in a very similar way :)

What do you think your future will be like here on the forums :)

What is your favorite section of the forums and why? 

• Brohoof 7

Hey there Gone Airbourne.

Is there one genre of music, that you really like to listen to?

• Brohoof 7

Morning Gone Airborne, long time no see.  Good to see you still around, my friend!  :muffins:  Let's see... do you ever read pony fanfiction, and if so, what genre is your favorite?  If not, what type of brony art in general is your favorite (though feel free to answer this question even if you do read pony fanfiction)?  :squee:

• Brohoof 7

If you were to pick any character from any non-MLP source to be ponified and appear as a main character for an episode, which would it be?

• Brohoof 6

Hello Gone Airbourne, welcome to the Q&A domain :D

What is your favourite movement in the fandom? Any specific event that happened on the forums or elsewhere?

Also, PC or Mac ;P

If PC, Desktop or Laptop?

If either, what brand :3

Sorry, I just like asking PC specs ^^"

• Brohoof 5

Hey Gone, which is better in your opinion: Friendship is Whitchcraft or Mentaly Advanced Series, and why is that?

• Brohoof 6

I agree with Pinkamena and have viewed her in a very similar way :)

What do you think your future will be like here on the forums :)

What is your favorite section of the forums and why? 

To your first question: I don't plan on going anywhere but just enjoy the times here. That and hoping to make/meet new friends along the way just as when I first joined :)

I love the thread what song is currently on your mind. I'm always listening to music at some point throughout the day and I like to see what others are listening to as well. The forum games section maybe my favorite though so much fun that's for sure.

Hey there Gone Airbourne.

Is there one genre of music, that you really like to listen to?

Rock n' Roll and when I say that I categorize all these genres within' that: blues, metal, symphonic metal, power metal, folk metal, punk, ska, ska punk, grunge, alternative, alternative metal, and reggae. That's a lot of different genres but it's all Rock N' Roll too me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zy2pBoTuOQ

Hi =) <3 

Where you got the name Gone Airbourne=)?

Do you have any pony merchandise =)=)?

Back in 2008 I came across the band Airbourne and instantly loved that band from hearing there fist tune. One my of my favorite songs by AC/DC just so happens to be called Gone Shootin'. Put those two together an ya got Gone Airbourne :3 and it's stuck with me ever since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ3C57aQEjU

To your second question: I do actually I have a Pinkie Pie dog tag I got at bronycon from a vendor called Silverslinger. He had some amazing merch. I also have a berry punch bottle opener x3 *I'll upload a picture if my phone syncs up right with my laptop >_<*

best_pony_dog_tag_pendants_by_chaoticbro

Hey Airbourne, congrats on getting a Q&A!

So, let's say you won a contest and were allowed to write one episode of MLP, what would that episode's synopsis be?

Thank you Attack of the Pwns I'm just grateful I was chosen in the first place. 

I've been wanting to see an episode where they bring back Pinkamena again it's been such a long time since we've last saw her in a episode. I've wanted to see what would happen if Pinkie Pie & Pinkamena spilt into two separate entities for an episode. I would love to see Pinkie pie try to interact with her other self the episode could go into many directions if this could happen. I have always wanted an episode like that actually. Oh also I want a episode featuring Andrew WK & Pinkie Pie together!!! I mean the episode with Weird Al was probably one of my favorites of the entire show to be honest. Andrew WK though is like Pinkie Pie as a person almost it would be the perfect episode in my opinion. I mean AWK already starred in a episode of Uncle Grandpa why not MLP!? Show writes please consider this!

Morning Gone Airborne, long time no see.  Good to see you still around, my friend!  :muffins:  Let's see... do you ever read pony fanfiction, and if so, what genre is your favorite?  If not, what type of brony art in general is your favorite (though feel free to answer this question even if you do read pony fanfiction)?  :squee:

Good to see you ol' buddy that Bat Derpy avatar I'll never forget :D!

I actually like slice of life, comedy/adventure and even a little romance is a nice mix. It's been a while since I last read a fanfiction though but I should get back into reading more.

Funny thing is... I have no idea what to ask. :blink:

img-2939542-2-mlfw10255-137768274998.gif

YEW CAN DO EEET!

How would you rank the Mane 6?

Hmm.. :ooh:  good question there Woohoo.

1. Pinkie Pie heh that's a no brainer for me xP

2. AJ

3. Rarity

4. Twilight

5. Fluttershy

6. Rainbow Dash

If you were to pick any character from any non-MLP source to be ponified and appear as a main character for an episode, which would it be?

Andrew WK Most definitely *honorable mention Daxter from Jak & Daxter*

thumb.jpg

Hello Gone Airbourne, welcome to the Q&A domain :D

What is your favourite movement in the fandom? Any specific event that happened on the forums or elsewhere?

Also, PC or Mac ;P

If PC, Desktop or Laptop?

If either, what brand :3

Sorry, I just like asking PC specs ^^"

Ahh that is such a great question... back when one of my best friends on here "Motion Spark" if some of you older members remember. He drew me this amazing artwork for my birthday back in 2013

pinkie_hugs__final_version__by_kyle23emm

A artwork of my ponysona & pinkie I was *shocked* that someone would take the time just to do something like that for me... 

Getting to go to Bronycon 2015 and getting to meet so many member's I've wanted to hangout with. That was the highlight of 2015 for me and I'm so glad I got the chance to go this year it was a BLAST!

Favorite PC? That's a hard one indeed... I've always loved HP for the longest but I've yet to find a model I want I prefer a desktop over a laptop honestly. That is something I am in the process of researching and wanting to save up for a nicer computer later on as well.

• Brohoof 15

That is something I am in the process of researching and wanting to save up for a nicer computer later on as well.

Yeah, researching for dekstop is darn hard. With all the different parts that's going into it in the end XP

Good luck :D

• Brohoof 3

Since you like Rock 'n' Roll, what do you think of Progressive Rock?

Bands like Rush, Jethro Tull, King Crimson or Genesis?

• Brohoof 3

Hey Gone, which is better in your opinion: Friendship is Whitchcraft or Mentaly Advanced Series, and why is that?

O_o How did I miss these series after all this time being in the fandom?? Well now that I know of them I'm going to watch these series :C sorry I can't answer this question just yet but after I've seen each one I can certainly give you a answer.

Hello :3

What are some of your favorite modern rock bands?

Nice I likey this question hmmm this maybe long xD: This is what I consider "modern" - Deftones, Chevelle, 10 Years, A Perfect Circle, Tool, Breaking Benjamin', Foo Fighters, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphies, Bouncing Souls, Rise Against, Rancid, Muse, Jimmy Eat World, Kasabian, Airbourne, Alestorm, Korpiklaani, Sabaton, Blind Guardian, Dream Theater, Periphery, Devin Townsend Project, Eluveitie, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Saxon, Hammerfall, The Pillows, Nightwish, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Reel Big Fish, Tiger Army, Catch 22, Streetlight Manifesto, Linkin Park, Skillet, POD, and goodness you see I could make this list even longer than it is if I'd like too. But you get what I mean :3

How many days of the week are you Cooly?  :love:

;) nice Storm love that question. That would be whenever I'm listening to this song

or in other words I try to everyday because if you are fooly and cooly then you would know that "Nothing amazing happen's here... only the ordinary"  That is until you swing the bat chief... nothing will happen if you don't swing the bat.

Hey there ;)

Here is ma question:

Do you like to draw? This is a simple question but I hear you make digs and avatars.

I love admiring other's artwork and it just motivates me more in wanting to learn how to draw myself. I just need to set aside some practice time and keep at it. I'm not great at drawing in the present time but I know with things like that takes a lot of time and effort so hoping I will get better the more I practice.

Yes I do enjoy making signatures/avatars when I have some free time they are really fun to make.

Are you a shipper? Do you ship?

Hmm... I don't ship all to much but there are certain ships I've thought were def. really cute for sure. What about Pinkie x Discord? I've always thought that they're personalities mixed well and they love having fun. What about spike x applebloom :o?

sig-4064157.spike_chooses_dare_by_alexim

Artwork by AleximusPrime

Since you like Rock 'n' Roll, what do you think of Progressive Rock?

Bands like Rush, Jethro Tull, King Crimson or Genesis?

You betcha' I do how can I forget Rush, Jethro Tull & Genesis I love each of those bands and have for years. However I've never heard of King Crimson but I'm willing to bet I'd like them ;)

Fly by Night is my favorite Rush tune

https://youtu.be/F-di1rIaMWc

• Brohoof 10

Besides MLP, do you have any other shows you like? :)

Sure do let's see modern shows: Dr. Who for sure I watched up until the 4th season and just need to finish watching it but I do love Dr. Who. I randomly started watching it back in 2014 but I just need to return to it again. Steven Universe looks really promising from the the couple of episodes that I've seen so far too another series I need to follow and finish. I love Top Gear too hehe wonderful show UK version and you can't forget the Stig! Impractical jokers or however that show is pretty cool to a friend of mine here showed me that a old buddy called Rolls Royce. Tons of those older classic cartoons I grew up with too ;).

I love anime tons of anime too but always up for more suggestions when it comes to new shows.

• Brohoof 6