Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc First Words [SoL/Romance/Friendship]

Plume

First Words…

RP: https://mlpforums.com/topic/137236-first-words-roleplay/

---------

It’s always been an accepted fact that fate has strong ties, and this is no different when it comes to love. Words inscribed on the inside of your hoof are supposed to pull you and your other closer together, with the eventual utterance of these being the driving force for you to know that they are the one. After all, first impressions are everything, but who knows? Maybe those first words will also be the start of a very happy ending…

---------

As the title states, this is a romance and slice of life roleplay! It's focused around one of the many variants of the Soulmate AU not because I’m totally obsessed with them or anything – the idea that the very first words your destined other will say to you have been inked on your hoof since the day you were born. These words are invisible to all but you, and I expect to see some interesting phrases to develop an interesting RP! Like seriously, what if their first word is potatoes how is that going to play out

Basic Lore Notes:

The one you choose may not result in a happy romance, as their soulmate could be another pony.

Your first post should say somewhere what the first words are, most likely in a thought or some sort of description so that the others have something to work off.

Make sure you pick something interesting! If it’s an everyday phrase, it could have been anyone – the phrases are intended to be unique so that you can definitely tell who it will be.

When you utter the phrases of your intended one, make sure you make it obvious. Bold it, italic, colour it differently… Do something! The whole world is supposed to seem different afterwards, so it’s a major moment, and you should play it like one!

Rules of RP

• Be reasonable and respectful, even with rejections! 
  • Well developed characters are good.
  • Stay relatively active: A post once a day or so is good. That being said, don't flood the rp with your posts and let the other people have a chance to respond. This means maybe limiting it to once or twice a day – if there is a conversation you want to play out, don’t let it extend over 4 posts in one chunk.
  • Please include a link to your character!
  • Quality posts! (grammar, punctuation, spelling, all that good stuff.)
Sorry if that's a lot to take in, but please do read through it!

Player List

Stallions:

1. with Dark Star - What is it you truly seek?

2. @Gloomfury with Tungsten Wolfrem - Blue skies, sunshine. What a day, lets take a walk.

3. @Ochre_Dust with Ochre Dust - Well you're normal, and that's what I need.

4. @cwhip9 with Cresent - Relax, the weather is perfect for this.

5. with Pathfinder - In the sky the stars of two shall shine like the morning dew. 

Mares:

1. @MiniKirby123 with Jazz Sonata - Smile more. It suits you.

2. @Fire Lily with Flutter Dusk - Why are you wearing that jacket? It's so nice out.

3. @Akari of Duskshire with Stormcloud - The lands are beautiful, don't you think?

4. with Aria Rosewood - When silence between to people is comfortable, you know you've found love.

5. @Professor Annabella with Professor Annabella - We’ll be two stars, shining brighter than the rest.

6. @ThatBlazingPony with Wildfire Blaze

Edited by MiniKirby123
  • Brohoof 1

I've never really done anything like this... so why not?

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/dark-star-r6376

Anyway, I read it, but I don't think I understand clearly enough what this is all about. How do the words work? Should I post them now? Or keep them a secret from everyone else? How does this come to play? 

I just don't seem to get it. But it is interesting non-the-less. 

Edited by TheLonelySpectre

@@Fire Lily,

Yupyup, got you down!

@,

Got you down too! And to answer your question, it depends on how you play it. You can either keep it a 100% mystery until you interact with the pony you like and they speak first, and then have this whole life changing moment, or mention it in your very first post! Something along the lines of: 'She sighed, her hooves tracing the words on her skin. "Would you like to buy anything?" they read, and she hummed as she pondered what sort of pony her soulmate would be.'

If you would like, you can also post them here! That's something I didn't even consider ^^

This sounds really interesting and I'd like to give my new OC, Stormcloud, a try (that is, if you're willing to accept a non-pony).  If not, I'm willing to RP as Fantasy Moon.  Links are in my signature.

Also, how exactly is it decided who's soulmate is who?

Edited by Akari of Duskshire

@@Akari of Duskshire

Stormcloud it is! :D

That's up for you to decide. Once the whole cast is assembled, you can pick any pony from the list to be your soulmate, and try your best to get the roleplay to go your way! Otherwise, you can just go in the roleplay blind (as I like to do) and just let it play out on it's own - interact a little with the ponies, and just let things happen!

• Brohoof 1