Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shy sketches

TheThunderPony

(AGHHHHHH SO CUTE!!!!) Seriously! your art work is amazing! She looks so cute in human form but...No to be mean or anything, can you draw some clothes on her? It makes me a little.. uncomfortable.. Other than that! 11/10!

• Brohoof 2

That new, soft style of shading does seem to work better with that Disney-like style you're using. The cross-hatching seems to be a tad too bold for that art style. Still, a brilliant job well done friend.

Edited by IcefireInfinite
  • Brohoof 1

Nice work. I especially love your style when it comes to drawing ponies. It's easy to recognise, but it still keeps the charm from the show style. Humanised Fluttershy looks great as well.

How do you work and develop on your art style? I'm always looking for ways to make mine look distinctive. :P

• Brohoof 1

Nice work. I especially love your style when it comes to drawing ponies. It's easy to recognise, but it still keeps the charm from the show style. Humanised Fluttershy looks great as well.

How do you work and develop on your art style? I'm always looking for ways to make mine look distinctive.

Thanks Odyssey! Well, actually I sort of went "backwards" from the way they teach in schools and such. When I first started off, I began with a pretty typical manga style (this was in the late 90's btw). Then, as I got older, I took intrest in cartoons. So was drawing on and off from about age 10 to about 20 (I'm 22 now). I only recently (within the past year), began to seriously draw my butt off; trying to make a style of my own. To do this, I basically take bits and peices of things I like from my favorite artists, and change them in a way that "feels like" me. It's not "cheating", as your adding these things ontop of your own shape language (round shapes, pointy shapes, etc.). That's why, if you noticed, my style looks similar to a Glen Keane or Jin Kim style (Disney artists), but has a bit of mlp style in there too. Oh yeah ,studying real life and anatomy is very important. You don't have to start with it, but being good at a realistic style helps sooo much. Tha's actually how I'm able to do what I'm doing in the first place. It let's you know what the shapes really look like, so when you want to move from the show style, to something like mine let's say, it will be a lot less frustrating:3

Also, in my opinion, it's a good thing to have at least 2 different styles. This way, your not stuck drawing the same thing all the time (and so people have some variety in what they see when they look at your work).

Edited by TheThunderPony
  • Brohoof 1

Also, in my opinion, it's a good thing to have at least 2 different styles. This way, your not stuck drawing the same thing all the time (and so people have some variety in what they see when they look at your work).

Good idea,  I tend to try different ways or styles in my writing and graphics so not to burn out or get into rut on the creative side of stuff!     Digging the style yo switch up! 

• Brohoof 2