Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Danfo98

So, I'm creating a game. It's about the aftermath of WWIII in the near future. The Geneva Convention was violated and POW cruelty, as well as chemical and biological weapons were used.

But Russia (I mean no offence to any Russians) genetically altered (insert disease)

America isn't innocent either, they used mustard gas to kill off all of China. (Sorry China)

Anyway Id like to know any diseases that could be a zombie virus.

I'm thinking rabies.

So, I'm creating a game. It's about the aftermath of WWIII in the near future. The Geneva Convention was violated and POW cruelty, as well as chemical and biological weapons were used.

But Russia (I mean no offence to any Russians) genetically altered (insert disease)

America isn't innocent either, they used mustard gas to kill off all of China. (Sorry China)

Anyway Id like to know any diseases that could be a zombie virus.

I'm thinking rabies.

I would direct you to this article, http://www.cracked.com/article_15643_5-scientific-reasons-zombie-apocalypse-could-actually-happen.html. It's on a comedy website, but the research is good enough for a fictional game even if none of the examples are a real threat. You have your pick of the five. 

I'm a bit curious too, what type of game is this? Is it just a shooter game with short backstory, or is it some sort of strategy game, or what?

@@Danfo98

While this is about a game you are creating, the subject of the topic deals more with the research. As such I moved it to General Discussion.

Thanks. :)

America isn't innocent either, they used mustard gas to kill off all of China.

So I'm studying intelligence and security in university...I'd be very, VERY interested to see how this would happen with no major retaliation from China. :lol:  

I would direct you to this article, http://www.cracked.com/article_15643_5-scientific-reasons-zombie-apocalypse-could-actually-happen.html. It's on a comedy website, but the research is good enough for a fictional game even if none of the examples are a real threat. You have your pick of the five.

I'm a bit curious too, what type of game is this? Is it just a shooter game with short backstory, or is it some sort of strategy game, or what?

The game is going to have a very detailed backstory, and Id rather not put the category of game, simply because I don't want my idea stolen (not that any of you would.)

And I'm trying to make it as realistic as possible. So diseases like rabies that are transmitted bite are what Im looking for.

So I'm studying intelligence and security in university...I'd be very, VERY interested to see how this would happen with no major retaliation from China. :lol:

And it was a last ditch effort after years of war. Edited by Danfo98

Rabies would be a good bet if you biologically modify the disease to be more virulent and jack up all the effects the disease causes. If one would to make it so that the virus won't kill the host as quickly, you'll have a good virus in your hands. 

The thing is, human rabies don't hype up a person's aggressiveness to the point where they'll start biting people, its actually pretty tame compare to other diseases. So, in order for rabies to be more effective, you'll have to engineer it to make the affected host be very aggressive against other living beings that don't have the disease. The neo-rabies virus should also include more neurological capabilities, such as dampening pain receptors, and be able to enhance the human body to beyond its limits in the pursuit of spreading the disease. 

A jacked up rabies, in my opinion, would be a rather horrific thing to see. 

Edited by Demirari
  • Brohoof 1

The game is going to have a very detailed backstory, and Id rather not put the category of game, simply because I don't want my idea stolen (not that any of you would.)

And I'm trying to make it as realistic as possible. So diseases like rabies that are transmitted bite are what Im looking for.

And it was a last ditch effort after years of war.

Your going to need a lot more work than if you want this to have a detailed backstory, and make sure you fully research the consequences of killing off all of China and such. Nothing is worse than a game that attempts to have an intelligent backstory, but instead fills it with unrealistic events of a how a war goes. 

Your going to need a lot more work than if you want this to have a detailed backstory, and make sure you fully research the consequences of killing off all of China and such. Nothing is worse than a game that attempts to have an intelligent backstory, but instead fills it with unrealistic events of a how a war goes.

Of course I was being semi sarcastic America isn't going to wipe out the WHOLE Chinese population, that's virtually impossible with just mustard gas. I was just saying that Russia isn't the only one violating the Geneva Convention in the storyline.

Ive been working on just the concept art and story for about two years now. Though I have got someone I know who can arrange and make the music. He's a friend of mine.

Mad cow disease could also be a good one. Look at what it does to cows

Of course I was being semi sarcastic America isn't going to wipe out the WHOLE Chinese population, that's virtually impossible with just mustard gas. I was just saying that Russia isn't the only one violating the Geneva Convention in the storyline.

Ive been working on just the concept art and story for about two years now. Though I have got someone I know who can arrange and make the music. He's a friend of mine.

Mad cow disease could also be a good one. Look at what it does to cows

BSE (or vCJD) would be good, but only if you jack it up to level 11 on a scale that only reaches 10. It is only transmitted, as far as I know, by eating infected meat. It is good if you are able to infect a lot of meat products and get them into daily life before anyone notices, but after that? It'll become a game of hiding away and letting BSE-infected victims die or rounding them up. 

And, correct me if I'm wrong, it's going to be rather difficult to jack a prion to "Holy ****" levels of danger considering it lacks DNA or whatever. I mean, it is possible, but it'll be rather difficult. Zombies based on vCJD would be interesting, but I'll say it'll take a heck lot more work compared to other disease-causing things. 

I would say a jacked up rabies would do the trick or other mutated viruses or mutated parasites. 

• 4 years later...