Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Movie help

Knight Hadron

Can anyone give me some movies that give the main role to a teenager that is not set in the 20th century and is not cheesy or overtly "girly", and that does not give a stereotypical 80-90's highschool feel.

Only one I can think of is Juno.

Edit: I'm looking for mainly slice-of-life films.

Edited by Knight Hadron

That is extremely specific and I'll be surprised if someone finds a movie that fits that exactly

Scott Pilgrim vs the World kinda fits, and if you wouldn't mind a musical (which is kinda cheesy and set in the 20th century) go with Hairspray

Well, all of the ones I can think of pre-date 2000, but meet all of your other requirements.

These should technically meet all of your requirements:

Kick-Ass?

Youth In Revolt? (Cannot remember this one all too well, to be honest)

Accepted? (Closer to university age)

The Perfect Score? (High school seniors attempt to cheat on the SATs)

Spider-Man? (Yes, Parker was in high school)

Zombieland? (Main character is a teenager, technically, I believe)

Easy A? (Might seem girly, but I assure you that Emma Stone is a badass)

Superbad?

Van Wilder?

Sky High?

No, wait. I've got it:

The Harry Potter series

Edited by Wubtavia

Well, all of the ones I can think of pre-date 2000, but meet all of your other requirements.

These should technically meet all of your requirements:

Kick-Ass?

Youth In Revolt?

Accepted?

The Perfect Score?

They are all either teenagers revolting or teenagers being dishonest.

That is extremely specific and I'll be surprised if someone finds a movie that fits that exactly

Scott Pilgrim vs the World kinda fits, and if you wouldn't mind a musical (which is kinda cheesy and set in the 20th century) go with Hairspray

Cheesy and stereotypically 20th century.

-----

I guess I'm looking for a slice-of-life film with no big drama....and no one makes those because they don't sell. Juno at least has its slice-of-life moments and is a more honest portrayal of teenage life without over-dramification.

Yes, I edited in a few additional choices, but what you are looking for just doesn't exist. Or at the very least, you are going to have to be more flexible with your criteria.

Should perhaps just outright say that you are looking for slice-of-life films in your original post, as well.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I edited in a few additional choices, but what you are looking for just doesn't exist. Or at the very least, you are going to have to be more flexible with your criteria.

Should perhaps just outright say that you are looking for slice-of-life films in your original post, as well.

OP edited.

*wise nod* Yes, people don't seem to want to accurately portray real life in movie format....:(