Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Drawing Spread Pegasus Wings

PacificGreen

I'm having a little trouble drawing spread pegasus wings, whether from the front or from the side. More specifically, I'm having a hard time nailing the shape and positioning of the individual protruding feathers.

Any advice?

If you like, I could post my attempts at drawing them.

All I can say is, look and practice. Keep practicing! Wings are a bit tricky to draw, but so are hands, right? So it's sort of like a progress in mastering these things.

I would say start by doing the outer line, creating the wing in whole. Then add the little feathers ON the wing, that's always what's easiest.

However, here's a little something that might help?

pony_wing_tutorial_by_cuttycommando-d5mzThis art is made by cuttycommando@deviantart.

It also depends on what kind of wings you want to draw, too. People draw wings very differently depending on what kind of pony it is or what kind of art style they use. Try different ones, do your best! You can do it.

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 4

If you want to aim for more show accurate pegasus wings, I highly recommend SorcerusHorserus' tutorial. It's useful, it's easy to follow and it gives some very nice results. You can check out her tutorials on wings below.

let_s_draw__pony_wings__tutorial__3_by_s

• Brohoof 2

• 6 years later...