Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you sleep in the same bed as a pony?

Bendy

Would you sleep in the same bed as a pony?  

96 users have voted

1. 1. Would you sleep in the same bed as a pony?

• Yes.
    • No.

Yes, yes I would. I mean its not much different than my setup now... sleeping with an incredibly rude chameleon who may or may not be a serial killer. (((my bets on may))) but uhh I do kinda flop a bit. Like uhh in asdfmovie how they do the flop? I kinda do that... when I'm sleeping... or trying to fall asleep... so as long as I don't break the pony into pieces then sure! But odds are they'd kick me outa bed lol

"Uhhh why are you sleeping on the couch?"

"Twilight kicked me out of bed."

"...What the fuck?"

@@Justin_Case001,

My head canon is that when ponies are lying down to sleep (as opposed to sleeping standing up, which is a thing horses can do, and I like to think ponies do it too), that they don't move at all except for breathing. It'd mean if you toss and turn you might still hurt yourself, but amongst ponies they'd be fine. 

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't if it was a unicorn/alicorn, I wouldn't be able to get a wink of sleep worrying about getting sleep-stabbed. So long as its any race without a horn, I'd be fine with that

Their horns don't really look that sharp but I guess they could cork them if you'd feel better.

thumb.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes when I have insomnia, I fantasize that I'm cuddling with one of the ponies (usually Twi in the old Golden Oak Library), and it usually helps me fall asleep.  So, I reckon you can guess my answer to the question.

Oh damn, man, you make a good point.  Seems like no horned pony could ever sleep with anyone else.  It's such a safety hazard.  Unless maybe advanced unicorns can put a no-clipping spell on their horn.

Reminds me of this picture....

tumblr_n0zsq3rei01rzg30po10_1280.png

If something were to startle Lyra here, it could be painful for Bon Bon.

• Brohoof 2

Of course I would but I don't know how big beds they have in Equestria. Maybe I not fit in their beds... but if I'll have a possibility to sleep in the same bed as a Fluttershy I'll try somehow squeeze in.

I suppose it would depend on how large they are, in comparison to humans. If they are the size of horses, probably not. However it they are similar size to a dog, even a large dog, then I probably would. As it stands now however, plush ponies are rather nice to cuddle with, as is a dakimakura. While not the real thing, it is still nice to have something resembling a cute pony that you can hold close.

I would. Even though she has a horn, I would definitely want to sleep in the same bed as Rarity. Yes, I would want to cuddle, too. :D 

Unicorn horns aren't very sharp, and Applejack still has her eyes, and she slept in the same bed as Rarity. I mean I assume they fell asleep after they resolved the conflict. Rarity also likes to snuggle, and she never once accidentally stabbed someone with her horn. I'm sure she's safe unless I make her angry. Even then, I'm more likely to be nagged than stabbed.

• Brohoof 1

No thanks.

People seem to forget that, regardless of the fact that the character is someone you know of and 'care about', it is still a sentient thing that you have somehow come across. You wouldn't just straight hug a teletubby or one of the Kids Next Door, because the person / creature you are hugging likely has a sense of personal space and doesn't know you at all.

Know your limits, guys.  B) 

EDIT: Also, from a PR perspective, this kinda thing looks bad on the community, just so you know...

Edited by Sectus
  • Brohoof 3

No thanks.

People seem to forget that, regardless of the fact that the character is someone you know of and 'care about', it is still a sentient thing that you have somehow come across. You wouldn't just straight hug a teletubby or one of the Kids Next Door, because the person / creature you are hugging likely has a sense of personal space and doesn't know you at all.

EDIT: Also, from a PR perspective, this kinda thing looks bad on the community, just so you know...

This is definitely something that needs to be kept in mind. Thank you for wording it better than I ever could.

• Brohoof 2

While I can't speak for everyone who has replied to this topic, I think it is fair to say in the context of the OP (namely, you're in Equestria, there's no naughty stuff planned, and you're already best friends with the particular pony in question) that it is pretty innocent to sleep in the same bed with them.

I've shared a bed with some of my best friends during trips and nothing hinky went on and the world didn't bat an eyelash over it.  :)

• Brohoof 1