Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G1 Flutterponies?

ManaMinori

People who grew up with older gens of MLP might remember the seaponies, and wish for them to get an appearance in G4. Personally, I never liked the seaponies, and thd Flutterponies (fairy type ponies) have always been my favorites- and unlike the seaponies, the Flutter ponies got their own movie, and sorta sequel.

Think we'll ever see Flutterponies in G4?

• Brohoof 3

I doubt it as I think they evolved into what we now know as the Breezies, and aspects of them have also been integrated into FiM's concept of Pegasi. If I recall correctly the Flutterponies were kind of like a combination of Breezies and Pegasi. While they were among my favourite concepts in G1, I think they would be a little redundant. Rarity's dew drop wings in episode 16 might be a reference to them in addition to the obvious reference to Greek Mythology as I believe I remember the Flutterponies having fairy wings. Granted, I only saw G1 once and that was a while ago so my memory could be a little off.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, how this brings back memories of G1. To be honest, the breezies are probably the second closest that we will get to them.

I personally like the flutter ponies too and also how they have a sort of society on their own, a good contrast to the ever-friendly ponies at the castle by being more protective and distrusting. They have a different set of abilities that matches their fae inspired theme (from the naming to match flowers and their use of pollen)

Just like a few other ahead of me had said, the aspects that made flutter ponies unique have been divided and given out to the Pegasus and breezies. I like the decision to not have a world of just a mix and match of ponies cross insert-blank-here. Sea ponies are still unknown and the closest we seen is probably the sirens (in their proper form, not ponified forms). If flutter ponies were to be seen in the show, they would be probably the same classification as bat ponies.

I'd rather not. I don't like the concept of flutterponies, and honestly they seem redundant-- having a bunch of races that are essentially the same race but with a very minor change seems awkward.

Breezies and pegasi cause too much overlap with flutterponies, we should keep breezies as the spiritual successor to flutterponies. Plus, we have changelings for insect ponies!

I say bring them or use them a myth background pony!   Personally I did love them as a kid with the fairy wings and such!  Or who knows,  they might bring them back given the little girls would go all "OMG WE HAVE FAIRY PONIES!"  and Hasbro would make some money!

• Brohoof 2

• 7 months later...

Flutterponies? Are those like the breezies? I'm not sure i'm firmilier with them...wait. Didn't g3.5 kinda have one?

Flutterponies were G1 and were full-sized ponies with butterfly wings. Breezies were G3, and were fairy-style with the tiny size and the like.

G3.5 was... weird, as all the characters that had pegasis toys suddenly became flutterponies in the animations. The toys remained the same, it was just the animations that put butterfly wings on all the pegasi.

• 7 months later...

Flutter ponies had crystal looking wings, S.Wingers had the butterfly/fairy look.

S.Wingers are closest to breezies (btw, I really dislike that Breezies aren't a true pony).

Flutter ponies don't have a close comparison. Maybe a blend of all the winged varieties with a bit of crystal pony thrown in (but in a flowery spring field instead of the frozen north)?

Edited by Spootiepatootie

• 1 month later...

Actually there are more then minor differences between the species.

Flutter Ponies are the fairy types with translucent wings, they create magically powerful, gale-force winds called Utter Flutter and can't fly with their wings wet, they're slimmer and a little shorter then full sized G1s.

Wingers weren't in the show, I'm not sure if they were in the comics. They're baby pony sized, (that's roughly your standard G4 brushable size) with butterfly wings. I'm not sure if they had any powers.

Breezies debuted in G3. I'm not sure how small the originals are, having never seen them in stores. They have antenna and butterfly wings but they're strong enough to lift up a fully grown pony and they can fly with their wings wet. They also seem to have an affinity for gardening.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 1