Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think Cadance is a pretty Pony?

Azureth

As far as her design goes although she's all pink pretty much I still like her design and think she's a pretty Pony. I do know Faust did not want her to be pink, wonder what she originally wanted?

• Brohoof 2

I do know Faust did not want her to be pink, wonder what she originally wanted?

Replying just to give a random guess - Maybe white? Considering she's Celestia's niece (though they later made it so she's adopted), and Blueblood (being Celestia's actual blood relative as per Word of Faust) is white like Celestia.

(This is assuming the "adoptive" thing for Cadance was a later decision and that Cadance was originally supposed to be actually related like Blueblood)

I think so. While it may not be one of my favourite designs, I still think that it fits Cadance's personality, from the pastel colours to the curly mane. I mean, sure, pink doesn't fit her that well and I do respect Fausts' wishes, but considering how tight marketing can be, she should've expected that Cadance is going to be pink instead.

It's interesting to say, as Faust also originally wanted Cadance to be a Unicorn, but had to be an Alicorn by Hasbro to invoke that she's a princess and has higher authority.

• Brohoof 2

I think so. While it may not be one of my favourite designs, I still think that it fits Cadance's personality, from the pastel colours to the curly mane. I mean, sure, pink doesn't fit her that well and I do respect Fausts' wishes, but considering how tight marketing can be, she should've expected that Cadance is going to be pink instead.

It's interesting to say, as Faust also originally wanted Cadance to be a Unicorn, but had to be an Alicorn by Hasbro to invoke that she's a princess and has higher authority.

This always irked me: Princess platinum was a princess without being an alicorn after all, same with prince blueblood.

I get that they wanted to sell toys with Cadence because she was the big bread and butter little girls toy from S2 to S3's end, but still.

• Brohoof 2

She be pretty, yes. :3 I actually LOVE her color scheme, it is one of my favorites in the show. Sure, she is the stereotypes princess pink and all of that, but with the other colors that she has, it goes really well together. Plus I don't mind pink at all anyways.

• Brohoof 2

Cadance is really pretty (and just so happens to be my favorite color) and I love her wing gradients. I wonder if we'll ever see another pony with that. I also like the purple and yellow in her mane and tail as they work very well to offset the pink.

• Brohoof 1

Physically, yes. Cadance is very much beautiful. If she wasn't, she wouldn't be a very good Princess of Love.

Personality wise though, she's still as bland as ever. But I guess that's good enough for Shining Armor.

• Brohoof 2

Sunshine sunshine ladybugs awake! Clap your hooves and do a little shake! I mean yes she's very pretty. I enjoy her character and color scheme.

Edited by Ponyboat
  • Brohoof 1