Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Breaking Point

Lemon Slices

OoC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/135443-advanced-roleplaying-tbp-the-breaking-point/

Characters: Aria Rosewood (R.I.P)Cuddle CrescentLemon Slices, Enzo and Khris Renatta Quartz

Hmmm... I don't know if this is going to be good, said Slices, walking on the docks' platform. He needed to do some business in an island across the sea, about the colonization of new, fresh lands, with better lands to farm. Despite being an earth pony, Lemon does not know much of agriculture, or fighting, or... You got it, reader. That's why he is not going alone to the Far Lands.

Lemon became curious about the way he was about to cross the sea. They told him it was a ferry. Then he stopped. Is this safe? It's not like I like ferries, he said to himself, getting near the old, rusty vehicle. Looking behind him, he saw the other ones who was supposed to follow him. I hope they know what they are doing. Okay, relax, Lemon, it's just a trip. You will get bits, remember?

Edited by Lemon Slices
  • Brohoof 1

Gazing upon the immense wonder of engineering, a feeling of insignificance stole over her. She was not averse to the feeling; rather, it only served to heighten the awe she felt that such mechanical ingenuity could exist. Making a mental note to speak with the captain later regarding the inner-workings of the ship, she pulled herself out of her reverie and sauntered down the docks.

Aria Rosewood adored the thought of being on the water again. Having lived on an island for the past 23 years of her life, she was no novice on a boat, having spent many a lazy summer day sailing her own. This would be a different voyage, however; one to a distant land where there grew, purportedly, a new variety of rosewood tree. Upon hearing of this, Aria felt she would be remiss if she missed this opportunity to bring back a sample of this new wood, for its quality might make for a resplendent guitar.

Drawing up next to the ferry, she could now properly let the breeze and smell of the sea stimulate her senses. So strong an allure did they hold over her that she suspected she might just lose herself in them.

Yesshe mused, there shan't be a dull moment on this next grand adventure.

• Brohoof 2

Well... The area hasn't been explored by her... yet. Thinking the thought takes her back sometimes, how on her first adventures she'd think similar things. No, the exact same thing actually. But this journey to the place isn't as fun as she'd like it to be, travelling by sea isn't really for her... She usually sleeps out of boredom.

As she thinks all that, she looks up -turning a corner of a building- and sees the ferry... 'Wow.' She thought. 'It's huge! What the hay could be inside that giant monster of a machine' She now reconsiders the idea of taking a nap, and thinks of maybe exploring the ship later.

'Maybe this'll turn out to be a pretty exciting trip.' Cuddle thinks and smiles. Than she continues to walk towards the ship, putting her lower jaw back up to her upper jaw again first. 'It better be worth the bits I paid!'

(Sorry... I wrote in first person... I will start writing in third person to match both of yours :/

Edit: Got bored, so I fixed it :))

Edited by Overlord0909

"What? This lovely mare isn't supposed to be in this ship." Lemon thought, quietly, just staring at Cuddle, while she walks past him, towards the entrance. "Maybe she is confused... No, maybe I am the one who is confused. However, she must be the last one, if she belongs to the travel. Ah, why am I worrying about this? This is not my problem. I mean...Forget it."

He made a signal to the guard. He gave a signal back to Lemon. It was the time to go. "What awaits me there? I mean... When this little turnstile close, I will be going towards an unseen place... It's not the adventure... It's... What am I doing here? I need some mental help. Or food. Or some talk. Or not. Oh my gosh, I am so confused...."

Slices hates to be confused, but he can't help it... His paranoia is forcing him to go check the safeboats, but his mind is fighting against it. "It's safe, it's safe... Ah, I am getting some food."

Edited by Lemon Slices
  • Brohoof 1

As Cuddle walked up, she still felt so small, but it wasn't unusual for her to feel that way. She knew though that it's never been a problem when dealing with creatures, she still kicked behind, a necklace of Dragon teeth should help prove it... Though she had help from rare artifacts sometimes. That's why she decided to not bring any -even the super awesome power horseshoes she has- she wanted to prove she didn't need an weapon to kick butt.

'I'm probably more stallion than half of these guys... Yeah!' She often wonders if it was a genetic mistake that she was born a filly, not a colt. But, ponies often underestimate her now, so she gets the advantage still. That makes her happy to know.

Even though she knows she's not afraid, she just knows it'll still be a long lonely ride again. She sighs giving her mouth a break from smiling. As she does this, she enters feeling eyes on her... So it's going to be one of these trips again... Another sigh.

• Brohoof 1

The ship is closed now. A big noise suddenly made itself above the Almighty Sea. In Lemon's head, it means danger, but it's just the ferry's motors starting. Looking around him... It looks that they are the only ones on the huge ship... The green, the orange, and the red. Everything was so quiet... So quiet... "Quietness also means danger", Lemon said to himself. "Sound is life. Quiet is dead. Wait, I just created a catchphrase. Maybe in my next book, I would put this into the protagonist's speech. When I finally cross you" he pointed to the horizon, half afraid, half confident, talking with the huge amount of water beneath his feet. He walked into the back of the ferry, curious. "I can't believe this. What are this ship carrying? Maybe some supplies, since we need to colonize the Far Lands..."

Edited by Lemon Slices
  • Brohoof 1

Quick note: Khris is the sword and he speaks in yellow. Enzo is the pony/stag and speaks in Blue.

------------------------------------

Deep in the cargo hold, in one of those rusty metal containers. A figure stirred. The sound of the ship's engine starting resonated throughout the ship, rattling the metal containers and waking the white stag within. After stretching out a few kinks in his back, he stood up a shook himself off the numerous flakes of rust which had gathered on his coat during his slumber. he opened his eyes, revealing teal irises that shone with a thirst for adventure, contrasting strongly with the dank atmosphere of the container.

"The ship has begun it's journey. We made it"

The stag turned his head to the sentient sword, who's tassle was wrapped around his neck like a scarf. He unsheathed the sword and floated it in front of him with his magic, examining it.

"We should try to blend in with the crew. Or perhaps the passengers. That way we wouldn't need to bother with altering the duty roster"

The stag walked over to the entrance to the container. Sliding Khris in the gap between the doors, he brought the sword down with a mighty swing, slicing through the locking mechanisms in a burst of sparks.

"We should find supplies first. I don't understand your thirst for adventure, but i can feel it in my metal: a great one awaits us."

The stag threw open the doors of the container, stepping out and taking in the slightly fresher air of the cargo hold. He scanned the room for security: to which he found none. He donned his signature grin, his eyes sparkling in anticipation of the journey ahead.

"Let's do this."

Edited by Guest

Everypony was being told to head down to the lower levels, so Cuddle started heading down with the group. She looked at the texture and type of metal... She didn't know her names, but she knew it was very strong and very light. Could be steel... They also look thick. 'Cool. This could be used in a war... Well, the thought of Equestria having a war is not a serious one, usually.

Cuddle shakes her head, focusing on her surroundings. There was barely any talking, other than the excited chirps from other ponies in front of her -right now, the ferry ride is about the only thing to be excited about, and the destination too.

Cuddle gave a yawn, this was so boring to her. In her boredom, she didn't ask any questions about why they were going downstairs to the lower levels and what is the sleeper ng arrangements. No pony did yet, they just were all excited.

Edited by Overlord0909

Finally freed from the confusion and paranoia, Lemon took a deep breath.

A voice came from a speaker. The voice, robotic, told everybody to get inside. He didn't want to get in the lower floor for a minute, but when a pegasus sailor flew in his direction and told him to go, Slices agreed and ran into the door. A noise of two metals beating each other, and a screechy creaking sound almost made him walk backwards. "Ah, it must be somepony checking the containers. We're fine", and continued his way into the door.

Lemon wasn't the last one to enter. "Hey, I don't remember you. Where was you?", he asked the white unicorn, with his sword. A spark of confusion was coming, but not that it would start another flame. I hope Slices won't get ridiculous again.

Edited by Lemon Slices
  • Brohoof 1

Enzo appraised the extremely green pony that stood before him who was blocking his path to the lower levels.

"Hey, I don't remember you. Where was you?, asked the green earth pony.

"We could probably take him on in a fight, but we don't want to reveal ourselves too early. We need an alibi... Got it. Repeat after me:"

With Khris mentally guiding Enzo's speech, the stag said:

"Terribly sorry, sir. I'm with..."

Catching a glimpse of a mare's yellow and pink tail turning a corner, Enzo thought quickly and continued:

"...the fair lady ahead. You see, she is indeed my special somepony and i plan to propose to her at the islands. It would be such a beautiful scene. Me, kneeling before her as the sun sets, the brilliant orange mirroring the flame in her cheeks as she says the magic word."

Enzo half squatted, such that he slightly below head level of the stallion.

"So i beg of you, allow me to pass. I hold no ill will towards you, and it would be my greatest wish to have that fair mare as my eternal spouse. Would you be one to bar me from my one true love?"

Enzo looked up at the stallion with wide eyes, tears brimming at the bottom. Unfortunately, his antlers kiiinda bonked Lemon on the chin, slightly ruining the moment. He waited in bated breath for his response.

" nice one kid, you completely ignored me"

Edited by Guest

Cuddle sneezed. 'Somepony must be talking about me... Why?' She shrugged and kept walking past, catching a glimpse of a green pony and one white unicorn with antlers... 'Wait, antlers? And is that a sword? It's definitely not a rare sword.' She stopped for a moment and a cha-ching noise went off in her brain. 'What if it is... Time to recon the situation.' She thinks.

Cuddle added a small bounce to her hoof steps and put on her biggest smile, and walked towards the two.

She did not much like fraternizing. It was not that she bore any ill-will towards others inherently. It was merely the idea of the inevitable, roundabout waltz of social graces. One pony asks another a question so trivial, that it should not have been warranted as a thought in the first place. Then comes the elaborate response by the other who clearly enjoys discussing themselves in detail, perhaps born of some deep-seated narcissism. Once again, another inevitable step results in the form of reciprocation, and the cycle repeats itself from there, at length. So when she spied a small group coalescing near the cargo hold, she promptly proceeded towards her quarters, instead.

After a few minutes of persiflage with one of the ship's engineers, time considered well-spent, Aria managed to locate the room to which she had been assigned. Upon opening the door, she was startled to find how capacious it was; certainly much larger that the cabin on her old sailboat to which she was accustomed. It was also surprisingly inviting. A dresser, complete with vanity mirror, had upon it a freshly prepared bowl of various fruits.The carpet spanning the floor was reminiscent of the deep blue hue of the sea, along with a patterned print resembling the waves. On each wall hung a painting, each painting depicting some modern, abstract style with which she was not familiar. A white, immaculate, queen-sized bed was centered against the wall opposite the door. Over the bed was a circular window, giving a view of a most bedazzling sunset, in turn giving the room in which she stood an enchanting, orange glow.

Sitting down upon the bed, which, it turned out, was softer than the feathers of a pegasus, she removed from her back a cumbersome case. Withdrawing from it her hand-crafted, rosewood guitar, she set about to her day's practice. She could not help but admire the haunting beauty of one of Franciscolt Tarrega's most famous pieces, amplified, it seemed by the inherent charm of the room. On she played, losing herself in the almost hypnotic melody, awaiting whatever time the food was to be presented.

Edited by Wubtavia
  • Brohoof 2

"So I beg of you, allow me to pass. I hold no ill will towards you, and it would be my greatest wish to have that fair mare as my eternal spouse. Would you be one to bar me from my one true love?"

Cold, and sharp, like a razor blade, these words were the perfect ones to make him feel shameful. Standing in front of a model of masculine beauty, Lemon's body was thin, his hair was messy, his eyes... Wasn't shining so brightly as Enzo's. He didn't even need to see Cuddle's image. In any situation, he would get any mare, and Slices... Wouldn't get even a cold.

"...Oh... I'm sorry. I'm very sorry, where are my manners?! Look, please... " Lemon sped up his breath, "Forgive me. I shouldn't be putting my muzzle in others' business", and went backwards. As soon as his body turned back to the corridor that leads to the rooms, one of the doors softly closed. Calm down, calm down. Well, he picked the second door. He was very, very sad from that words. Lemon wasn't mad with Enzo... He was mad with the fact that it doesn't matter if it's true or not, the words "True Love", said before him... He slammed his door shut.

• Brohoof 2

Enzo breathed a sigh of relief as the Green stallion turned away. He turned to continue his journey to the cabins, when he caught sight of the same mare he had previously dubbed as his 'spouse'. After taking a quick glance to ensure that the green earth pony was no longer in sight, he began to casually walk down the corridoor when....

"Enzo... Shes.. BEAUTIFUL. Go talk to her"

"We don't even know her!"

"Exactly, this is your chance to get a marefriend!"

"You just want to see her more often, don't you"

"Absolutely not! I have your best interests at heart!" If swords could flutter their eyelids, Khris surely would have done by now.

"*sigh*, you only live once anyway. We''ll just be friends with her, if she doesn't like use, we back off, ok?"

"Of course"

Enzo swore he could feel Khris drooling.

Steeling himself, he walked up to the mare

"Hello there fair lady" @overlord0909 ( how do i tag people???)

(This is how -minus the ?'s- [?member?=insertnamehere])

Cuddle acts as if she just noticed him. "Oh! Hello there. Thanks..." She gives him a blush and than looks him over again. 'Yep... Weird how he has antlers... FAIR LADY! Bleh... But whatever for now... Now that sword is my concern.'

She stops walking and gives a curious look. "You have a sword... Sorry if it's rude to ask, but um... Why? And what is it? I've never seen anything like it." She blinks, waiting for an answer.

"Ohmygod she noticed me! she noticed me! asodwofl3rwfewfkwbleag she totally has a thing for swords!" 

Khris's 'eye' had probably turned into a heart there and then.

"Oh, my sword, umm, it's a family heirloom.It saved my father's life, and his before his, and his before his.... We don't go back that long."]

Enzo esamined the mare

"look at that hot bod"

"By the way, nice mane"

Cuddle flipped it aside for effect and said. "Thank you!" She thinks quickly, 'Didn't even bother to brush it today!' And resumes, "Your antlers look, lovely too. In fact, I've never seen a pony with those before. Are you actually a unicorn? Or another species?" Cuddle has seen weird at it's best before... So weird Cuddle can't explain them.

"I'm.... not sure, actually."

Enzo furrowed his brow in thought. Nobody had ever asked Enzo this before, so he never needed to know

"All i know is that i'm have the antlers of a stag and the powers of a unicorn, with a stronger attunement to nature and natural magic"

"Hey, what about the sexy beast down here! oh, wait"

Cuddle nodded. "That must suck not knowing what you are exactly, but it gives you the adventure to find yourself though." Cuddle remembered her mission again, and glanced back at the sword. 'A family heirloom... Great, how will I get that? And is it worth it? Hm...' She thought than said. "Well though, I have to say, you're not the only unique thing I've seen today. What does the sword do other than obviously cut? Is it valuable in any sense to you? Oh, and did you name it?" So many questions buzzed in her head. Cuddle loved weapons, almost as much as bits and adventure.

"SENPAI NOTICED MEEE *squeeee*"

Enzo unsheathed Khris and waved it in front of Cuddle.

"Oh, he's nothing much. His value is more... sentimental"

Enzo cursed his slip of tongue under his breath.

"She's looking at the sword funny.. She's up to something."

Enzo back to her and spoke:

"You seem oddly fascinated by weapons for a lady, say, do you carry any of your own?"

Edited by Guest

Realizing that he's catching on to her hidden personality, she backs off. "What? Me?! Never... I was just curious. I have seen a lot of things, and they used to not be known by me, until I questioned about them."

She did best at a reassuring smile to go with her lame back-off. 'I hope this one isn't that observant or pressuring... If there's no value, than I'm wasting my time.' After that last thought, she said to Enzo, "Sorry... I should probably figure out where my stay is." She tips her head respectfully. "Thank you for the chat. I hope to see you again!" She bounces away from his questioning figure.

Edited by Overlord0909

"Nooo she's going away!!!"

"Suck it up, romeo, we probably never had a chance anyway"

Enzo watched on as the mare walked to her cabin when he realised...

"We don't have a cabin..."

"Well, we could always sleep on the couch, maybe there's one in the *cough* mare's *cough* cabin."

"Well, this should be interesting"

Enzo sprinted up and used his telekinesis to tap Cuddle on the should for attention

"Hey, wait up! Could i sleep on your couch? I lost the keys to my cabin."

Cuddle thought they were done there... But, "Um... Couldn't you perhaps find a stallion's cabin to share. I'm sort of a mare, and you're not." She knew that there's really nothing wrong, because it's not like anything could happen... At the same time though, it could.

She may not like this pony all the way, he seemed nice enough. She sighed. "Never mind. You can sleep on the couch. No problem!" She smiled yet again. And montioned for him to enter when ready.

'And if he did try anything, I could slice him in half with his own blade, than break it in half.' The thought made her smile with more meaning.

Edited by Overlord0909

Enzo was NOT expecting the mare to accept. He was monetarily stunned. 

"She actually.. invited me in? Khris, are you sure you can't use your mind control spells as a sword?"

"Nope."

Breaking out of his stupor, he thanked Cuddle and walked into the cabin.It was not very well furnished, but it still had a couch.

It was still better than a metal container.

He sat down and set khris next to him. Turning to the mare:

"Say, we didn't formerly introduce ourselves,i am Enzo, and who do i owe this act of kindness to?"

"On a side note, could you 'accidentally' leave me in the bathroom?"

Cuddle walked in the center of the room, and than looked at her small bed. 'Beats a Dragon's cave' She than hears the introduction. "Oh! Forgive me! I forgot to introduce myself earlier as well. I'm Cuddle Crescent, you can owe it to me." She says her name with pride, though it sounds so weak, it gives her strength too. The strength to destroy labels! It's not a big thing though, she'll label other ponies sometimes...

She giggles, "But it was my pleasure to help a poor soul. Now, I was thinking of taking a nap. But now that you're here, is there anything you'd like to talk about?" Cuddle likes her naps, but finding information on other ponies is important. Especially if they're gonna be in the same room as you.