Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Breaking Point

Lemon Slices

Enzo stood back and let cuddle do the talking.

Cuddle looked up to see insanely green stallion again. 'It's him from earlier...' She spoke up first. "You don't need to know about the fight. It's over, but the glass..." She was still flabbergasted. "It didn't break..." Cuddle had thoughts. But she didn't know if the others would listen, at least not now. "Do you know what's up?" She said, without looking at Lemon.

He swaited along cuddle for the answer, his mind lingering to the magic shield that prevented them from esccaping.

"Could someone else be preventing us from escaping?"

"Unlikely, most of the people we piss off don't know how to create magic shields, and that guard captain doesn't seem to be the type that presses an offence"

Renatta suddenly fell on the floor, in fetal position, crying. "Oh no... It's them... They want to catch me.... Oh no..."

"What happened... What happened, Renatta?! Listen, listen... There's nopony here. It's just we four. Okay?"

She refused for trying to listen, and continued in fetal position. "Please... Could somepony help me?? I...I... Oh, they caught me. NO, NO, I don't want this, I don't want this! Pleeeeeease..."

Lemon just had an idea. "Maybe... Maybe she is in hypnosis... Anypony got an idea???"

Edited by Lemon Slices
  • Brohoof 1

Cuddle looked with some sort of understanding. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but she's saying stuff about somepony trying to get her..." Cuddle looked towards the windows. The thought may be mad to say now, not enough proof. "Oh well, it doesn't matter. Mentality is something I learned to control myself with long ago. I'd say let it come to pass." She sits down, and sighs heavily. "To think I was in a good mood today..." She mumbles, loud enough to be heard.

Enzo got bored of waiting, wandering down the halls alone again, he started looking for the ship's kitchen. They would need to scavenge for basic supplies if they wanted any hope of escaping.

After a glance at the ship's map, he turned down an extremely dimly lit hall to find a slightly rusted metal door, conveniently labeled 'kitchen'. 

"Ya know, a dimly lit hall and a rusty door doesn't look ominous at all."

"Well, we don't exactly have a choice, do we?"

Steeling himself, the stag timidly pushed the metal door.

It didn't budge.

Frowning to himself, he pushed a little harder, but the door held still.

"Ah, buck it."

The stag unsheathed Khris and cut a hole in the door.Kicking out the circular cut-out, he went through the hole only to find..

"Absolutely nothing."

The stag trotted in a brisk pace around the room, whipping open cupboards, refridgerators, in search of edibles, canned food, dried fruit, anything at all.

The stag's search became more frantic, overturning pots and pans, until, he kiiinnda snapped.

"MOTHERBUCKER!"

The stag grabbed a table with his telekinesis and threw it into a wall in frustration, creating a cloud of dust, plaster and bits of table flying everywhere. He breathed heavily as he attempted to calm himself down.

"Seriously?! Death by starvation? I'm not even Zerbrican!"

"Calm down, look at the wall again"

Taking a deep breath, the stag turned back to the wall which had been graced with a thrown table, to see a gaping hole, bits of plaster still dangling around it.

Looking into the inky darkness, Enzo ignited khris and threw him into the mare-sized hole, illuminating it's halls and revealing a chamber. The stag's eyes widened at what he saw.

Raising his voice, Enzo called out: "Guys, you have to see this."

Renatta was still in the sudden hypnosis state. Lemon thought about the best way to release someone from illusion.

"Ahn.... Ah! Like what the magicians do in shows!"

Remembering how the magicians free their volunteers from hypnosis spells, with a simple clap of hooves, Lemon clapped as well. But it didn't worked. "Would she need some higher sound?", he asked.

"AH! They are here again!"

Realizing that she couldn't see nothing in that position, Slices finally realized:

"She is convincing herself that they are here. Hey Renatta..."

"What?" she asked back.

"They are gone. Since a very long time. They are dead, I guess. This ship is too old."

Renatta opened her eyes. Got up.

"What was I doing? My head feels dizzy."

"I don't know. But this doesn't-"

"MOTHERBUCKER!"

((*Blam!*))    -Amazing sound effects, by Micolt Bay, BTW.

They two looked at him. "Why is he nervous?", "Well, I don't know. I've been taking care of you for a minute and a half! How was I supposed to know that?"

"Seriously? Death by starvation? I'm not even Zerbrican!"

"He screams too loud. My ears hurt."

"Shhh, he has a talking sword, I'm trying to hear"

Enzo walked towards the debris of the destruction, and looked inside the gap. As he turned his face back, his eyes couldn't tell the others about something good. The rest of his face also. Then his face gave the finishing result:

"Guys, you have to see this."

No words came after that. He just stopped for three brief seconds. Slices' mind was still processing the previous informations, so he stopped as well, and the brief seconds grew. Renatta ran to the gap, curious, unstopped. "What is there? What is there?"

"What is this room, anyway?" Slices said loudly, still not seeing inside of the room from far.

"There are... Paintings. A mess of books and- Oh." Renatta stared at a shining lilac spear, and somepony getting up, behind a wooden box.

Edited by Lemon Slices
  • Brohoof 1

Awilix opened her week eyes in fear as the wall breaked. 'Could it be?Did she comed to rescue my?' Awilix thinked as she jumped back from behind a wooden box "Go...." She started as she seen couple of ponys in the opening in the wall. She whanted to contineu but she knowed thet they were not the champions of her Godess - it was too many of them. Awilix shaked her head and looked at three ponys, for a moment she hesitated to speak, but then she realised thet if she looked week maybie they will just kill her and move on. And so she made a hoove step forvered and almost yelled "So are you here to finish her job?Go ahead give my your best shot!" Awilix was scared but tryed her best not to show it.

• Brohoof 1

Cuddle heard the ruckus, and walked in to see a mare standing her ground. 'Well...' Cuddle thought. 'What is going on?' Her outer personality is a thing of the past now. "What the hay is going on here? What did you say or do to her? Or is the other way around?" She couldn't decide if this was a to-be fight, or just a weird encounter... Well not too weird, since there was way more then four ponies on board of course.

Enzo blinked as the mare poked out her head behind the box.

"How did she- Where did- whaaat????"

"So are you here to finish her job?Go ahead give my your best shot!" Awilix was scared but tryed her best not to show it.

"Erm, i think there is a misunderstanding here, uh, we aren't here to kill you. So, uh, friends?"

"Hold up, she looks familiar... I swear i've seen that face before. Let me see her cutie mark"

"Come on, don't be shy, after all, we're all on the same BOAT, eh?"

We could hear a giggle uttered somewhere, muffled. It was Renatta. When she looked back to her partner, she met serious eyes, and a hoof raising to the muzzle. "Ssshhhhh""Ah, Mr. Slices, stop that. It was a good joke, wasn't it?..." Everypony was face-hoofing. "Better be quiet, young lady.", he said, facehoofing as well. "Actually," Slices said, looking at the new mare, "It's quite good that we have somepony new in the crew, but something really frighten me... Why the actual hay were you stuck in that room? I mean, you could die of starvation! Where is the actual way out, Renatta?"  "There are... Wait... Lemon... Lemon, I am afraid to say that... " She started to hunt a door in the walls, failing to do so. "There would be no way out... She... She... " Renatta's voice started to die, her eyes filled themselves with water, and she finally hid her face saying a phrase, low, although it could be heard. "She would be stuck..."

"Forever."

Edited by Lemon Slices
  • Brohoof 1

"You would like thet to lower my guard huh?" Awilix said as bravest as she posibly could to Enzo. "Whay would I tell you?You probaby already know whay!" Awilix onces again said,she then think thrt she should beter go with them as she may not make out of this alive but then she heard one pony said she will be stack here for ever - at thet point she relaised thet this one just whant to use her,so he must be even worst then thos light guards who traped her. Awilix looked at Renato and said "Whay do you think I will be willing to 'help' you and get stuck here because of it?!"

Edited by Primordus
  • Brohoof 1

Cuddle shook her head. "What? Who are you exactly? Why are you here?" Cuddle saw the look in her eyes, confusion. 'Well... Looks like we are all in the same boat metaphorically as well.' Cuddle smiled nicely. "You know what? Forget the questions. If you really think we're somepony we're not, we can leave if you want." After a thought, "Unless you're paranoid enough to think we'll sneak up on you later. Even if we were, telling you now wouldn't help now would it?" Cuddle felt like she said somewhat the right words, and was hoping the other ponies would be smart enough to comply.

Edited by Overlord0909

Awilix did not whant to stey all alone again,but after hearing thet mare she had knowen they will turn on her sooner or later - but now thet she knowed thet,she could be step ahead of them."N-no...dont go..." Awilix started with week and quait voice "...i-il go with....y-you."

• Brohoof 1

"This is getting ridiculous. We are running on a clock right now, no food or water. We don't have time for games"

The stag hated to say it, but he agreed with his companion. Steadying his gaze, he looked the mare in the eye

"Listen.. uh.. Whoever you are. I would welcome you to the crew but unfortunately we do not have the luxury of time. Join the group, we will do introductions on the go."

Khris flicked on his fire enchantment, illuminating the cave more brightly than before, illuminating the gaping, inky blackness of the cave behind Awilix.

"I'll start. I'm Enzo. My species is currently unknown, most ponies refer to me as a stag and unicron hybrid, quite frankly, i don't know."

The stag took a step forward and motioned for the others to follow.

Edited by Guest

'Quait frankly I dont care.' Awilix thinked as she soft smailed at Enzo as he finished talking.Awilix now thet there was some kaid of ligh in the room,was not scared so much - but yet she could not let her guard down."My name is Awilix." She said trying not to show anny fear in her words "I am preises of the moon." Awilix thinked on spot,trying to show thet she is stronger thet she actuly is.

Edited by Primordus
  • Brohoof 1

Lemon just stared at them.

"Team?" "Team", Renatta answered, smiling at his face. He didn't listen anything from that conversation.

"Well, looks like... Oh, the safe place..."

Renatta looked at Awilix one more time, paying attention at her cutie mark. She didn't felt good at the moment, and her face just made Lemon ask her if is she doing alright. "I think these friends we've got are already my safe place, but thanks anyway for the help, Mr. Slices", she answered, with a bit of feelings' exploiting. She already found out, but Lemon don't know that calling his surname followed by "Mister" fills him with a feeling of pride. Something subconscious that Renatta is just learning to exploit. And something in her mind appeared. Didn't look like an actual thought coming from her own conclusions:

"He is weak."

"I know", she thought, as if she was answering to her own thought. Actually, talking with self is uncommon and awkward, but thinking with self is even more uncommon. Renatta's thought conversation made her lose what was going on, in other words, Lemon's conversation with Enzo.

"You can convince everypony. You just got awareness of theirs' weaknesses. It will be easy for you to get the weaknesses of the others, you just need time."

An evil grin made itself under her white muzzle.

"How much time?" "How much time, say to me!"

She didn't realize her last thought wasn't actually in her head.

"What time, Renatta?", said Slices, and everypony there, looking at her, silent.

"Forget it. I was… I was… Talking about how long would it take to… Oh, my head is so sore…" and then she pretended she was with a headache. Create a story from nothing is too hard, even for a day-dream.

Edited by Lemon Slices
  • Brohoof 1

Cuddle looked at the ponies around, feeling the most sane in the room now. 'Everypony's weird here... Maybe I am too...' Cuddle noticed Renetta slip while standing perfectly fine a moment ago. 'She's an odd one... I need to keep my eye on her. I am starting to get an eerie feeling...' She returned her attention to the largest happening in the room. "I'm Cuddle Crescent, I am a traveller pony who has been on many adventures, faced demonic creatures, dragons, hydras, you name it." Cuddle gave a smug look. "Yeah, I'm pretty awesome."

Awilix listen to the Cuddle,after listen to her bragging she thinked thet if all thet was true,she could be good help in this dark hole - or beter said good pony shield if some thing unexpected come up.But Awilix to survive easyer,she should act like she was hurt,and so as Cuddle finished.Awilix smailed and moving slow towered the others,trying not to stend on her front left hoove,she tryed to act like it hurted her but did not whant to say noting about it,so she dont look too week and so insted she started with warm and quait voice "S-So,do you know were should we move from here?"

• Brohoof 1

@,  

"Well, there is only one way to go"

The stag turned to the cave entrance and trotted into it's gapin, dark hole, motioning for others to follow. A flaming Khris acted as a torch, illuminating the walls, which were lined with thousands upon thousands of characters in an unknown language.

SDRAWKCAB DELLEPS GNIEB SDROW

The stag stopped, directing attention to the markings on the walls. He asked his crew

"Do you think these words mean anything?"

Edited by Guest

Lemon wouldn't hear his voice. Actually, one could say the couple were too deviant from the situation. But what caught their attention was the noise of the sudden flame, and obviously the orange and yellow light. While Lemon asked himself how could such trick be achieved, Renatta just stared at the fire, surprised. "Fire is such a beautiful thing", she said with wide-opened eyes, and her mind deviating from reality again. In other words, a daydream. But Enzo needed their attention again, because something uncommon appeared, and to such a small group there, anypony should have some very distinct quirks that would help the team...

But if there was a quirk that would help, it wouldn't come from Lemon or Renatta. The symbols in the now illuminated wall would mean nothing. A basic pattern could be seen by anypony, but the situation would be still unanswerable at the moment. However, the feeling that something is uncovered, mixed with the sensation of being repulsed by the impossibility from understanding that, gave Lemon, in the end, a null feeling, of vagueness.

• Brohoof 1

Cuddle looked at the writing with some remembrance of the look... 'Wait a second... Where have I seen this?' She thought hard into her past. Nothing came to mind other then the vague idea. "I think I've seen these before..." She said out loud by accident, maybe getting their hopes up for an answer. "But I don't know it off the top of my head right now! I truly wish I did. But I have a good bet that it relates to summoning or cursing." That was a sure thought.

As Awilix almost jumped on three hooves,she was litle angry as not a single pony in room asked her about to help her walk,or even ask for what happen.But she hiden anger sbehaind small but cute and warm fake smaile."So what are you going to do onces we get out of this dark place...friends " Awilix asked as she tryed to make some small talk - in hope she will see to who she would get close and to who she would keep eye on.

• Brohoof 1

Cuddle's words lightened up Lemon's heart. He was seeking for hope in every single word of hers. But as she finished the speech, so his hope did. But his mind did not went into vagueness. Why? There was an information that his mind caught.

"...But I have a good bet that it relates to summoning or cursing..."

Several questions hit his mind, but they were the same. He then several answers were created as well, but they were useless, as they were just there to try to make him stop thinking about it. He needed to stop it. As he decided to stop, her eyes searched for a new thing to get entertainment. That's how he reached Awilix's eyes.

Two strong, pink irises. Although she was in the bottom of the hole, her eyes could still reflect the light coming from the outside, and the light coming from the spear. She was just in time for her to say something.

"What are you going to do after you leave this dark place... Friends..."

Lemon smiled at the last word, that seemed to highlight itself. "Friends... I love this word. It makes me feel engaged in something. Well, we need to get out of here. Let's find some way out, maybe the same we three got here.", and with a signal, he invited everypony out of that room. He looked at Renatta, and clapped his hooves, just to wake her up. Her state of deviance was getting quite often, like his.

• Brohoof 1

"What are you going to do after you leave this dark place... Friends..."

"Me? I'm going to take another ferry to the damn island, I think i know which travel agency not to trust now" , Enzo chuckled weakly.

"As much as I would tell everypony to not get their hopes up, it's good to have a little light in this endless darkness"

"Endless? Oh man, don't be so pessimistic"

The stag resumed his normal pace once more, his makeshift torch illuminating the walls as he walked on. 

Soon, the scriptures turned into murals, coloured in with faded colours, a thick coating of dust clingling desperately onto the walls, obscuring most of the mural. Frowning, Enzo tried to scrape off some of the dust with Khris.

He forgot to turn off the fire enchantment.

Enzo's eye widened in shock as the dust caught fire, quickly igniting and burning away the entire layer of dust bit by bit in an expanding circle of fire. His surprise was only amplified when he saw the rest of the mural.

"Sweet celestia's plot..."

Cuddle brought her attention back to Awilix, her mind seemed to have gone astray. "Me? I'd go back my travelling in the chaos realm. It was less unpredictable than here." She smiled at her slight joke. As she waited for a response, Enzo walked in the lead.

He caught the dust on the wall on fire. "What the hay are ya doing!" Cuddle said flabbergasted. Than she noticed the mural. "Oh... This is more of an adventure than I'd thought it'd be. And quite an odd discovery."

Awilix soft smaile decapired as she started to think 'The frst pony (Lemon) never given my a true answer - he can be a wild card.I should keep eye on him.Second one (Enzo) made a joke out of it - he sould be trusted but im not fully sure,after all I see his race for a frst time.The lest one (Cuddle) sounds strong on words,but words dont have to be true all the time.I should try to see doeas thos words are true.' Awilix made another small jump and at this point was close to other and did not have to walk anny more.As thos strange words on wall change in this new strange mural Awilix made a question thet sliped from her maind and insted said it "What doeas this have to do with annything?Whay is this here?" but yet it was not like she was asking annyone.It looked like she was talking to her self.

• Brohoof 1