Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 5 Part 2 is Coming Out Soon!

best poni

I am so hyped! There are so many things that could happen this season. I'm personally hoping that the CMC will get their cutie marks, but I'm guessing that might cause some controversy. :( Other than that, I'm excited to see what happens with the cutie map, though too bad Twilight doesn't seem to get to go anywhere for a while.

• Brohoof 3

Yes! I'm happy, too!

...but it won't change anything with the current horse-drama- whatever!

And 2 Rarity-episodes! o.O @ooBrony will be honored! This is your shoutout! ^-^

I am so hyped! There are so many things that could happen this season. I'm personally hoping that the CMC will get their cutie marks, but I'm guessing that might cause some controversy. :( Other than that, I'm excited to see what happens with the cutie map, though too bad Twilight doesn't seem to get to go anywhere for a while.

That is happening next season.  :ph34r:

Edited by FizzyGreen
  • Brohoof 1

I agreed with you, but I don't want the CMC to get their marks, if they do, I'll ragequit the fandom if they get it.

Alright, so we get another situation with Twilight wanting to go on a buttmark mission, but being shut down.
Given how this seems to be a running theme, I'm 100% expecting the finale to be like Twilight's kingdom, in that its going to be a twilight episode instead of a mane six episode like how Twilight's kingdom was Twilight's key episode and pushed the other 5 into the background for most of it.

The fact that they keep building up twilight wanting a mission and responsibility makes me think they're trying to set up, via omission of her from other butt mark missions, her mission as being super special.
That and Starlight glimmer stalking twilight and the animation they show'd with her personally confronting Twilight is making me think Twilight's not going to get a buttmark until the finale and that's what the finale is.

Alright, so we get another situation with Twilight wanting to go on a buttmark mission, but being shut down.

Given how this seems to be a running theme, I'm 100% expecting the finale to be like Twilight's kingdom, in that its going to be a twilight episode instead of a mane six episode like how Twilight's kingdom was Twilight's key episode and pushed the other 5 into the background for most of it.

The fact that they keep building up twilight wanting a mission and responsibility makes me think they're trying to set up, via omission of her from other butt mark missions, her mission as being super special.

That and Starlight glimmer stalking twilight and the animation they show'd with her personally confronting Twilight is making me think Twilight's not going to get a buttmark until the finale and that's what the finale is.

We have already seen the cold open to 525, and it doesn't lend itself to Twilight getting a map mission. By process of elimination, since we already had RD and Pinkie go to Griffonstone, and Rarity and AJ are going to Manehatten soon, Twilight's pairing will be with Fluttershy. What we know about Fluttershy in S5 is we'll see her brother. So let's look at the upcoming episodes:

14 - Canterlot Boutique - fashin hros episode

15 - Rarity Investigates - fashin hros episode

16 - Made in Manehatten - another fashin hros episode

17 - Scare Master - halloween themed

18 - Brotherhooves Social - brothers, eh?

19 - Crusaders of the Lost Mark - CMC

20 - The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows - Ponka episode 

21 - Hearthbreakers - Christmas themed

22 - What About Discord? - probably Discord/Fluttershy

23 - The Hooffields and McColts - some weird themed episode

24 - The Mane Attraction - the adult blank flank

25 - The Cutie Remark Part 1 - Starlight gives Biff the Grey's Sports Almanac

26 - The Cutie Remark Part 2

By process of elimination, Twilight's friendship episode is 518 with Fluttershy. They'll probably have to resolve some sort of conflict with Fluttershy's brother.

The "Top secret" screams of Cadance having a baby.

That would be 520, "The One where Pinkie Pie knows"

We have already seen the cold open to 525, and it doesn't lend itself to Twilight getting a map mission. By process of elimination, since we already had RD and Pinkie go to Griffonstone, and Rarity and AJ are going to Manehatten soon, Twilight's pairing will be with Fluttershy. What we know about Fluttershy in S5 is we'll see her brother. So let's look at the upcoming episodes:

14 - Canterlot Boutique - fashin hros episode

15 - Rarity Investigates - fashin hros episode

16 - Made in Manehatten - another fashin hros episode

17 - Scare Master - halloween themed

18 - Brotherhooves Social - brothers, eh?

19 - Crusaders of the Lost Mark - CMC

20 - The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows - Ponka episode 

21 - Hearthbreakers - Christmas themed

22 - What About Discord? - probably Discord/Fluttershy

23 - The Hooffields and McColts - some weird themed episode

24 - The Mane Attraction - the adult blank flank

25 - The Cutie Remark Part 1 - Starlight gives Biff the Grey's Sports Almanac

26 - The Cutie Remark Part 2

By process of elimination, Twilight's friendship episode is 518 with Fluttershy. They'll probably have to resolve some sort of conflict with Fluttershy's brother.

The "Top secret" screams of Cadance having a baby.

That would be 520, "The One where Pinkie Pie knows"

I just have a hard time seeing Fluttershy's brother as actually being something important enough to warrant a map episode unless fluttershy's brother is akin to Shining armor in importance in the world.

the lost treasure of griffonstone had them journeying to griffonstone due to a problem it had, and Gilda was left behind to be the solution. Fluttershy's brother being important enough to help an entire town seems strange, especially since he'd be just newly introduced, yeah? :/

That being said, I guess we'll see: Fixing up a theater with cocoa is apparently incredibly important to manehattan after all.

I just have a hard time seeing Fluttershy's brother as actually being something important enough to warrant a map episode unless fluttershy's brother is akin to Shining armor in importance in the world.

the lost treasure of griffonstone had them journeying to griffonstone due to a problem it had, and Gilda was left behind to be the solution. Fluttershy's brother being important enough to help an entire town seems strange, especially since he'd be just newly introduced, yeah? :/

That being said, I guess we'll see: Fixing up a theater with cocoa is apparently incredibly important to manehattan after all.

Gilda isn't important to anyone but them, but she got a map mission, as is Coco, like you said, so Fluttershy's brother definitely qualifies.

Gilda isn't important to anyone but them, but she got a map mission, as is Coco, like you said, so Fluttershy's brother definitely qualifies.

But its not just about spreading friendship to mane six's friends, the missions "friends" also have to be important to the world at large in addition to the mane six. Like the map didn't send them on a mission to fix up things with Twilight's old friends, since that wouldn't affect the world at large, only twilight and her old friends lives.

I think the map only sends them on missions that will affect the world, and leaves the main six alone to deal with smaller friendship problems without guidance.

But its not just about spreading friendship to mane six's friends, the missions "friends" also have to be important to the world at large in addition to the mane six. Like the map didn't send them on a mission to fix up things with Twilight's old friends, since that wouldn't affect the world at large, only twilight and her old friends lives.

I think the map only sends them on missions that will affect the world, and leaves the main six alone to deal with smaller friendship problems without guidance.

That just means we can expect Flutershy's bro to have some sort of importance on a level between Gilda and Coco.

I agreed with you, but I don't want the CMC to get their marks, if they do, I'll ragequit the fandom if they get it.

Oh come on, you don't really mean that? Besides, you should be happy for them to get them. :)

That's a bit excessive. I mean, why shouldn't their character growth conclude in the series?

Oh well. I hope they get them eventually. This is the cutie mark magic season and there is no better time than now to see it happen in my opinion.

That's a bit excessive. I mean, why shouldn't their character growth conclude in the series?

Oh well. I hope they get them eventually. This is the cutie mark magic season and there is no better time than now to see it happen in my opinion.

agreed on that seeming a bit excessive to get upset at the CMC getting their cutie marks.

Hell, I'm actually HAPPY to hear about it. The CMC really seem to have outgrown the one note reliance on cutie marks, and are much more interesting now that they're focusing on who they ARE as ponies instead of just "I WANT MY CUTIE MARK!". Episodes like Sleepless in ponyville, flight to the finish and sister whooves special are far more entertaining than episodes focused on them trying to get their marks like a broken record.

Heck, thinking on that, them getting their cutie marks doesn't even mean it has to end as their passion in life: As shown in Appleloosa's most wanted, there's TONS of cutie mark related jobs focused on cutie marks that the CMC could do: Specifically, they could remain the cutie mark crusaders by teaching OTHER ponies in life how to embrace and use their cutie marks, or helping others find them. (I actually think it'd be nice if the CMC's jobs in life ended up being essentially self help ponies who did just that, counseling and helping younger ponies get their marks or dealing with not having their marks).

That just means we can expect Flutershy's bro to have some sort of importance on a level between Gilda and Coco.

Well I guess we'll see. I'm still not convinced :P

But you know me already, I'm a huge pessimist, so that's to be expected. (Ironically, almost every time I HAVE been optimistic about something its turned out terrible)

• Brohoof 3

I watched the trailer and there was a part when...

Pipsqueak was in the CMC Clubhouse. So he might be joining the CMC

So over the coming episodes of MLP, many people in the fandom would be happy that their favourite characters are back or things that they wished that have been canon, be actually canon. But I am excited for the second part of the season.

• Brohoof 2