Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Personal Motto

N.W.

I forgot that the personal motto thing was a thing. Now I remember.

Mine is:

"Redeem me into childhood, show me myself with a shell."

This is a beautiful line from the song Ghost Love Score by Nightwish, where it highlights an inspiration to the songwriter, Toumas, which was his childhood. He essentially tries to channel some of his lyrics to the innocence of a child, which his childhood was when he was apparently happiest. I can relate a lot to this and plus I am still a child in a lot of ways, a child at heart so this line is something I can connect to, so I keep that line in my mind to remember the positive aspects of myself, which are mostly tied to my childlike personality and to remind myself of happier days. If any of that makes sense.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

My personal motto on my MLPF profile has been "Love is the meaning of life" for almost my entire time on the site, because that's one of the briefest ways I can sum up my feelings about the nature of life and existence. Everything in my life that is positive and good involves love of some form, whether it's love of God, love for a person, love for cute squirrels I see when I'm walking to class on campus, love for humanity, love for life itself. Love of art, love of happiness, and love of love itself: love is the foundation of everything that matters to me. And I believe that doing one's best to love others (and this takes on many different forms, including "simple" acts of kindness to strangers) is the main purpose of life. Love is the force through which healing and creation of many different forms occur.

• Brohoof 2

My personal motto is "Far too many people have no idea what they can do because all they've been told is what they can't do," a quote coined by the late Zig Ziglar.

I chosen this quote in particular to remind myself that I am a lot better than what I always think. Given by how I've been overshadowed by my brother's success for all of my life and how I don't have many talents, I always been caught up by what I can't do. But the only way to get somewhere in life is to stop reminding yourself about the negatives, go outside and try out new things. While I am still trying to get over my low self-esteem, this quote has always been quite inspiring for me.

• Brohoof 1

I forgot that the personal motto thing was a thing. Now I remember.

Mine is:

"Redeem me into childhood, show me myself with a shell."

This is a beautiful line from the song Ghost Love Score by Nightwish, where it highlights an inspiration to the songwriter, Toumas, which was his childhood. He essentially tries to channel some of his lyrics to the innocence of a child, which his childhood was when he was apparently happiest. I can relate a lot to this and plus I am still a child in a lot of ways, a child at heart so this line is something I can connect to, so I keep that line in my mind to remember the positive aspects of myself, which are mostly tied to my childlike personality and to remind myself of happier days. If any of that makes sense.

I absolutely love Nightwish, they're one of my favorite bands of all time. That's awesome that you quoted them in your personal motto :)

• Brohoof 1

My personal motto has to do with honesty. *Cue Applejack comparisons* And I am not just talking about telling the truth, but actually BEING true in everything that you do. There are far too many fake people in the world who deceive and only make you think they're your friend. I believe in being as genuine and authentic as humanly possible, and that good people will come to admire and appreciate you when you're real with them.

As for what my quote is and where it came from? An old role model of mine. ;)

quote-the-greatest-gift-you-ever-give-is

• Brohoof 3

Mine is "Bad decisions make good stories". I don't remember where I first heard it or who said it, but I've always liked it. It's funny, but it reminds me not to be afraid that I will make a bad decision. Just go with your gut and if it doesn't work out, you can learn from it. And you'll have a good story for later.

I have a few, "What's the point of being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes?" 

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?” 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problem with just potatoes."

I actually had to re-add my personal motto since I forgot to place it in my profile in the first place. It's the following words:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Its the last 3 lines on a Robert Frost poem called "The Road Not Taken".
For me the meaning has always been to take the less traveled path in life. I've stuck to this in various points in my life by doing things I normally wouldn't do like abseiling ( I have a massive fear of heights) or taking trips to places I necessarily wouldn't go. I feel like people should step out of their comfort zone once and a while, live life to the fullest and it will make all the difference.

Weirdly enough, I always misheard it as "two roads diverged into one".

I dunno why.

I have an amalgamation of one I thought of (but isn't unique), and two based on the Eastern theologies/philosophy: *Inhale* *Exhale*, AUM, Be Water.

Breathe is one of the focal points of living. Within the silence between breathes, the secrets of enlightenment and growth reside. Breathe is the only way I have found to communicate how I feel and how I would describe myself. It is so simple yet speaks volumes to those who understand.

AUM is the best description next to breathe that I could find to describe the state of a serene mind. Unclouded by judgment, biased perception, or ego, one can attain higher understanding and God Head. AUM is the primordial frequency of the universe, the movement which creates the universe. There is a lot more to say about AUM. It is a beautiful and deep word.

Be Water is a phrase stemming from Taoism. Water is Tai Chi (The Supreme Energy, Tao) in motion. Flowing along the path of least resistence, when water encounters a rock, water moves around the rock. When encountering a ditch, water fills up the ditch, then continues flowing. Water has an internal power: it is soft, cooling, and relaxing, yet water has the power carves entire landscapes. Water is deeply tied to life. We need water just to think about water. We are 55-75% water, and our earth is more than 2/3rds water. Water has a memory: look into Dr. Emoto's work for explanation. I could go on further but I will end here.

Hold on, if love is the answer, you're home.

It's from Daft Punk's Touch (which is quite an amazing and well-written song imo) and I have the weirdest way of interpreting things, so bear with me.

The way I see it, to explain in a short and simple way (even though I think it's already self-explanatory) Do stuff out of love for yourself, your family, your friends, and the world. 

Love is a strong and powerful emotion. Let it consume you. 

I absolutely love Nightwish, they're one of my favorite bands of all time. That's awesome that you quoted them in your personal motto :)

Definitely. ^___^ Nightwish is by far one of my favorite bands ever and Ghost Love Score it easily one of the my favorite songs ever, for many reasons, and that line is definitely one of them. :)

My personal motto is 

It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first.

It was written, among other things, by Miyamoto Musashi, a legendary Japanese swordsman in the 17th century. I was moved by his philosophical approach to life, really. It was fascinating.