Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lets Talk About Cringe

StudioUAC

I've got a list...

Things I've seen

1. Spike At Your Service: This episode was just too cringy for me...

2. Discord's comedy act during S5 E7

3. Some boy band I stumbled across on youtube

4. My dad singing "Lift Every Voice" at a banquet, and completely butchering a high note (don't tell him I mentioned this :P)

5. The fan film "Dusk's Dawn" (This was just terrible...ugh...no variance in the voice acting...story didn't make sense...ugh...)

Things I've heard

1. Roselina's star kill scream from Smash 4 (Gah, her scream is just so cheesy...and cringy. Substitue it for any major falling scene in a movie and you'll see what I mean)

2. Call Me Maybe: Probably the most annoying song of 2012-2013

Others

1. Justin Bieber Today: I liked this guy when he started, but now...he makes me cringe so hard...that I can't stand to hear his name any more

2. Miley Cyrus: I can't stand her...she really just...ugh... 

• 4 years later...

I wish I knew what cringe means? It is one of those words that sounds like it means something, but when I read the replies, I get other kind of ideas what it means. It makes me feel all cringey! :worry:

5 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I wish I knew what cringe means? It is one of those words that sounds like it means something, but when I read the replies, I get other kind of ideas what it means. It makes me feel all cringey! :worry:

I think it’s because everyone has different opinions on what it means. Some people think anything they don’t like is cringe-worthy, while others reserve it for things they find hard to watch. :ooh:

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Cagey said:

I think it’s because everyone has different opinions on what it means. Some people think anything they don’t like is cringe-worthy, while others reserve it for things they find hard to watch. :ooh:

It is probably also because Swedish might not have that word. Like, Swedish doesn't have the word "Frown".

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Splashee said:

It is probably also because Swedish might not have that word. Like, Swedish doesn't have the word "Frown".

That would make sense. 
Wow! How do you describe someone who’s sad or angry?

• 2 months later...

Almost everything involved with Sonic the Hedgehog. The stories, the voice acting in the games, the music, all of it makes me roll my eyes every time. One would probably include the Sonic fandom, but I don't care about the fandom either way. Doesn't matter to me.

Also, the original Pokemon anime. It is sooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Ricardo Irving's voice "acting" from Resident Evil 5 is the epitome of cringe-worthy awfulness. Where the hell did they get his English voice actor from? Off the streets or something? It certainly seems like it. Imagine some guy with a bad New Jersey accent with the most irritating voice ever and you get Irving from RE5.

Edited by Magic Note

(edited)

when i accidentally said the word "orgasm" in a speech at a school assembly

fuck me dead that memory makes me want to die

Edited by Mini

22 minutes ago, Awkward Segway said:

Everything about this music video (the lyrics, the vocals, the instruments, and the visuals):

The pure definition of cringe: I'm on a Yacht.

I will probably never watch this video again.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I really find cringe in a lot of places, but I'll go over a few things I find really cringy:

• Bad Memes. The memes out there that are just awful are painfully cringy. Harambe was an amazing example of that. :dry:
  • Fox News. I think my IQ just dropped and I forgot how to carry when I add. Also, I'm angry with how much they seem to attack people in certain demographics. I find other MSM outlets cringy too, but Fox is the worst. What I say here applies to other far-right outlets as well.
  • The slang word "Simp." I feel like I'm going to lose brain cells when I hear this $#!+ because it's so frustratingly discriminatory.
  • Bad MLP Songs. There's good ones for sure (even great ones), but the bad ones that the show had to offer were just painful to listen to.
  • When people sing a song off-key. A big one I remember is people singing "Let it Go." Seriously, that song was kind of annoying to begin with, but after people started to sing it wrong and make it sound completely awful, then it was cringy and at some points beyond cringy.
  • Some things I've said. Looking back at my life, I've done some really cringy things in my time... :eww:
Edited by Dustlicious
  • Brohoof 1

People who find the smallest things to complain about make me wanna cringe. Also me in my younger teenage years, I was nothing but cringe back then oh my god I'm so glad I've matured. :mlp_gag: