Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lets Talk About Cringe

StudioUAC

• 3 weeks later...

Putting anthropomorphic animals or video game characters in real human cities with real looking humans:

These things make me cringe:
marioodyssey1-640x360.jpg

Soleanna_guards.png

This is screenshots from Mario Odyssey and Sonic The Hedgehog 2006. Two games I cannot play, touch, or look at without crying in shame!

Why not put these cringe worthy pictures as well (that came up when I searched for the word anthropomorphic animals):

Spoiler

450px-Anthro_dolphin_and_anthro_horse.jp

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2020 at 8:38 PM, Splashee said:

It is probably also because Swedish might not have that word. Like, Swedish doesn't have the word "Frown".

Neither does spanish, but I can understand the concept.

Pretty much, something causes cringe when said something provokes an overwhelming feeling of shame and anxiety. The shame part is what really matters to make something cringe. If it doesn' make you blush or feel shame then is not cringe. Cringe and uncomfyness go hoof in hoof, since the first is so severe the second pops up from it. Is like cringe is the worst expression of awkwardness and shame something can reach.

Personally, my ex used to make me cringe badly. She was downright bad for coming up with stories and her artstyle is overly edgy. Like wolves and demons and blood and any teen "dark and edgy" with skulls and scythes and spiders and "creepy smiles" edgyness. Unfortunately for her, she never grew up from it nor did she evolve it into actually interesting edgyness and darkness. Guess I feel better for finally venting it out xD

I also cringe at exagerated attempts at saccharine cuteness and at agenda-driven fanart/fanfics.

And then there's a whole lot of cringe I can't get to describe fast enough but I bet this video can sum up better.

https://youtu.be/2IrG9Hz3qRg

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Was at an auction at a furry convention once, and there was a dad bidding on a large mystery pack of pony stuff that his kid was clearly extremely excited to get ahold of.  It got to the point where it was already being bid at more than it was worth, people conceded, and were gonna let the dad win it for his kid, then last minute some random  guy put in a bid raising the price quite a bit more simply to see if the dad was willing to pay more, and the dad did. 

It was cringeworthy to me anyway.  I think the crowd thought so tooo cause they gasped the moment he did it. 

• 10 months later...