Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the sickest you have ever been?

Venomous

I think the worst I've ever been sick was when I was 12, I had some sort of bug, and it was really unpleasant. I was shaking, had a raging fever and was sweating constantly. Only threw up twice.

In the end, I found out I undercooked my dinner - bwahaha.  :lol:

I was really sick about two years ago. I had a stomach flue for I don't know... more than one week for sure. It was really bad. I even got sick by just drinking water... so strange

It was randomly this year where I couldn't stop throwing up. Like I threw up around 10 times in the span of a few hours and couldn't even keep water down. I also blacked out on multiple occasions, that was fun. I have really bad anemia so pairing that with sickness is an awful combination. :o

I got Bronchitis so bad once that I literally couldn't talk for a week. Couldn't really move much considering even walking to the kitchen to get some water was very tiring. Had no desire to eat anything, either. By the end of it, I'd lost somewhere around 20 lbs. 

It was bad. :(

Edited by Golurk

To be honest, i shouldn't even be alive anymore.

i WAS dead already.

ö_ö

Glad that i made it back.

My liver was so messed up, that i got  ammoniac-poisoned, and fell unconcious.

When i woke up day laters in the hospital i thought that i died, and that the hell is just a boring room.

Ugh...

Anyways all in all, i am alive, and the life is a gift.

So, live your life.

The sickest I've been was a year ago. I suffered from a really bad migraine that appeared out of nowhere and stuck around from morning all throughout nighttime. If I ever walked or even moved a little, either my head would hurt like crazy or I would constantly throw up. It was a pretty unpleasant experience.

Edited by Odyssey
  • Brohoof 1

I'm with Odyssey on that. Migraines are by far the worst malady I get struck down with, even the least painful option of cancelling your day and lying in a darkened room is still head-explodingly painful. The pharmacist I get my migraine relief tablets from put it very well (she gets migraines too):

"No other time would I prefer to shoot myself in the head."

• Brohoof 2

I would say when I was about 12 or 13, when I had the flu, but it wasn't just the flu, I had a bad fever and it was so bad, I was bed ridden for at least two weeks. Other than that, it's been the post-viral cough, which had once lasted half a year.

My colds have become so bad in recent years that I am scared to death of catching another one.

When I was young, colds were not much of anything beyond an annoyance. Sometimes they made it hard to sleep, but not like these days. My sinuses never completely clear up, and really have never been for almost a decade. Since then, the colds have gradually become worse. Now when my nose gets stopped up, I can't breathe and it gives me this awful feeling where even though I can breathe through my mouth, my mind doesn't want to...

I know, I'm a wind player, and according to my second bassoon professor, we're supposed to breathe through the mouth to play... But that has always made me cough for some reason?

Laying down and trying to sleep - no matter how propped up I am - always leads to that feeling and makes me unable to sleep. =/

One time, in addition to that, I also got a VERY sore throat. I couldn't swallow at all. It was awful.

Now whenever I get one of these I'm heading to urgent care instantly. I don't even care if they have to give me the shot in the butt... It's much better than being that sick! lol

Edited by Envy

The sickest I've ever been was when I was 10. I had what looked like a really bad case of the flu. Fever, fatigue... The whole nine yards. I was like this for a few days before it was suggested that I go to the hospital. Well, I was taken to the hospital, and diagnosed Type 1 Diabetic.

Yuck. When I was in 4th grade, I choked on food. For some reason, I was scared to eat food again because I didn't want to choke, so I went a week without eating and got so sick. The only thing I really ate was saltine crackers and applesauce for a while until I was comfortable eating food again. After that I didn't eat a lot of food that I used to before I got sick, so I got really skinny.

What comes up in second place was when I was in 3rd grade I got Bronchitis in the middle of Winter. I could barely breathe. I even threw up a few times and it made it even harder to breathe. It was awful. ;o;

I think it was around 2007 or 2008. I had something o my stomach, which made me to puke every time I tried to eat something ad gave me a strong fever. It made me stay awake for the entire night...

When I was stuck on my sofa for a day and every time I moved I was struck with stomach and side pains. I felt the worst I've ever felt in my life, I was completely unless. I hope to never to go through that ever again, I didn't even know what it was. It was surely a very scary experience though.

I'm going to do the most recent one because I got rather sick once or twice as a baby also. A couple years or so ago I had the symptoms to what I thought was Appendicitis one night. Pain that moved from one side to the other in the correct area for it. It ended up going away eventually and I was fine but it scared the life out of me for a while when it happened. 

• Brohoof 1