Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the sickest you have ever been?

Venomous

I can think of two times where I've been extremely sick. Or at least felt extremely sick.

One time was after my first day as an employee for a doggie daycare/boarding center. I was sick for three days afterwards (I assume because I wasn't ready to be exposed to the germs that were there? I don't know). I couldn't move or breathe in too deeply without throwing up. :s

The other time was due to eating some super spicy thing from Taco Bell (because Taco Bell). It felt like I had a knife in my stomach for the next few days.

Back when I lived with my very neglectful and just plain terrible mom she had my therapist at the time prescribe me this kind of medicine for anxiety,I had bad reaction to it,but since she neglected me she didn't give a crap either way,and actually had the doctor prescribe double my usual dose. I went to school the next day,but then I started feeling really sick and just projectile vomited everywhere...I do mean everywhere,I felt like I was going to die I was throwing up so much,and when I finally was taken home my neglectful mother decided to joke about how I had such a bad reaction to the doctors upping my prescription. After that, there was when I had my tonsils improperly taken out and it resulted in me having a hemorrhage,lots and lots blood everywhere,I actually had to go to the emergency room and everything. Oh and then you have the time where I lost my ability to see for a few minutes,all I know is that I was in my elementary's schools bathroom,and when I came out I suddenly lost my ability to see for what was enough time for me to panic about it,instead of making fun of me the person I lived with at the time thought I was lying,because of course a 10 year old would lie about sitting on the floor crying screaming bloody murder because they couldn't see *sarcasm*.

Edited by CookieK

When I was 14, I had some sort of a terrible flu or someting, not sure. I was sick for 3 weeks, slept for 18 hours straight every day. Had a very high temperature and couldn't eat literally ANYTHING because I'd puke it out immediately. Even if I didn't eat I was puking at least twice every day. So I was just laying in my bed either sleeping or watching Boondocks on my laptop. Man it was a boring month. 

Right before I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease back in 2003.

I had lost a ton of weight, and I looked like a skeleton (I was 6'1" and had dropped to 114 lbs). I had bald spots from where my hair had fallen out from malnutrition, and I had these large purplish-red spots all over my legs. I also developed a bunch of sores in my mouth that made it difficult to eat.

I had to spend a week in the hospital receiving IV nutrients and corticosteroids to get the inflammation under control.

Stage 3 Dengue fever, which I somehow survived.

I was stuck on a hospital bed for almost a month, I couldn't eat, I felt permanently sleepy, and even the smallest contact of skin with another person felt like a blowtorch on my skin, or something.

But hey, it was all good in the end! Full recovery for the win!

The sickest I have ever been was around the time I was when I was about 15 or 16 years old. I had a fever and I had a bad ear infection as well. I remember going to the bathroom and I thought I made it back to my room, but I didn't. My dad helped me out of the bathroom and told me I passed out and hit my head against the toilet seat. I also remember waking up with a splitting headache because of it.

• Brohoof 1

Played a festival in the summer with a hybrid trap, and trapstep set - with a few Dope D.O.D. tracks thrown in

Dat shit was pretty sick

Seriously though I don't get sick often. I have quite a few throat and chest infections and ha a bad tonsilitis for 3 weeks when I was 14, but haven't had a day off work in over 5 years. Most of my issues are related to the rolling hiatus hernia I have jammed up between my lungs and my heart. I'll very likely need surgery eventually, but keeping it under control for now

Once when I was in 6th grade I got some sort of stomach flu. I was up all night throwing up until I eventually ran out of stuff to vomit, so I started dry heaving. I couldn't even drink water or take medicine because I would just throw it back up. It was awful.  :(

I think it was when i was 8 or 9. I had a particularly nasty flu, with a fever running as high as 40 degrees Celsius. My mom says i was hallucinating and talking about nonsense, too, but i don't remember that happening, lol

I had stage four cancer when I was six. The cancer originated in my kidney and completely encased it by the time it was discovered and had spread elsewhere. I had to undergo chemo, radiation, and surgeries. In the process, I lost weight, my hair, and a kidney. That was ten years ago and I'm completely cancer free. I'm truly blessed to be alive :)

Edited by Jaxsie
  • Brohoof 1

This year I had an illness for three days, and I felt terrible. All I remember was irritable colon and congestion, but there may have been a few other things. Also another time this year, not too long ago, I ate too many grapes and got very sick.

Well I'm sick now.. but only with a sore throat and runny nose.

The sickest I've ever been was when I had a painful stomach flu. Lasted a week and 2 days. That was not fun..

Technically, the sickest I've ever been was in high school when I got mono. I slept for about a week straight and lost about 15 pounds. But since I was asleep the whole time, I wasn't in any real pain or anything. 

SO...the sickest I've ever felt was in my junior year of college when I got the flu and my roommates didn't know how to help me. I was vomiting constantly to the point where I made my throat raw and bloody and couldn't move. I was freezing and sweating at the same time and to make matters worse, my roommate decided to turn on her non-existent maternal instincts and cook me food...which was pretty much inedible. 

She knows I love spicy food so she kept making things with hot sauce which was horrible on my throat and also decided to experiment with food and served me some kind of horrible celery stir fry...all I asked for was some vegetable broth heated up and I got disgusting celery stir fry.

It was quite the week. Obviously, I got better, but it took a lot of crying, shivering, and puking. It was definitely the worst flu I've ever gotten. 

Once when I was in 6th grade I got some sort of stomach flu. I was up all night throwing up until I eventually ran out of stuff to vomit, so I started dry heaving. I couldn't even drink water or take medicine because I would just throw it back up. It was awful.  :(

Wow, that really sounds awful.

When I was a kid, I had a really bad gag reflex so I didn't take medicine. So, when I had a fever of 102, I had to go to the hospital and get shots and stay over night at the ER. After that, I learned that I should just take my dang medicine.

I caught the flu once, lasted a a week and a half. Worst time of my life. I was always felt hot, my muscles ached, and I had so many migraines. I hope it doesn't happen again.

Edited by Xylosian

When I was 8, I had an allergic reaction to a green dye and I had hives. It itched like hell, worse than chicken pox. I can't remember many things from my childhood, but that's definitely one of them.

But for "feeling like shit", I'm fairly certain that most of us here have had the flu at least once in their lives.