Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Team Fortress 2

Lyme Soundstick

I've been playing TF2 for a very long time and even played it a lot on my gaming channel and that got me wondering,  how many of you guys also play TF2 as well as your favourite classes, items maps etc. I'm just a curious person :3

Personally my favourite is Spy but I'm best with Soldier, I use different weapons almost everyday so it's hard for me to pick one and my favourite map is orange_toyfort. I'm on a server with that map almost everyday xD

post-31154-0-10461300-1442052004_thumb.png

Edited by Lyme Soundstick
  • Brohoof 1

TF2 use to be an amazing game for me back in 08. Way before the F2P days. When the game slowly introduced the milestone weapons for each class it was nice, something to add some customization features. But then more came, more weapons, sure it was nice, even more customization. Then the original hats you got from random drops. But then they started going crazy with updates. Update after update with more and more items. Soon the game became over saturated with irrelevant stupid items. The game use to be amazing, use to be a fun little competitive game to play that required teamwork. But when it became F2P all the kiddies came on and started ruining the game. No one plays it the way it was played back in 08. It's all about stupid hats and trading. Perfectly good game ruined by pure content over saturation.

Edited by APegLegPirate
  • Brohoof 3

I Main Pyro, Engie, And Medic.

Why I play Pyro: I can't aim, so I'll just burn everything instead.

Why I play Engie: I can't aim, so I'll make something else aim for me.

Why I play Medic: I can't aim, so I'll get someone else to aim for me.

• Brohoof 4

I used to play Sniper though I'm really done with the game. I used to have   strange sniper rifle with 16000 kills on it, and I did manage to make it into a steel team.

Filled now with hackers, lenny spammers, kids screaming to get muted and no teamwork at all, I stopped playing it a few months ago, though I run it sometimes.

• Brohoof 1

My favourite class is by far Scout. My main loadout is the Fast Learner, Flipped Trilby, and Boston Boom Bringer (I used him in my signature).

Weapons I use vary depending on the situation, but normally I go stock scattergun, pistol, and the Ham Shank because why not.

Favourite map would have to be koth_lakeside.

• Brohoof 1

"Snipin's a good job mate!"

I don't usually play sniper in general in video games, but here in TF2, it's really the only way to be able to experience the thrill of performing rage inducing bodyshot kills, throwing a jar of your own urine at people, and watching them (especially spies) drenched with yellow driplets as you move in and proceed to chop them with 100% crit.

My build is:

Machina for rage inducing bodyshot kills

Jarate for throwing Jar-based Karate

Bushwacka for bushwacking purposes

In game name: Solid

See ya around mate!

• Brohoof 1

What exactly does the premium version do?

Premium lets you trade items and accept trade requests freely to other people, that's about it.

Being "Free 2 Play" doesn't limit any actual content in the game. You can basically do everything a "premium" account can. The ability to trade in TF2 is all premium gives you. Trading is good because if there is a weapon you want, or a hat, and one of your friends has one, you can just trade for it instead of waiting for one to randomly drop. To go "premium" all you have to do is buy 1 thing from the Mann Co. store for like 0.99 cents.

I played a ton of TF2 this past year (3000+ hours), spent a lot of time leading a competitive team. It was fun, but ready to move on.

• Brohoof 1

I think you can tell my main class by my avatar alone.

"Wave G'bye to ya head wanka!"

Nearing 150 hours with the class. I've always liked killing from a long range, and the satisfaction of headshots. In the words of Zer0 from Borderlands 2: "I enj0yed that!"

My sniper loadout is usually:

Bazaar Bargain (It's my Hunting Rifle. It's actually a Fallout reference. I like the weapon because I'm proficient enough to snipe out scouts. In other words, stacking on those headshots!)

Darwin's Danger Shield (No need to disrespect this item, noob snipers. Just be a nooby Black Box soldier. I can tell you are a noob either way.)

Shahanshah (Sounds balanced, but feels bonkers in combo with a Danger Shield. It's my scout and spy repellent, effective at it's job too! Mine is also a strange, with regular kills AND spy kills.)

But at close range, I will use a Classic, a Huntsman (Mario Party 7), or a Killstreak Fortified Compound.

It has a pink as hell Well-Rounded Rifleman (the Timmy Turner), an Anger, and a Poachman's Safari Jacket for cosmetics.

My top 3 classes are: Sniper, Demoman, and Spy. I'm still learning Spy though. Number 3 used to be Pyro.

I usually play KotH when I play, but sometimes I'll go on a Hightower or Versus Ponyville Server (Texas).

By the way, my favorite 24railwaycuttings parody is "Headshot at the Heavy".

Edited by TwillyFSniper
  • Brohoof 1

I don't really play Team Fortress 2 as much as I used to (there's a lot of extra stuff now that is distracting and makes the game slow on my computer), but my personal favorite class is the Medic. So, if I ever get in a TF2 mood again, that's who I would play.

• Brohoof 1

I played the ever living stuff out of this when it was released on consoles in the Orange Box, I loved it. Sadly, Valve does not care about consoles so the game was left to die. Now it is PC only. I really wish they would consider releasing it on the next gen consoles as I would love to play it again but nope, they seem to be sticking with PC for everything nowadays. Meh. I had so much fun with this game before too..

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
(edited)

I haven't played any TF2  since February. I probably won't play much more of it, because the facts of the matter are that the game is beginning to die a slow and painful death from Valve's abandonment, and the community is becoming more and more toxic from last I played. Shame to see happen, really.

Edited by In Loving Memory

I have 40 hours engie (mostly mini-sentry) and 140 hours Spy, then everyone else is 10-20 hours a piece.

Within my first 3 hours of Hoovy I ended up playing against bots and getting a 21 streak not knowing they were bots, and I have not got a higher streak since then.

Highest streak aside from that is Spy 16(in payload) and 17 Demoknight(6 heads)(in Two Fort) 15 Mini Sentry Engie(in payload).

I watched plenty of spy vids from Mr Paladin, and some tutorials from trickstabbers. I also got very far in MVM round 666 as Spy, I found a youtube vid you can tak eout giant medics kinda easily just hide behind them and their super hoovy can't shoot through their medic. Takes like 3 max powered stabs if I recall, 1k per stab. Was using the dead ringer and the enforcer (ignores armor so its better vs tanks).

My overall K/D ratio is something like 1.2. If I face off against a team of rocket jumping soldiers I can't do anything lol, especially if they have pocket medics. Aside from that, and pyro spam over engie nests I do pretty good.

Once in two fort I set up as a mini-sentry engie just before their intel room, and droppin dispensers for cover n mini-sentries to alert me of enemies, I took 6 people down including a pyro a heavy and a soldier in something like a 2-4 minute span before they brought me down. And I play SUPER aggressive as engie in 2 fort. Like if they camp my teleporter, I rush in and try murdering them, and once I did, I beat a camping pyro n scout punching them in the face before they realized it, because I was holding the trigger down and running asap. Plus in call of duty I used to do stuff like quick tactical insertion, and when I would respawn they were camping waiting for me, so I had to develop strategies for that and the teleporter camping is highly similar. Plus I don't mind a challenge now n then if its possible for me to get somewhere. Sometimes my shotgun aim as Engie is dead on. Taking out hoovies sometimes or distracting them enough for my team to before I die, or soldiers when I juke dodge missiles, or pyros when I kite/retreat backwards while shooting (usually close to death then). And when people chase me and I can I drop down teleporters n dispensers to make them waste time n retreat better. One time I quickly threw down a mini sentry jumped out of the way of a missile, it hit the sentry then I swapped to shotgun and blasted the guy and I survived with like 10 health. (then a cautious/patient hoovy took me out)

• Brohoof 1