Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you feel when you're buying MLP stuff in a shop?

Szmeszek

Never been able to buy them, even though... i don't like the toys myself.

Now don't get me wrong on this, but the designs for me look.. flawed, i don't know, i just don't like their look, i would prefer to buy a plushie or something a little more of my taste (Just for the record, i LOVE plushies to death) The toys just can't fill it, is there something wrong with me? 

Now, being more into the topic, if i tried to buy any of them, yes, i would feel totally embarassed.

I am ridiculously shy, sometimes i can't believe myself. 

Edited by Piodx

I suppose the one time that I went out to buy the comic, i was slightly embarrassed.  I waited for the one other customer in the store to leave before even looking at the comics, and when I finally got them, I moved as quickly as I could to get them to the cashier and get out.  It didn't seem like the cashier minded (in fact, I think she had a slight smirk on her face, though that could have just been me).  I'll still go out and buy the comic again though.

Is it weird that I actually felt kind of bad@$$ when I bought something? I just walked up to the counter, slapped the Pinkie Pie poster on the counter, paid for it and walked off. I felt pretty dang amazing the entire time. Maybe I'm a freak XD.

• Brohoof 2

I have a fairly decent pony collection going and do admit to sometimes feeling awkward when browsing the pony section BUT I am a firm believer in not caring what others think. We can't live our lives for anyone else, so why waste time on worry? More often than not, I live by that motto but sometimes society gets the best of me. Just gotta keep fighting the good fight! Live YOUR life and be happy. We can't help what makes us happy and so long as it doesn't hurt anyone, what's the big deal? BE HAPPY!  :)

Edited by Jemboi
  • Brohoof 1

The toys really don't appeal to me, to be honest. The shirts on the other hand... I would really like to get one but I don't know where, as I'm in Canada and we don't have any Hot Topics :(

Even if I did, I'm not very old and I'm a girl, so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be embarrassed.

Nope! Not embarrassed at all! 

The first time I brought ponies I was wearing my snow leopard tail and ears, combine that with buying ponies and I got some pretty weird looks. But I just acted normal as if nothing was wrong. It was kind of fun XD

• Brohoof 2

NEVER! I've always been 100% secure in my masculinity while buying pony toys. Just tonight I was carrying a rather large pink pony box through Walmart (the Celestia/Twilight + Cheerile/CMC megapack on clearance) and didn't care who was staring at me!

...Okay, so that's not true. I used to be far more skittish about it, only purchasing through self-checkout and almost always with a female present. I'm often mistaken for a girl, so it took a while for me to get comfortable with buying the toys (of course it never stopped me from doing it, I'm a huge collector), but I've learned that there are bronies hiding EVERYWHERE, and if it comes down to it, you could always say you're buying for a younger sister/niece.

Nope! Not embarrassed at all! 

The first time I brought ponies I was wearing my snow leopard tail and ears, combine that with buying ponies and I got some pretty weird looks. But I just acted normal as if nothing was wrong. It was kind of fun XD

Snow Leopard + Big Mac avatar , it must mean you're awesome!  :wub:

It's fun to wear something silly and then wear a poker face 

I never bought one because of two reasons.

1- I'll be too embarrassed if i bought one, i'll have a bad look from the people here "i'm resident in saudi arabia"

2- there isn't any pony toys in Saudi arabia.

not really. but then again, i got a twilight sparkle pony at HEB (supermarket), and i just went through the self-checkout line.

plus ima girl so not too shabby ^^

another time, i was with my sister and her boyfriend at toys r us.  toys r us was selling a set of three ponies figurines, and  one was zecora. :wub: i wanted it and almost bought it, but it was around christmas and when we got to the checkout line, it was disastrous. we weren't willing to wait in the line, so no pony for me that day :(

Nah. I've done it a few times by now so it I'm more interested in seeing what the cashier's reaction is, usually, rather than trying to stay cool or something.

If you go to the right place - WalMart for example - you might not even get a reaction. I swear, they like, specifically train their employees to not ask questions. Probably not a bad thing considering the kinds of people that come through WalMart on a daily basis and the weird sh*t they buy, but yeah.

To anyone who does get embarrassed at buying MLP merchandise, keep this in mind:

People are probably just going to think that you're buying it for your kid sister or niece or whatever- if they think anything of it at all. 

And of course if you go to Hot Topic, you're completely safe- remember, *you're* the customer they're targeting for that merch.

I'm actually trying to go buy some pony. Problem is, my mother will not let me... Not quite sure what she's gettin' at there...

I've seen some stuff in ASDA (GB Wal-Mart basically, just heck of a lot smaller) but what I really want is none of that crap involving vehicles, play sets and styling stuff.

I JUST WANT A DECENT FIGURINE DAMNIT!!!

If you happen across any, let me know will you? 

I've been looking for some decent figures for a while myself, I have a Twilight figure with brushable hair...it doesn't get brushed too much so i'm not bothered if they have plastic hair or not. 

I just want to have a collection of ponies on my shelf...is that too much to ask?

The people who get all judgey about stuff like that...well, I don't understand them. Is it really worth the energy to be weirded out by someone buying a toy? 

One time TRU was having a bogo sale so I picked up one of each of the blind bag ponies. They had just one series out, but it was still 24 bags. The guy at the checkout just laughed! lol I was like, in a completely unrude way "What? You've never seen someone buy so many pony things before?" And he basically said that someone had done the exact same thing 30 minutes ago! lol 

Don't worry about it! I get more nervous when I am trying to buy  First Response pregnancy tests  :blush: Even though I'm married! lol

Only done it once. It was Christmastime, so they probably assumed it was a gift. I got a Twilight Sparkle Slap-Band. It's flippin' awesome

Someday, I want to walk into Toys 'R' Us with an emo, a gangster, and someone who doesn't speak English, and just start buying ponies like mad. It'd be fun.

Edited by Bloo47

I've never actualy bought anything pony related from a store for the simple reason that most of the stuff I've seen in store's has been garbage. When i want to buy something thats based on a show i want the item that i'm buying to resemble the show. thus far i've yet to find anything from hasbro in stores here that resembled characters from the show. but I do browse toy stores from time to time without shame for MLP stuff. just to see if hasbro changed their ways.

No shame here, I just roll with it and if I get weird stares I pretend I'm texting and don't pay them any mind.

Funny story, though. A co-worker/friend that knows I'm into ponies actually went out and bought me a talking Princess Cadance for our xmas gathering at work - I can hardly fathom how he felt walking around the store!

Nope. The best story I got is getting a shirt from hottopic and the guy at the register started snikering and I just asked him if they had a military discount. He  gave me a discount lol. Haters tend to stfu if the person they are trying to make fun of can beat the hay out of them.

• Brohoof 1

I wish there was somewhere around here that sold ponies! I'd buy their entire stock of pony figures without shame (not so interested in the Pony Princess Wedding Castle Playset etc.) If I got a funny look, I'd just say "What?" I don't need to explain myself to anypony, nor do I need to care what they think, especially when they'll have forgotten about me after the next twenty customers.

And, when I was a cashier, I really didn't care what people bought. Dude buying tampons? That's legit. Biker buying Barbies? Right on, man. I don't care if they're for you or your eight year old niece, the fact that you're secure enough to bring Barbies up to the cashier tells me you're concerned with something more important than bowing to some narrowly defined worldview. 

But I was a damned cool cashier :P In any case, you don't answer to them. They can think you're as nuts as they want -- they still have to ring through your sale!

• Brohoof 1

I do not have much of Pony things because I don't go to the mall much and I don't really have money, but I have a Brony T-shirt that just says "Brony" with Rainbow Dash flying, I put one of them surprise pony figure packets and got a Pinkie Pie figure, and I just got a Rainbow Dash Navel (Belly Button) ring. All of those times, I never felt embarrassed, because the people there know how many people buy pony stuff and well...Im not afraid to admit. My parents were there when I got my belly ring and they said NOTHING. Lol

I haven't bought any pony stuff yet, but if I decide to purchase the DVD sets I won't feel embarassed, since I know of "le Amazon.com". I'm never going to buy figurines though - I don't think the 2D animation works well in 3 dimensions...

Edited by Goose