Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you feel when you're buying MLP stuff in a shop?

Szmeszek

I recently bought some pony stuff at Hot Topic yesterday and asked the cashier how frequently Bronies shop here. He actually said that he got a lot, which probably explains why both him and the cashier I had from a previous experience did not give a surprised reaction (though to be honest, she may have been a Brony/Pegasister on outward observation).

Lol I was buying more or less a whole box of blind bags from walmart today. The cashier seemed surprised I was buying them for myself. He was asking if I needed a gift receipt and then asking if they were for valentines day XD . He wasn't being mean about it or anything though XD

I've bought a couple shirts from Hot Topic once and the cashier kind of looked at me funny...I was a little self concious but i got over it. I dont know if i would buy toys though. Maybe i would, but I'd rather buy some plushies so i could cuddle with it. Embrace your inner brony! :P

I've never gotten embarrassed for buying anything MLP..or for any toy.

Admittedly, I am a girl so I'm sure it's different for male bronies.

I used to work at Toys-R-Us and can tell you that there is a very wide range of adult collectors that come from shy/embarrassed to proud for all sorts of toy lines. I personally love talking to any type of toy collector as most of us have very interesting stories to tell!

Although I have never owned an mlp figure, I'm not a big fan of them. I don't like their hair and how they look almost nothing like their animated counterparts, i would buy one however if I were to go to a convention!

At toys r us, i did get a few strange looks from people when i was buying the favorites collection. But so what? i wasn't embarrassed! Someone actually asked me if they were for me so i said:

"Yeah; you got a problem with that?"  :lol:

But yeah, i don't see why people should be embarrassed... EMBRACE YOUR BRONYNESS  B)

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

My friends are like "Whut?" and give me weird looks because I usually buy toy Ponies with them around. 
And once, one of them was like "Really? What's wrong with you? Are you gay?", and this nice old lady was like "Let him do what he wants you moron!" 
Good times :3

Edited by Apocalyptic_Unicorn

My Good friend Tommy buying pony stuff xD

Apparently the cashier was really stupid and not doing her job the correct way xD

Thought it made sense to post it here ^_^

I feel psyched when I finally find exactly what it is that I'm looking for! I was at the mall last week with my friends at Hot Topic and started making the plushies kiss and dance lol 'JUST to make the moment even more awkward' I went to pay for my Rainbow Dash headphones, Rainbow Dash vinyl figure, and MLP trading cards and looked the cashier straight in the eye and said: "Hey, look all this stuff is nice but it's gonna have to be about 20% cooler if I'm actually going to drop bits on it." He laughed so hard and gave me a 15% discount! :D haha it was a great day indeed

I've been told that I was "possessed with pedophilia from the devil." That was the only time that sort of thing happened and the woman was with her daughter so I guess she was putting on a show for her, I had no problems buying MLP merch before or after that, though I do get funny looks now and again... as luck would have it, the folks at gap are used to it by now with all the brony-centric shirts they have it's mostly the customers at Toys R Us that give me weird looks but again i'm 23 and the store is full of kids and if I could go someplace that's within a reasonable distance that I didn't need to drive across town to get to I would because Toys R Us is overpriced. Stereotypes suck, I get why people might think we're all weird, I really do, as I used to think the same way. The problem I have is people don't learn the lesson that most if not all stereotypes are untrue or there's a sensical reason behind a stereotype. I'm going to stop ranting now.

I haven't really bought enough merchandise to say much from experience, but being a girl, I can safely say I wouldn't feel too awkward buying Pony merch. I mean, there is the fact that I'm way too old for that stuff, but no one has to know why or for whom I'm buying stuff for.

If you ever feel awkward buying something, just say you're getting it for your little cousin, younger sister, daughter, niece or whomever fits your situation. :P

Who cares what others think? I just walk up and buy my stuff, and look 'em in the eye. I think academics is much more important than social stuff so I don't care what strangers think of me. 

OR DO I?

plot twist

It's not embarrasing for me, I usually buy something small like a pack of trading cards, and the cashier would usually just smile at me!

However, I only buy during the morning, because later on, not only is it more packed, but I have a semi rough and hard community, as everyone looks rough.

But overall, not really for me.

How do you go to hot topic, without looking retarded.. buy pony merchandise. I swear, i stood there for a good 10 minutes thinking of how to go in and buy it.... I finally leave the store.. go back in, and leave once more..

I wanted a scoots necklace...

• Brohoof 1

Just do it, it's not their job to judge you, and if they do who gives a shit? It's no worse than going their and buying those idiotic meme shirts or whatever shitty artist's t-shirts they are stocking...(Nothing but wiz kalifa at mine).

I've literally never had any employee display anything other than curiosity, but then again I've only bought stuff there maybe 3 times. Just have a rant or two ready if you actually are worried...It's not hard, in fact anyone that goes to/works at hot topic to make fun of bronies is trying to impress someone, so work off that, ask them what they like and make fun of their particular hobby of choice.

Example: Ponies are ghey, I <3 family guy..."Family guy hasn't been funny for years and panders to the young adult crowd by rehashing internet memes out of context and having verbatim references to stuff no one has heard of since the 80's and when they're not doing that they're using up the remaining show time with a long pointless tangent that contains zero humor".

Done.

• Brohoof 2

Stop caring and just do it. So what if you look retarded? Be a badass, and be like, "I'm too cool to give a buck," and buy it with a smile on your face. If anyone makes fun of you, make fun of them for being too judging of others. They're stupid. And you're better than them. So you shouldn't feel bad or awkward or anything about it. 

If you really have some kind of problem with doing so (for whatever reason (I won't understand it)), why not order online? Of if you know another brony in real life who's comfortable with the situation, give them the money and politely ask them to buy it for you? You really shouldn't have a problem, though. The product is made to be bought, and you're a consumer. The fact that you watch the show is your business and no one else's, so again, if you get made fun of, make fun of them, for being so petty. 

dude seriously?

just go in, grab that Scootaloo necklace you wanted, go to the checkout with the most serious face you can muster, and pay for the damn thing...

If people are giving you crap for even looking at it then just don't pay them any mind...

they're really not worth the stress

• Brohoof 1

How do you go to hot topic, without looking retarded.. buy pony merchandise. I swear, i stood there for a good 10 minutes thinking of how to go in and buy it.... I finally leave the store.. go back in, and leave once more..

I wanted a scoots necklace...

it's rough...but you start with a foot...usually I go with the right foot...then left and so on...then you walk in and realize that you have no reason to care about what people think...and you go buy your scootaloo merchandise

• Brohoof 2

Relax you are just buying pony merch not going to the doctor to get a proctology exam, there is nothing embarrassing about it despite what some other people may think. If you make a big deal out of it it will become a big deal, just get what you want and buck what others think.