Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you feel when you're buying MLP stuff in a shop?

Szmeszek

Step 1: put your weight into your haunches Two, try not to be so- Whoops, wrong advice.

Looking stupid's only painful when you think about it, don't worry man. You're not gonna see the people there ever in your life again (except the registrerer lady) so it isn't too big of a problem. And even if the love of your life is there, and you look stupid, you still hvae us.

Just go for it; I don't think anyone will stop you from buying whatever you want there... if they don't sell then how would they keep their jobs? lol
Besides, what you or others may think is cool merchandise, may look retarded to others... so it's just opinions.

I was there a week ago on Saturday and got a 2 shirts and Twilight headphones. I don't have a problem getting merchandise. However, there was a really high guy there who seemed like he was going to cream is pants because there were ponies there. He was homeless so I felt bad for him.

Go with a friend.  

Go with pride.

Wear other pony gear, to signal to other people what you came in for.  

Think like you do it all the time.

Remember that they expect you to buy this stuff.

Imagine your purchase to be something completely ordinary like a bag of chips or something.

If it's really a serious problem for you, visualize this beforehand.

Picture the transaction as the most routine thing in the world.  

Trust me, the cashier will barely notice.  They won't ask you about it.  And you don't need to explain.

Smile.  Be polite.

Simple relaxation techniques like breathing carefully.

Buy something else that makes it less conspicuous.

Think of all of us there with you.

What would Pinkie Pie do?

laugh.png

And when you're through, treat yourself to something yummy.

blink.png

Edited by Constant Clover

One thing I've learned from working in a store is that I honestly don't pay attention to what people buy. It's very unlikely that anyone will judge you or even care. When I walk out of the door from work I pretty much forget everything that happened, and there's no way I care enough to remember what anyone bought. 

Heck, that's easy. It's dark in there (gotta love that hip lighting) and no one pays attention to what anyone else buys. Most of the clerks in that company are younger and "with it" enough to know about bronies--and we're paying customers, so more power to us. My cashier was very cool about it.

Just get in and pick whatever you want. Pay for one and just leave. It's just like buying a video game or whatever you want. Nothing to be ashamed about unless you haven't gone out of the closet yet.

9 Easy Steps on how to Buy pony merchandise from Hot Topic

1. Walk into store.

2. Walk to pony section.

3. Pick out desired piece of merchandise.

4. Walk to counter to pay for chosen merchandise.

5. Put merchandise on counter.

6. Clerk says "That will be "insert price here"

7. Pay

8. Leave with Merchandise.

9. Feel awesome.

I can't blame you. I've bought pony stuff once from hot topic once but it was far away from home, so no one I knew saw me. I'm not sure if I'd be able to do it in a more local location.

However, you really should not be afraid to buy anything that is legal in public. Ponies are legal so there should be nothing to fear.

Its actually really easy.  You walk into the store...pick out what you want...go to the cashier...get out money...buy the item.   In all seriousness they dont really care what you buy and they supply brony stuff for a reason (its because people actually buy it blink.png )  I actually went to one just yesterday and bought two brony shirts and the cashier was like "most people who come here and buy this stuff are girls but we get a lot of guys to..." she didnt really get why so many guys liked it but thought it was cool that they did.  And really its a scootaloo necklace there are worse things that could be bought and judged... wink.png smile.png

Get over it. #yiff

Every time I see your #yiff I can only think of the other meaning for yiff... :/

In response to OP, just keep a serious face on, people won't question you if you just look super serious, for all they know, you could be begrudgingly buying it for a girlfriend.

Walk into the store, like a boss.

Go up to the pony section, like a boss.

Grab your stuff, like a boss.

Go to the counter, like a boss.

Pay the bill, like a boss.

Leave the store, like a boss.

Rock your ponies. LIKE A BOSS.

Rinse and repeat.

In all seriousness, don't worry about it. Just be confident. I'm sure each Hot Topic employee deals with a few bronies a day. You won't be the first, and to them, you're just another customer. Chill out man, and pony on.

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 1

Every time I see your #yiff I can only think of the other meaning for yiff... :/

In response to OP, just keep a serious face on, people won't question you if you just look super serious, for all they know, you could be begrudgingly buying it for a girlfriend.

It's not the other meaning.

And OP, just say you're buying it for your sister. It's worked ever since bronies came about, it'll work now. #yiff

The one in my area has a ton of bronies that work there. So I just kind of went in, went directly to the pony section, and bought a few shirts. The only looks I got were from the few pegasisters that were also shopping. I just kind of smiled and went on with my business. And I do plan on doing that again.

dude........you just go in to the store, grab the item you want, go to the cashier, hand them said item, pay for it, walk out.

They can't refuse to let you buy something, they can't give you shit about it either or you can get them fired.

Just do it. You have to think, these people stock this stuff every day. They know it's there and they know people buy it. It's not like they're gonna be shocked that you brought some merch to the counter. And it's mostly teens that shop at Hot Topic, so they're aware that guys outside the age demographic like MLP. They have no business judging you, anyway. You're a paying customer buying their wares, and you have the right to do so. Nobody's gonna make fun of you. Nobody's gonna ridicule you. Just buy the necklace.

When i go for anything pony related i would go to spencers and hot topic and really.... the people there dont judge they are usually cool and very nice and have great taste in music!

Well, they SELL merchandise for MLP, targeted at people your age. It's probably very expected to the employees. I buy stuff there all the time, and the employees don't think I'm weird; in fact, I met a brony there as well! So go out there and buy it! They put the stuff there for a reason, so it's considered weird to buy that stuff from THAT store.

Just go in and buy it! Who knows, you might meet a brony! And it'll be so totally worth it!

i honestly dont feel awkward buying anything at Hot Topic. That place is generally a mecca for oddities and the weird. same goes for Spencers. Those employees have seen alot worse then some kids buying MLP merchandise. If you feel awkward, just make small talk with the cashier. its usually goes like this:

Cashier - "Hey, hows it going?"

You - "Can't complain. yourself?"

Cashier - "Not bad not bad..."

You - "Could be worse i suppose"

Cashier - "Absolutely"

By then, he/she is giving you a total and bagging your stuff. They might ask you about store related things such as Savey Save cards or email lists, but thats mandatory for them. Just be cool and dont make a big deal out of it. 

I've said this before on here, but most employees DONT CARE WHAT YOU BUY. They're too concerned with their jobs to make any judgement out loud. Angering a customer is a good way to lose a job. Go buy ponies. Now.

• Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

I guess, me being a girl. I don't have the same issues as some male bronies may have- but seriously, just go in there and get it. We're talking about Hot Topic here- not some girly store like Claire's. ;P A lot of the merchandise at Hot Topic is marketed towards men anyway- why should they care what you're buying if it's for men?

If they do judge you or make fun of you- send in a report/talk to the manager. It's not their job to make fun of customers- it's their job to ring you up, take your money, and let you go on your way. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Brohoof 1