Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you feel when you're buying MLP stuff in a shop?

Szmeszek

You could say you are buying it for your cousin. Haha.
Works all the time!
I'm only a 15 year old chick, so I guess me buying mlp merch really isn't a big deal...
But use that excuse next time in a situation like that xD

• Brohoof 2

I usually only get looks, but rarely does anyone say anything. When I went into walmart and asked the lady in the toy section where their MLP stuff was, she didnt look surprised in the least. So it must be a lot more common around here than I had first thought. As other people have said, using the old "oh its for my sister" or "my little cousin is obsessed" usually works fine. But who cares right? Brony and proud!

• Brohoof 2

Doesn't happen to me, but then I find if you buy it in a matter of fact way no one seems to care. Those rare few that have asked I just say nope no kids. Seems to do me fine lol

• Brohoof 1

I am sure pretty much all of us have experienced that awkward moment when they are out buying pony merch.and you get asked "how old is your daughter? " I was out today and was at a yard sale where I bought a fashion style rarity, pinkie pie, and a pink celestia for 5 buck! Then the woman running it is like "so how old is your little girl.?" And I was like um. I don't have one. Then she gave me a weird look and my change.

AWKWARD! And Not the first time either! I am 26 so everyone thinks I have a daughter.

Hahaha, If that happened to me, I'd be like, these are for me :3 I'm a brony. No awkwardness there for me. In fact it seems like whenever I have awkward moments I manage to talk my way out of it, and just keep moving along like nothing happened. Like just the other day at work I called a customer sir when she was clearly a women, but I just rolled with it and said 'Yes sir, ma'am sir" and she laughed.

That awkward moment when your playing video games with friends, and your the only person that is a brony. But when it comes to merchandise, I will get some eventually!

tumblr_lw0lz2YDL91r1guvio1_500.gif

• Brohoof 2

That Awkward moment when you call someone at their front door to make sure that they're home. 

That awkward moment when your sarcasm is so advanced that people actually think you're stupid.

• Brohoof 1

That awkward moment when you are with your friends and a MLP song is in your head and you randomly break out into song and when you stop singing, your friends look at you as if you were high.  Yeah, I get that a lot.

• Brohoof 3

That awkward moment when you're watching the ponies and your biker stepfather walks in and sits down on the couch next to you.

That awkward moment when your mother walks into your room and begins leafing through your sketches of ponies.

That awkward moment when you come back to your house and find out that your grandmother came over to use your washing machine (because hers broke) and that while she was over, she took it upon herself to dust all your knick-knacks, including your pony stuff. 

• Brohoof 3

That hasn't happened to me yet but then again the pony merch I have bought has been on the internet so I can't say it can't happen to me but if it does I will just say "I don't really have one yet, this is actually for me thank you" and if I get any funny looks I will just say "it is a good show perhaps you should give it a try."

• Brohoof 1

Yea I hate lying and saying it is for my cousin or daughter for 2 big reasons, one it is hard to keep the lie going if they pry about my imaginary cousins age or school, and come up with it all on the spot. And for two I love ponies and I don't want to lie about it, I like ponies and people need to accept that!

Haha, this whole thing makes me wish I could have toys.  I'm a closet brony and only two people (one of them also a brony) know I am one.  Why not just buy the toys online?

Yea I hate lying and saying it is for my cousin or daughter for 2 big reasons, one it is hard to keep the lie going if they pry about my imaginary cousins age or school, and come up with it all on the spot.

That and I really suck at lying anyway, seriously I fail at it just as badly if not worse than Applejack does and while I don't go out of my way to tell anyway I don't see why I should go out of my way to hide it either all I am doing is watching a good show that happens to be outside my so called "target demographic".

No one knows i'm a brony, i've told my closest friend i watched the show... once... nothing more.

I was in london recently and since its a different country i actually tried to give out 3 brohoofs to the people with brony shirts on...

But... the awkward moment happened when i greeted them and they said that i'm not really a brony just a hater... i asked why and ( i feel like a complete douche for saying this) they said its because i'm like... in good shape... i dunno i thought it was stupid. So i convinced them by going on a rant about my favorite episodes....

So... the first time i've ever told anyone i'm a brony it envolved in a nice little conversation in a different country/city. Twas' cool. 

That akward moment when your little cousin is apparently more observant then the rest of your family and almost finds out your a brony.

Also I never get those looks from people, because I'm a closet brony and way beyond scared to buy a toy, since well I can't even tell my parents :P.

• Brohoof 1

I have long hair(like really long), a bit of a goatee, and in the words of my friend Mark when he saw my ID I look kinda like a young Ozzy, so I don't think anyone that doesn't know me personally has the backbone to make fun of me for it.   

In all seriousness, I seem to be one of those people that I have to actively try to make people dislike me, so I don't catch much shit from people, the guy at the comic shop doesn't treat it any different than someone coming in to buy Batman comics.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I feel very good everytime, no problem with it. OK, walking through the girl's doll segment in the toy store while looking for the pony shelf can be a bit shameful sometimes, no guess why^^, but otherwise I have no problems with abducting a few dozen blind bags about 20 minutes long until I have found what I want.

People usually think I'm buying it for someone else, so I just go along with that.

So I feel normal, not scared that I'll be criticised at all.

I feel a tiny bit embarrassed, but people don't care that I'm buying a pony toy. I managed to meet a brony in public while buying a toy at Toys R Us. biggrin.png 

Welp, if I were to buy pony merchandise it would probably be at home. On my computer. Delivered to my house in a concealed package addressed to me.

In case you didn't get the hint, I am a closet brony, so I wouldn't be brave enough to buy something from the store. In fact, the only pony-related thing I have is my custom plushie. I suppose being a younger female may give me a slight advantage in reducing the awkward-ness, but who knows. I've never tried it happy.png

Kudos to all you brave bronies out there! yay.png

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Well going to the mall tomorrow with my friend who doesn't even know what bronies are but if I see a hot topic I'm buyin some shnitz. Otherwise if its just a toy store ill pass but if I'm with my others friends who know that I am a brony or actually know what it is they'll just shake their head but he would act as if I was buying a Dora the explorer play set

• Brohoof 1

I feel pretty rad. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

Earlier today, the guy checking me out was really old. In his seventies, at least. And get this: he goes,

"Heh. You like ponies too, do yah?"

It was pretty awesome. Twilight is his favorite pony, and "Too Many Pinkie Pies" is his favorite episode.

I just felt like brohoofing the universe when I left that place.

• Brohoof 7

I haven't bought any MLP merch yet... But then again I don't have any money. xD I need a job. But when I do get money I assume it won't be so bad, but I might just buy what I want online. Bigger variety and (Possibly) less awkward because you're buying from a fellow brony. I would assume anyway.

img-1568244-1-sad.pngimg-1568244-2-sad.png I been too much of a chicken (and maybe a little lazy) to go to a store and buy them, so I order all of my things on amazon or ebay...I know its sad. *sigh*

It's cool, Thrakerzod, one day you'll be able to use your normal human money to go and buy normal human pony toys like a normal human.

Regardless, a lot of the best stuff can only be ordered online anyway, so you might actually be fine when it comes to pony merchandise.

• Brohoof 2