Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you feel when you're buying MLP stuff in a shop?

Szmeszek

I am not embarrassed. I'm too busy trying not to laugh because of the expression of peoples' faces as I'm checking out with only things of pony nature.

• Brohoof 6

The first time I bought a pony toy I was all like "yeah yeah, just this toy. It's for my niece." but afterwards I just realized that nobody cares that you are buying a toy and I buy them without even worrying now. Plus, I am now open about watching the show so yeah.

• Brohoof 4

I'm not embarased to tell people I'm a brony. However buying things is another mater I would be extremely embarased to be seen at toys R us with a pony toy.

Edited by Dasher
  • Brohoof 1

Not at all. They are just strangers that you probably won't see again. But putting up them on my shelf on the other hand... Yeah, I haven't got the courage to do that yet... Even though I'm now wearing a Fluttershy t-shirt :P

I got a dirty look from a mother once

Why would she give you a dirty look? You were buying them for your niece's eighth birthday. She loves My Little Pony a lot.
  • Brohoof 1

I don't want to sound sexist by any means, but I think girls can get away with theirs on this subject, they can wear brony shirts without any prejuice because, well MLP is meant to be for girls, and girls normally like girly stuff, and when buying toys is the same, people may think that she buying the toys to her daughter or her younger sister, I don't know... people might even see it normal, if the girl is buying the toys for her... I would.

but for guys, I think this is a really complicated subject, I wouldn't buy toys because, they don't appeal to me (yet).. but I definitely would pick some brony accesories and I would feel weird when trying to buy shirts. Fortunatelly for me, the only way to get shirts is by buying them online.

I don't want to sound sexist by any means, but I think girls can get away with theirs on this subject, they can wear brony shirts without any prejuice because, well MLP is meant to be for girls, and girls normally like girly stuff, and when buying toys is the same, people may think that she buying the toys to her daughter or her younger sister, I don't know... people might even see it normal, if the girl is buying the toys for her... I would. but for guys, I think this is a really complicated subject, I wouldn't buy toys because, they don't appeal to me (yet).. but I definitely would pick some brony accesories and I would feel weird when trying to buy shirts. Fortunatelly for me, the only way to get shirts is by buying them online.

I know exactly what you mean, and I think you're right, part of the reason why I have no problem buying merch is because I'm a girl. It's way more likely for a guy buying a pony to get a strange look from someone.

• Brohoof 1

I've never bought any myself but I could imagine how it must feel..I personally wouldn't because right after I leave that store it's very likely they won't be thinking about that teenager buying a Pinkie Pie plushie :)

Edited by OdinForced

I'm not really one to buy pony toys, and if I buy any shirts or pony merchandise I usually just order it online and have it shipped to my house. However, why buy it if you're not going to wear it? So I challenged myself to go eat out in my Fluttershy yay t-shirt- didn't get one look or question or anything from anybody, which I thought was weird, to be honest.
  • Brohoof 1

After I buy my new computer, I'm going to go on a pony shopping spree. I want to start a collection of pony stuff, hidden in my closet, where my troll brother can't find it.

• Brohoof 1

Why would she give you a dirty look? You were buying them for your niece's eighth birthday. She loves My Little Pony a lot.

Of course! I think people just enjoy an excuse to look down on someone sometimes... as awful as that is :blush:

Thanks so much everyone for your opinions! I have to say, the more I buy toys the less embarrassed I feel. I realized that really they don't care, and I shouldn't either. The thing that sometimes makes me a little uneasy is when I see/get the same cashier because I go to the same store too much... but that's just me making sure I'm there when the Nightmare Moon set gets to my Toys R Us! :P

Here's my video answer.

yes that's me I did this awhile ago. I feel a lil silly for buying pony toys at Mc'Donalds, but ponies are too awesomez.

Dude...That was amazing....I couldnt stop laughing the entire time! :lol:

Cashier:"For a boy or a girl?"

"Which one's better?"

Cashier:"I dont know it depends w-"

"WRONG PONIES"

Oh and the answer to this topic is sometimes, but now im planning to go with one of my brony friends! So Awkwardness = 0 :3

Edited by Jibus
  • Brohoof 3

Alright, I have a story to tell, but first, know that I am 16 and a guy...

I have no shame buying pony merchendise and/ or toys. Perhaps my lack of shame is derived from being harrassed by neanderthals and ignorarnt pricks who know nothing about the show or the fandom since I became a brony.

anyway here is the tale of two friends and a brother... who went to walmart at 2 in the morning.

STARRING*

David Favret- ME

Brad George- my friend

Greg- his brother

Greg, "hey brad! Do you guys wanna go to walmart and get som drinks?"

ME AND BRAD "sure"

so we go to walmart and almost no one is there and we start screwing around... literally rolling around in some of the isles and riding on the scooters (we are kids at heart!) And me and brad decide to go look at the pony toys while we are there... however we are horrified by how awfull hasbro is making them. However the blind bags looked semi appealing. So we start the greuling task of trying to figure out which ponies are in which bag by spying on them throught he really tiny hole in the bag..... and eventually we just tore open the bags, but we made sure the cameras didn't see us.

We then went to buy our soda and pony toys (I got twilight Sparkle :wub: ) And the cashier said, and I quote "My Little Pony toys, Very masculine." (we eventually asked her, and she wasnt being sarcastic) so we went home and lived happily ever after.

• Brohoof 2

Dude...That was amazing....I couldnt stop laughing the entire time! :lol:

Cashier:"For a boy or a girl?"

"Which one's better?"

Cashier:"I dont know it depends w-"

"WRONG PONIES"

Glad you enjoyed it! I originally posted it awhile ago on my own thread, and it got some views so I was happy. :) I'm glad people still enjoy it. : - )

I don't really see any reason to be embarrassed, it's not like you're ever going to see the cashier again... unless you know them, of course, in which case it shouldn't matter to them if you buy pony stuff.

I bought my first ever pony toys earlier today - a bunch of blind bags. I'm not entirely comfortable being seen in the pink aisle yet, so I brought my younger siblings. Whenever someone passed by I would act disinterested and bored while asking my sister if we could leave yet. But once nopony else was around, I was frantically digging through the pile with two hands trying to find the best ponies. Pony toys are serious business and while I am still somewhat embarrassed to be seen buying them, I am proud to be a brony.

• Brohoof 3

I buy ponies when I get the chance, I might have to go with Twilight when I buy my next one, but if they have Trixie and Twilight I will buy both. Over all I actually want people to know I'm a brony.

Some stores are starting to have Trixies (along with Lyra, Sunny Rays, and Cherry Berry). I found a Lyra at Target :wub:

I've never bought a pony toy sadly. My main problem is my parents. I don't get embarrassed unless it's a relative. If I can get past them I'm as good as gold.

Edited by Dusty Soul

Some day I will go with my mom to walmart use the old excuse I used to use when I was younger "Mom can I go to the electronics section to play video games" and on the way there I will look for pony toys to buy. Only problem is how I'm going to hide them from her even though she knows I like ponies it still feels odd.

Edited by Dasher