Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you feel when you're buying MLP stuff in a shop?

Szmeszek

I have sworn off Hot Topic in the past. It probably has something to do with them being Hot Topic. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png Maybe I'll have to reconsider.

Also, when did they give out these toys at McDonald's? WHEN?!?!

And when will they have them again? ^_^

They did it quite a few months ago and I have no idea if they plan to do it again, but I totally hope they do.

And what do you got against Hot Topic? lol Not such a bad place. Stuff they got there isn't too bad.

Ha! from my buying experiences, ponies wouldn't even be on my list of most embarrassing things I've bought. Perhaps I've gotten the stink eye while buying ponies but so what? it's not like I give a damn of what others might think.

They did it quite a few months ago and I have no idea if they plan to do it again, but I totally hope they do.

And what do you got against Hot Topic? lol Not such a bad place. Stuff they got there isn't too bad.

I just never liked the look of the place, none of the clothes they had looked interesting before, and...too many teeny-boppers. Now that they have pony stuff I'm conflicted, though. At least they have a website...
  • Brohoof 1

I bought one once and i had a little girl asking me why i was buying that pony. " I'm buying it for my little sister" I said. It felt so embarassing have a little girl asking me why i would buy a Pony. But that was before i was a REAL brony "Though i thought i was"

But now i realised what a real brony is :P And thats exactly what i am :D

I just never liked the look of the place, none of the clothes they had looked interesting before, and...too many teeny-boppers. Now that they have pony stuff I'm conflicted, though. At least they have a website...

lolteeny-bopperslol

Its not that bad. Yea, a lot of their stuff is for the.....different in a sense, but nothing extreme. One good thing is that the majority of most who work there won't give two craps about you buying pony stuff. When I got my wrist band the cashier asked was it for me, to which I proudly said yes. He then quickly pointed to the pony shirts across the store without any other hassle whatsoever.

• Brohoof 1

Buy ponies with impunity I say! People can look at you disapprovingly all they want. What're they going to do about it? A whole lot of nothing, that's what. And if they hassle you, punch em in the d*ck. Or not. Your decision.

It's like this. One day, long ago, I finished a sammich/smoothie challenge at a local shop. I ate two sandwiches and drank three 24 oz smoothies in under twelve minutes. I was triumphant- and also in serious pain from all that cold smoothie. I ran outside and started hurling smoothie everywhere onto the blacktop. When I looked back, I saw some lady looking at me with this grossed out expression. I just looked at her, smiled, and waved at her with smoothie barf still on my face. If you let people make you feel bad, then they've won. You flip them the bird and smile, you've won. Or if you puke smoothie everywhere, I consider it a victory also. So much smoothie...

Edited by DoctorDerp
  • Brohoof 2

Embarrassed? Never! I gladly strut to the checkout when I buy anything pony related. No one wants to mess with this Russian! My lectures will bore them to death. I could talk about MLP and Communism for hours on end. I am rather good at public speaking, so take that haters! I also have muscles but I don't like to brag....I feel like a terrible person when I brag about things.

• Brohoof 2

As a 24 year-old man, no, I don't feel embarassed. Some of my escapades include: taking posters to Hobby Lobby to be framed, going into Hot Topic (I hate that place) to buy some packs of the cards; buying a few action figures (that's what I'm going to call them) from Walmart and waltzing out with the free posters in hand, spending a significant amount of time in Walmart and Target picking through the blind bags to match up the bag numbers with a cheat sheet I found on EqD so I would know what I'm getting; and buying the various collections of figurines available at Toys R' Us.

All of this I usually did while wearing pony shirts. I think people don't give me a hard time because I exude a bit of confidence when I'm shopping rather than shrinking or looking like I'm trying to avoid their notice. Two people have asked me what it's all about but weren't antagonistic at all.

Edited by Artemis
  • Brohoof 3

I was actually at the doctors' office today, and I had my routine physical (which was by my friend's mom awkward ;_; ) and I got a few shots. After I got the shots i walked into the main room area, and a little girl was saying "I want the sticker of Fluttershy". And so I asked for one too. They all gave me a funny look, but I got a Fluttershy sticker, so how bad could it have been?

Edited by Captain McMuffin
  • Brohoof 2

I have never gone to buy the toys, because I don't have a lot of money and I don't have a job. The little bit of money I do have I set aside every year to buy my video games. I already pre ordered Black Ops 2 and Halo 4 back in May. Any money I have left after that I'm saving to buy new cymbals for my drum kit. Sorry, but my new cymbals take priority over aquiring ponies, I know a lot of people are going to call that ideology blasphemy.

• Brohoof 1

Sorry, but my new cymbals take priority over aquiring ponies, I know a lot of people are going to call that ideology blasphemy.

Oh don't worry. Music is definitely higher on my list of priorities than ponies, so I know how that feels. I've been scrounging money for Reason 6, and trying to put some aside for a Knife Party concert two weeks from now.

I don't have the want or money to go out and buy ponies, but if I was to go out and buy a shirt(for say), I would not feel embarrassed. I would simply go buy the shirt, and not give a single F*ck to what anyone else thinks.

i dont buy any merchandise, cause if I run into my friend, it probably will be posted on Facebook for all of her 1000 people to see. I think I'll stick to eBay, that is if I do ever purchase some merchandise.

I think it wouldn't be that embarrassing for a girl, because the show it targeted to them. For a guy, it is harder, I mean, you probably wont meet the people again in life, but, it is awkward.

I probably wont ever get the toys. Sure, I'll but wrist bands. Btw, if the show is going on in about 5 years, and they need a producer, I am applying. I think that what I could contribute would be great.

Hopefully I can get Ashleigh Ball to be Rainbow Dash in next generation and applejack, Tera Strong wont be that hard to get. I dont even want to be thinking about the future. I think I need to stay on topic and wait for season 3.

Nopony should be embarrased when buying pony merchandise. People will most likely leave you alone or think you are buying for a younger kid. If you buy a brony shirt at hot topic, than, it is alright to be a bit, but I'm pretty sure most people know about bronies (the people who work there and possibly other customers).

Well, for my bother's 18th birthday, me and my dad went to toys-r-us to find something pony related for him. We got some figurines and a plushie for him...

As we went up to the female cashier, my dad said: "I would of never guessed to see the day, when I bought My little Pony toys for my son's 18th birthday"

The cashier had a surprised look on her face and yelled: "Really?! I'm like the biggest brony EVER!!! You should give me his number!". All of us laughed, except for my dad who didn't get why she would say that. I told my bro. and he was flipping out! :)

I think that you should be able to buy pony stuff proudly, because what you buy is your business and NO PONY ELSE'S!! B)

• Brohoof 4

I didn't have a problem buying my Applejack, but then I had a bunch of other things that I needed too. When you're buying stuff for your car and some school supplies, ponies seem to get lost in the mix. Add that to the fact that I 'apparently' look over 30 when I'm 19 years old, and the cashier probably thought I was buying it for my nonexistent daughter. :lol: I don't have a lot of pony merch, but what I do have, I show proudly. I love my brony-ness and I hope others stop and stare. They can wonder what makes me so happy and why I'm more awesome than the others who aren't part of the Pony Following. ^_^

Well. Looking in the pink isle and being an 18 year old female...it doesn't sound that bad. However, being 18 and shopping for toys feels a little awkward yeah. No matter, they might think I'm shopping for a sibling or something. :P

i don't know, although I've never bought one, i do share the passion. I'm in the 8th grade and i wish i could buy one or two but my friends would just think i'm pathetic, thats why i joined this site :)) Thank you for making this epic forums!! :wub:

Here's my video answer.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwOY7APnhoc&feature=plcp

yes that's me I did this awhile ago. I feel a lil silly for buying pony toys at Mc'Donalds, but ponies are too awesomez.

Here's my video answer.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwOY7APnhoc&feature=plcp

yes that's me I did this awhile ago. I feel a lil silly for buying pony toys at Mc'Donalds, but ponies are too awesomez.

Brohoofed and subscribed xD

Oh, and as for the topic, I wouldn't feel too embarassed, people around here are pretty open minded, although if I went to Justice (a little girl's store) to get one I think I would get some weird looks, considering I'm a 33 year old man xD (although that didn't stop me from buying Neopet stickers when I was in my Neopet phase)

Edited by Jason Caternolo
  • Brohoof 1

I feel pretty confident when i buy my pony stuff. I went to Hot topic the other day and i got a skull shirt and some pins. When i got to the cash register I told the cashier that i forgot something, so i got a pony blind bag and when i got back he was like "Oh, awesome choice." :lol:

• Brohoof 2