Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you feel when you're buying MLP stuff in a shop?

Szmeszek

Well, last Saturday I went to a meetup to watch the season 3 premier. After a few hours, someone suggested a Toys R Us pony raid which I had at first said I'd pass on and just go home but then after persuasion I caved in and went along... I felt pretty weird being in the pink isle with about 7 guys and 2 girls crowding the place, and At least 3 moms and their daughters had pulled up to the isle and then backed away with puzzled looks on their faces upon seeing a bunch of people that look like they should be at some drinking party at that hour. One employee that was hanging some signs asked if all of us were there for MLPs and just sort of laughed, I think he thought we were just clowining around, and then there was some random guy with an afro video taping us. I also saw the other guys looking so natural while shopping, and I looked pretty tense and probably stuck out because of it so I decided to just relax and blend in with them, and after that I felt pretty good despite being in an abnormal setting, in fact the freedom from the embarrasment felt sort of liberating in a way. I ended up not buying anything because I had no money, but a friend gave the Scootaloo from the CMC set he bought :) we made the cashier's day, her laughter was priceless. I'm glad I went along, it was very liberating. Now, if it was me alone, it may be a different story...

that brief moment of embarrassment is totally worth it in order to overcome a fear. just gotta take that first step and solo it, then it gets easier. look at it in a more positive way: overcoming the awkwardness and youll be rewarded with a sweet-ass piece of merchandise. totally worth it.

• Brohoof 2

As much as I want to tell people about my liking to MLP: FIM, some people as just plain a?*holes.

One time, because I had no other MLP related stuff I brought a Mini Rainbow Dash to school with me, and those who actually saw it call me things like fagot, gay, and worst of all, child molester.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Embarrassed? me? absolutely not, When i buy pony merchandise, i buy it with a lot of pride. I've never even thought twice about feeling that way! no reason I should, and no reason any one else should either!

in fact the freedom from the embarrasment felt sort of liberating in a way. I ended up not buying anything because I had no money, but a friend gave the Scootaloo from the CMC set he bought :) we made the cashier's day, her laughter was priceless. I'm glad I went along, it was very liberating...

/) brohoof dear brony for not backing out despite the looks!

Edited by angels_gal

Nope, never embarassed. :) I'm more embarassed buying tampons than ponies, lol.

I actually really like making my husband buy my ponies when we go to the store because 1. he doesn't care and 2. the looks from the cashier when they see this big construction worker buying ponies is priceless.

I went to Hot Topic the day after season 3 aired and they were having a 25% off sale on all pony merch. I walked in with $50, left with a shirt, a wristband, a Derpy and Rainbow Dash vinyl figurine, and 3 buttons. Today I went in and bought myself a Rainbow Dash robe to go along with my Rainbow Dash Pajama pants. Each time I walked in and bought the merchandise with a big smile on my face. So no I'm not embarressed to buy merch, buy toys...never done that...

• 3 weeks later...

i feel more awkward standing in the toy isle and browsing through them then standing in line at the check out. but its actually alot of fun to go to all the local stores in search of that one figure that you want. i prefer the basic figures, but lately all the stores have had the same Rarity/Trixie/Lyra/Sunny Rays/Cherry Berry selection. gotta hit a toy store in the near future!

Was embarrased the first time, (wanted to buy that F***ING cadence figure D:< ) so the next day I brought my 4 year old sis with me, handed her the cadence toy, and brought a Nerf gun with me :P

I stopped, now I walk in a store, make sure the camera ain't watching the toy section, makes sure no one is heading my way, grab the doll and buy it giving the cashier that look when I think that I'm buying the doll for someone else.

Well me personally ive never bought anything MLP from my local walmart but i have done a few times bought some little kid some pony toys and the mother appreciated it so i think i get more pleasuring seeing a kids smiling face and the mothers expression when i saved her some money.

one of the ways i "got over" the anxeity of buying the toys was to make a joke of it all. when i bought my first figure, i went to a cashier around my age, and mentioned how i was excited to get home and brush its hair, which made her laugh and took the edge off the moment. 

it kinda sucks that so many of us are afraid of buying girls toys, but it gets easier as you do it more. the cashiers honestly dont care, nor will they say anything because it can get them into trouble if you ratted them out, so dont fear them when buying ponies. no fear!

I actually do get a bit nervous when buying pony merch...like this one time when MLP toys were in Mcdonalds happy meals, I knew that I just had to get one and I had to convince my little sister to get a happy meal on the day she goes to McDonalds. So everytime she gets a happy meal, she gives me the toy she gets from McDonalds. xD I was nervous in getting a happy meal for myself. xD

Also, lurking around the pony aisle at walmart...with your friends is fine, but by yourself...it's too embarassing for me xD

To be perfectly honest, I DO feel a small tinge of "what am I doing here" builld up but that is mostly because I end up getting the Pony stuff in the Pink aisle :/

I should just stick with blind bags and trading cards

well, i used to be completely embarassed when buying ponies. i used to wait until there was no one in the aisle, and then i would walk in and quickly glance at what was in stock. i have become more confident, however, and now spend 10 minutes reading blind bag codes in an aisle with 7 other people, and i never feel nervous.

If I'm honest, I haven't been overly interested in the toys, I prefer to draw them :P But if I did I couldn't go to a shop and get embarresed because I'm from Britain and they don't sell them here. I much prefer pony merchandise (t-shirts, jewellery etc), which I search on eBay, but my mum would tell me it would be a waste of money anyway. :( I am determined to get Rainbow Dash t-shirt one day though :'D

• Brohoof 1

I haven't really bought anything pony related yet the stuff I do plan on buying I will most likely buy online not because of any embarrassment but more because of convenience. I don't care what people think of me so I wouldn't have much of a problem buying pony related stuff at a store if I felt like it.

If it's at a Walmart or Target, I feel just a tad hesitant walking through the aisle towards the pony toys. Then again, I'm usually picky for what kind of merch I want, so I usually don't buy from them. I just go to Hot Topic, and there I feel no embarrassment for buying merch. If anything I feel cringing because I know my wallet is prone to depletion.  :P

I  never purchased any pony related material, nor did I ever have an interest in doing so. I like the show, but not to the point where I buy collectibles and stuff. However, I  think that yes, I would probably be embarrassed if I did.

• Brohoof 1

I have not purchased any mlp related merch yet but yes, I probably would. 

Most likely people who work there will not understand the mlp phenomenon and will think of the previous gens. 

I'd stick to buying my things online, thanks. Just ordered a daring do-pitfall t-shirt! I have just made my whole life 20% cooler. 

dont buy the toys. Not because im too old. but mostely because i think most of the toys look relly ugly.

Yeah the toys do lack in quality I mean really bad actually.... The plushies are really nicely made though!

For me yeah I do get embarrassed like if I am by myself in Hot Topic or wherever for that matter but at the same time I know who cares what others think... I guess you just gotta completely say ahh who gives! I haven't quite gotten to that point yet.  

But I do have 3 t shirts I am getting online :3 

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne

Yeah the toys do lack in quality I mean really bad actually.... The plushies are really nicely made though!

For me yeah I do get embarrassed like if I am by myself in Hot Topic or wherever for that matter but at the same time I know who cares what others think... I guess you just gotta completely say ahh who gives! I haven't quite gotten to that point yet.  

I don't like the toys very much but I buy them because they're really easy to customize and I like having toys of my ponysona. It's pretty cool.

• Brohoof 1