Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Games you can beat in a day?

Mothra

Obscure 1 and 2, Resident Evil 1 - Code Veronica X plus Survivor 1 and 2 and pretty much every Silent Hill game  B)

Of course not in the first run... :adorkable:  but after a playtrough i usually know where to go and can speed trough everything  :lol:

Also Total Overdose and Jak and Daxter 1 and Ridge Racer and Ridge Racer Evolution on all difficulties in one day  :sneer:

Most linear FPS games, I think - F.E.A.R., Crysis, the various WW2 MoH games (those that were on PC, anyway) so on and so fourth. Even some non-linear ones like Far Cry 2 / 3 could probably be done, but I wouldn't.

RTS games depend a lot more on how fast-paced they are - I recently replayed Red Alert 2 and Yuri's revenge, and was surprised at how fast they were compared to Tiberium Sun, which I had also replayed fairly recently (quite a few missions I finished in under ten minutes - even on the hardest difficulty. Both the campaigns would probably only take me a few hours of continuous play.)

Most strategy games I would take longer for - some of the Total War games are quite short if you play aggressively, so I could manage them, but I've never had an A.I. War Fleet Command last less than fifteen hours, which I simply would not do in one day. And I've yet to finish a game of Hearts of Iron III, so certainly not that.

I've beaten both Portal and Portal 2 in an afternoon. I also managed to do a Pokémon Black 2 Mienshao solo in under a day, honestly, maingame Mienshao is extremely powerful. I had to give up Hi Jump Kick due to the risky resets, but Drain Punch filled in nicely for added healing (I was trying to minimize healing items).

• 2 weeks later...

Probably The legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

I did a live stream of that. ALMOST beat my record of 6 hours.

Most action games, and many open-world RPGs like Morrowind or Dark Souls (if you really know what the fuck you're doing).

Fallout NV. So far my record is 10 hours. I'm going for 6

What is your criteria? Because you can run straight to Vegas, side with Yes Man, have him ignore all the factions, and beat the game within ~30 minutes. (I did that to get the hardcore achievement since I could never seem to finish a normal playthrough without turning it off at least once.)

I could probably beat all of the Assassin's Creed games in a day. Considering I can finish each game in about 2-3 hours.

I can speedrun Mirror's Edge pretty fast too, at around 1 hour~