Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv DISNEY DEBATES: The Lion King vs. Frozen

PonyFunk

Lion King vs. Frozen  

63 users have voted

1. 1. The Lion King vs. Frozen

• The Lion King
    • Frozen

I saw both movies and I definitely think The Lion King is way better than Frozen. That's not to say Frozen wasn't good, but Lion King made me feel more emotions and the animation is just so much better as was the basic story structure and characters and character development.   

Edited by StitchandMLPlover
  • Brohoof 6

Frozen has two problems that The Lion King doesn't:

1. There are way too many songs in that movie. Enough so that if you removed them it would take out a large chunk of the movie's story. It's a decent way to turn a long and/or boring conversation into something interesting but this movie was over-saturated with it and it shows in the quality of the songs.

2. We've come to a point when Disney movies are almost completely predictable. There wasn't a single part of that movie that couldn't have been guessed to some degree. Half the jokes wrote themselves in the premise.

Frozen is a great movie, but I'd have to go with The Lion King. I love just how "big" the entire story feels, and the music and characters are fantastic. Simba has amazing development throughout the movie, and you can really tell this when Simba walks up Pride Rock in the rain at the end. It's very satisfying to see how far he has developed as a character.

The humor is nice as well. :)

But nothing against Frozen; that's definitely worth watching too and I'd highly recommend watching both if given the chance.

• Brohoof 5

Lion King all the way, I have seen that movie like a gazillion time and I never get old of it. Plus it was the last movie I ever thought I could actually understand personally!

Lion King, for sure. The character development is great, the story line is moving, the animation is stunning, and the voice acting were all top notch. It was (and is) a masterpiece -- I can't say the same for Frozen. In my opinion, Frozen was very cliche and stilted. Not to mention that the amount of singing -- despite how good -- was quite obnoxious.

• Brohoof 1

Loyal to the pride but I will see that frozen is a good contender. Where tlk is loved by young and old, frozen comes in with that one song (I swear it's almost as powerful as godsmack's voodoo, really don't wanna git anyone, myself included, started with that hoofin song) and Elsa is pretty much the only (other than rappy) official disney princess (not counting the opposing team's princess who should be official since they added a chick with ice powers, a chick who married a monster, a chick who turned into a frog, and a chick that's half fish, why not throw in a lionness who was born the daughter of a king) I like (usually hate them because of kiara's exclusion from the group). 

The Lion King is better because it has a great storyline, while Frozen was really hyped too much and was basically created to sell toys.

Mhm, go on about things created to sell toys? XD I jest, I jest. But seriously, Lion King>Frozen hands down.

The Lion King without a doubt! I grew up with both TLK and TLKII (it was one of the only movies I'd watch as a little girl). Frozen is just so overrated and annoying. I cringe whenever I hear any of the songs, even the parody versions.

"He Lives In You" is the BEST one for me! It's just so moving.

Edited by Quartz Aegis
  • Brohoof 1

Lion King hands down!! 

With two little girls... frozen got old quick! I try to avoid it at all costs! I told my five year old that her frozen CD was lost and the movie was too scratched to watch. The only down side... my mom owns a copy, so whenever she wants to watch it... she goes to Nana! 

Lion King just does everything right. And come on.... James Earl Jones. 

So Frozen is actually my favorite movie, I've pretty much been obsessed with it since I first saw it on opening day two years ago. I even rushed to beat the crowds at Disney World last year to get my picture taken with Anna and Elsa (I had just turned 20, sad I know haha) but what I think is unfortunate is that it is still an overhyped movie and it is shoved in our faces to the point where people say "I'm so sick of f***ing Frozen and Let it Go!" Now I love most everything Frozen but I can see why this can be annoying for some people. I'm not claiming it's the best movie ever, because there's really no such thing as "The best movie ever". It's all opinion, and Frozen happens to be my favorite. I still love the Lion King too, a classic and amazing movie.

r2eyq.jpg

Legit, I haven't seen either, and in all honesty...I don't care to do so.

It's kinda weird really...because a lot of people know them well.

So when I say I have no real interest in seeing them, they form an angry mob and threaten to burn down my house...(okay maybe that last part isn't true...but they still give me weird looks)

I guess however, if technicality counts...I HAVE seen the lion king...when I was like...3...however, there was a problem with my viewing experience...

you see, my aunt was a spanish teacher, and my mom would babysit my cousin every once in a while, and she'd take me over to her house with her, so I could play with my cousin etc. Well...the problem was...all of her disney movies were in spanish. I did not speak spanish...in fact, I STILL don't speak spanish. So I probably saw most of the movie and went, "wha?"...

So yeah, I guess lion king wins in this case...since I've SEEN at least a small portion...(even if I couldn't understand it)

Not really wanting to watch Frozen, considering the fact that the movie's characters are EVERYWHERE...which somehow kinda spoils it for me. Plus that song was all over youtube for over 3 months...it kinda got old before it could get new for me. (Which is how I imagine non-pony fans feel about the show's fandom/hype)

But yeah...there's...an answer. I guess lol.

Edited by BrilliantVenture
  • Brohoof 2

sig-4089623.r2eyq.jpg

Legit, I haven't seen either, and in all honesty...I don't care to do so.

It's kinda weird really...because a lot of people know them well.

So when I say I have no real interest in seeing them, they form an angry mob and threaten to burn down my house...(okay maybe that last part isn't true...but they still give me weird looks)

I guess however, if technicality counts...I HAVE seen the lion king...when I was like...3...however, there was a problem with my viewing experience...

you see, my aunt was a spanish teacher, and my mom would babysit my cousin every once in a while, and she'd take me over to her house with her, so I could play with my cousin etc. Well...the problem was...all of her disney movies were in spanish. I did not speak spanish...in fact, I STILL don't speak spanish. So I probably saw most of the movie and went, "wha?"...

So yeah, I guess lion king wins in this case...since I've SEEN at least a small portion...(even if I couldn't understand it)

Not really wanting to watch Frozen, considering the fact that the movie's characters are EVERYWHERE...which somehow kinda spoils it for me. Plus that song was all over youtube for over 3 months...it kinda got old before it could get new for me. (Which is how I imagine non-pony fans feel about the show's fandom/hype)

But yeah...there's...an answer. I guess lol.

I also feel that Frozen is to Western animated films as MLP:FIM is to Western animated shows.

• 8 months later...